The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 04:49:11 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Barcelona: September 14, 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - GT2 fun race at Barcelona - Sep 14  (Read 6515 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 07:11:43 PM +0100 »

Yes remember to book in before 19.45 uk time chaps  Smiley.   See you in there.

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 08:00:56 PM +0100 »

Bugger, just got in and just missed the booking slot time Sad Any other way to join?

Michael Boylan

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 08:16:27 PM +0100 »

Guess I can't get in because of that stupid booking  Roll Eyes Angry.

Seriously, why go for the booking system on a fun race...
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 08:22:00 PM +0100 »

Just watched practise run down and then qualify and still no luck in joining so I guess that's it.

Is it possible to not use the booking system and just have the server password protected?

Michael Boylan

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 08:26:52 PM +0100 »

Embarrassed Didn't realise we were booking stupid of me till next week then
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 09:21:19 PM +0100 »

That was great. Love those cars they have just the right amount of power, grip and braking to make the car interesting but not beyond humans. You actually have to brake in a straight line, use the pedals properly not just mash them like you do with GT3 and steer more carefully.

Maybe if ABS and TCS was banned from GT3 they'd be more lively? Not sure, still wouldn't be as fun as the GT2 I don't think.

Thanks for hosting. Hope we do a series with these beasts.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 09:27:09 PM +0100 »

It's the game that's stupid, if we don't run a booking period then all drivers must be in the entry list file which means pre-selecting the car and skin you're going to use. At the 2 people changed their car choice during the booking period tonight.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 09:35:06 PM +0100 »

Looks like our sneaky shortened race means Dave's importer got it wrong!

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2016, 09:51:45 PM +0100 »

It was actually a pretty fun race considering there were only 7 of us. Kinda glad we shortened it to half an hour though.

Had some fun battles, although I might have taken it a bit too easy at T1 on the opening lap  Cool

The Beemer was quite fun since felt like I was going sideways through half the corners  Grin (though it couldve used some setup tweaks here and there)
Still hope there will be more GT2/GTE cars in the future, still wouldn't mind a series with them as they are, the lack of ABS ( and turning the TC down  Wink ) definetely adds some spice to these cars.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2016, 09:57:32 PM +0100 »

It's the game that's stupid, if we don't run a booking period then all drivers must be in the entry list file which means pre-selecting the car and skin you're going to use. At the 2 people changed their car choice during the booking period tonight.

For a fun race you wouldn't need an entry list, as skins don't matter. You can just set up a race with a password but without the booking.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2016, 10:21:23 PM +0100 »

Might have helped if you guys had shouted up 'before' the event  Roll Eyes. It clearly said 'booking' in the first race post so we had time to lose that option. Must admit I thought you could only do a race with booking or pre entry list but then I never go on pick up race servers.

We also dropped the race length to half hour sprint as just wasn't worth doing an hour long fun race with low turnout.
But Considering only 7 of us raced it was very close intense racing!  Cool. I didn't get a seconds let up for half hour. The cars are proper race cars and look and sound the part  Smiley all 7 cars stayed pretty close to each other too.

We could slot a series in using these as an alternate weekly series with gt3's  Undecided  

Next week I'll use some new content, maybe the Maserati gt4 or something else. Still not driven it yet!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:25:12 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2016, 10:40:58 PM +0100 »

Rumour has it that we will be getting the first Porsche DLC in a few weeks time so I'm not sure what we are getting but maybe a GT3 Porka. If so, is it worth running a mini GT2 championship now if everyone seems to like them and then do GT3 after in the hope we have a GT3 Porka. Something like 6 races (Spa, Monza, Red Bull Ring, Zandvoort, Brands Hatch GP, Nurburg GP), each race 1 hour long, open pit option.

Michael Boylan

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2016, 07:22:03 AM +0100 »

Yes I'm hoping the dlc comes in time for a new gt3 series so I can include my revered Porsche  Grin though I was intending to take a 488 for a run too. Just need an Aston now  Smiley

A short gt2 series would suit me but need to know its popular enough otherwise will run a different fun race over next couple of weeks until the new dlc.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2016, 07:34:56 AM +0100 »

For a fun race you wouldn't need an entry list, as skins don't matter. You can just set up a race with a password but without the booking.
Prey tell how, my understanding is the game needs to know all the cars that will be used before any real race session can begin. Thus you must be pre-booked or manually book yourself.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2016, 08:05:19 AM +0100 »

A short gt2 series would suit me but need to know its popular enough otherwise will run a different fun race over next couple of weeks until the new dlc.

I'd rather have a seris than fun races, we all know how they were attetnded  Tongue. This race could of had 10 drivers, which isn't bad for a fun race on such a hot day. With a few regulars from the GT3 series, and you'd have a decent grid.

Prey tell how, my understanding is the game needs to know all the cars that will be used before any real race session can begin. Thus you must be pre-booked or manually book yourself.

I don't know, but I looked here and found things like:

Example for a server in pickup mode
You need to insert at least a number of cars sections equal to the MAX_CLIENTS value or higher than that. So if the server is allowing 10, cars then the entry list must have cars from [CAR_0] to [CAR_9] at least.

I think that's how most open servers have it set up. It does mean however, that there will be a maximum number of cars to chose from (for instance, 8 of each brand), which is plenty for the grids we are getting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com