The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:53:53 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2GT2 VIR: September 21, 2016
September 21, 2016, 05:55:43 PM +0100 - VIR (Full) - UKAC Season 2 GT2 Challenge Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jeffrey

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 2 +0.738
---
1 43:15.798
---
24 1:47.180
---
Dunlop  
Maikel K.

Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 1 1:45.043
---
2 +0.021
---
24 1:46.544
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 3 +2.243
---
3 +33.832
---
24 1:47.794
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 4 +2.723
---
4 +45.064
---
24 1:48.378
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 7 +3.348
---
5 +52.211
---
24 1:48.546
---
Dunlop  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 5 +3.176
---
6 +52.777
---
24 1:48.406
---
Dunlop  
garyjpaterson

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 6 +3.224
---
7 +1:30.474
---
24 1:49.456
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 8 +3.590
---
8 +1L
---
23 1:49.900
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 9 +5.538
---
9 +46.364
---
23 1:51.006
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - GT2 Series Challenge Cup - VIR - Sep 21  (Read 8583 times)
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2016, 01:32:56 PM +0100 »

I'm not sure, but with the tyres I think it's lower the pressure to gain more temperature into the tyres and more grip, so more wear. But, higher pressures mean less grip, so more sliding, so also more heat  Huh
I don't know, I just aim for the ideal tyre pressure for most of the lap, 35 psi if I remember it correctly ( with these GT2 cars )
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2016, 01:44:02 PM +0100 »

Don't do anything with the damage, it will just result in more careless driving and contact. The game isn't perfect. Oh well. :-)

That actually shows little faith in the drivers you have here. High damage settings will not, and should not force cautious behaviour.
The damage model is faulty and way too exaggerated, and all it does now, is penalize small nudges which shouldn't cause any effect. Nudges that wouldn't get a penalty in the official way. The whole penalty system should cause people to drive carefully. In GTR2 and GTL the damage model was quite forgiving, but I didn't see banger racing back then.

Wish we could do warm up laps and use the clutch on starts. I thought they added that a while back? Not to multiplayer?

I think they added false starts in multiplayer, and seeing as we aren't using PLP, I think it is just a matter of switching it on? I don't want a warm up lap tho, the cold tyre starts give some spice. It's very tricky, especially without ABS, but we should all be aware of it.

I was knocked off track at turn one (from third place)

You might wanna check the replay  Tongue. I don't see anybody knocking you off in this screenshot  Wink

And this was the finish
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2016, 03:48:00 PM +0100 »

I actually wasn't bothered about changing the damage level but several people have mentioned how they lost so much race pace from light contact. Just so happens that I got it too last night. Just proves unlike spanner I tend not to hit other cars regularly   Grin

Re my contact last night I wasn't aware who I had hit or hit me until after the race when Gary told me. Trust me it was no opportune move just when I stabbed the brake pedal the car locked it's front and squelched forward across the apex   Embarrassed bit annoying as I pulled off the first part just right. My car was a complete pig on mediums last night  Sad

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2016, 03:50:49 PM +0100 »

Wow that was a close finish!  Shocked. Should post that over on the Kunos site Cool

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2016, 05:03:25 PM +0100 »

Regarding damage, though I'm loathe to remove it too much to deter contact it would seem we need to decrease the damage inflicted from light contacts as it punishes too much for race pace. Any ideas what the ideal setting should be? We can then use it for future races but I don't want to remove it completely.

Maybe we can try something around 50%? As I already mentioned during the GT3 series 80% damage are just unrealistically harsh. (I took part in a series last year where we had 30% damage which was also ok)

In GT racing it's common when you're getting a tap here and there and if cars making contact.
Did somebody saw the Blancpain Endurance race last weekend at the Nürburgring? The #58 McLaren crashed two times into cars in front and was also collected once by a car from behind ( some parts even fell out of the front bumper Grin) but the car still continued with a decent speed.

I doubt that anybody here would cause collisions on purpose if we turn the damage down a bit.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:08:32 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2016, 05:16:39 PM +0100 »

Are you going to come and join us nfsw?

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2016, 06:02:21 PM +0100 »

Are you going to come and join us nfsw?

I'll hopefully be able to join the series for next weeks race, but unfortunately I can only make 2-3 out of the 6 races  Sad
garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2016, 07:49:42 PM +0100 »

About the contact with Mark and me, I just checked the replay and it wasn't all that bad, the contact was very minor and I think IRL we would have both made the corner, but instead despite the tiny contact my car was launched off the track - annoying but I wouldn't blame Mark too much  Tongue

I'd say the move was a bit ambitious, I had to turn in at some point (when I did you were alongside and contact was made), but equally I think I was being too cautious at that point, and I could have entered the corner a bit faster and the contact would have probably been avoided. Racing incident I'd say  laugh

Anyway, I was never going to do well there, I was really inconsistent there, unable to beat my practice (on race fuel) time in quali (just a couple laps of fuel)! After getting back on track, I caught Stephen but took too long passing him. Did the same to Mark, he made a mistake so I took 7th (one place lower than I qualified). After some mistakes and poor laps I could see Mark catching up, but I somehow managed to pick up the pace and was able to manage the gap to finish 7th. I was actually having a good first lap before the contact, was up to 5th! Though seeing the race unfold I never would have kept it, my pace was very bad  Cheesy

Looking forward to the next one, as always!

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com