The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 01:23:23 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2GT2 Zeltweg: October 05, 2016
October 05, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0100 - Zeltweg (A1-Ring) - UKAC Season 2 GT2 Challenge Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Maikel K.

Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 2 +0.046
---
1 41:15.794
---
27 1:30.784
---
Michelin  
Jeffrey

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 1 1:30.247
---
2 +25.555
---
27 1:30.965
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 6 +1.464
---
3 +33.077
---
27 1:31.745
---
Dunlop  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 4 +1.106
---
4 +34.032
---
27 1:31.950
---
Dunlop  
nfsw55

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 5 +1.253
---
5 +47.335
---
27 1:32.153
---
Dunlop  
garyjpaterson

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 3 +1.001
---
6 +49.573
---
27 1:31.883
---
Dunlop  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 9 +2.665
---
7 +1:33.126
---
27 1:33.164
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 10 +3.524
---
8 +1L
---
26 1:35.042
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 7 +1.671
---
9 +4L
---
23 1:31.998
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 8 +2.324
---
10 +11L
---
16 1:33.026
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 GT2 Challenge Cup - A1-Ring - Oct 5  (Read 7384 times)
garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 09:52:39 AM +0100 »

Spent a fair amount of time last night practising against the AI - it was actually a lot of fun - I meant to only be practising starts but ended up actually racing them a fair bit too!

It was definitely useful practice - I'll probably end up doing it before every race, as it really familiarises you to the sort of speed you're doing into T1 with cold tyres - which during the event of course you only ever do once, ie the race, so you're going in effectively blind.

The AI aren't the best on the first lap, they are a bit robotic in the first corner, but it was definitely good to see when I should be braking to keep a safe distance.

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2016, 09:32:54 PM +0100 »

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2016, 09:39:29 PM +0100 »

Jeff, both Spanner and myself were commenting on the downshifts not working. Spanner blamed his wheel  Roll Eyes

Hope you'll reconsider Jeff, don't want Maikel unchallenged for the title 

I got a decent start but Shark was a bit of a road block and that allowed Spanner and nfsw to get past, but after losing a couple of secs to nfsw trying a pass I then settled down, caught and passed him and chased after Spanner, my hot breath caused him to spin Wink and I then got about chasing down Shark again. Caught him and a half spin from him in the last corner enabled me to get passed. Happy with the result Smiley

First race I've done using the Oculus Rift in a long time too, it's been too hot to strap it on my head over the summer but now the evenings are cooling down it's usable again. The immersion is amazing, cars look so solid in 3d especially when your glued to their bummer  Grin

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2016, 09:45:32 PM +0100 »

Excuses excuses Jeffy Jeff Jeff. Wink Kiss

I only discovered tonight why I had such a mare at Portimao and why I've been having difficulty in the Maserati Cup at Core, my brake pedal was only picking up a fraction of the full reading, so I was having to touch it like an egg and resulted in a lot of lock ups. Once that was fixed I could push the pedal properly and drive again. Wish I'd realised what was going on last week, wouldn't have been so flipping useless.

Had a fun race tonight being pipped to the podium by my team mate when I lost it over the kerbs on the final turn.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2016, 10:01:47 PM +0100 »

What downshift protection ?   Roll Eyes
Seriously though, I'm not even noticing it on the Ferrari, compared to how terribly annoying it is with the Maserati GT4.

Had a fun race though, was right on Jeffrey's tail in the beginning so I knew it was just a matter of waiting till his tyres dropped  Grin
Still was a great battle going side by side in turn 2.

And more importantly !!! I managed to not spin or make any stupid mistakes.... Progress  Cool

Little tip for my fellow Ferrari users: Shift earlier...
Seriously though, after 7500 rpm it loses alot of power even though it has a limit of 8500 rpm. I noticed it when watching the replay on some  Grin

Replay ( in case anyone missed it ) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ic3wjy6a77606g/ferrari_458_gt2%40ks_red_bull_ring-layout_gp_20161005221909?dl=0

garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 10:33:37 PM +0100 »

Really fun race this time, glad to enjoy it again.

Spent a lot more time than usual practising, and it showed, qualifying P3 Cheesy

Had a average start, was rightfully cautious after last weeks nonsense, and somehow came out of the first couple of corners in P3! Then, I made the most ridiculous spin on the second fast corner, all by myself not under any pressure. I didn't really care at the time, I was just glad to have not taken anyone out of the race  laugh

Was about dead last, then began working my way back up - I never made it far as I had lost so much time, but I had a lot of fun nevertheless, I think the pressure was off and I was free to enjoy it.

At the end I was catching NFS for P5, and was pretty exciting getting visibly closer each lap, but alas we ran out of laps  Tongue To be fair, even though I was gaining I think I'd have struggled to pass, would have needed a mistake to get passed.

Also its a shame to see you go Jeff, I can't say I've had any problems with downshift protection myself - if anything, I'm glad its there. Hopefully you change your mind Smiley
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:40:00 PM +0100 by garyjpaterson » Logged

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2016, 11:46:24 PM +0100 »

Quiet race but also enjoyable. Very slow lap times for me and qualified 9th out of 10. Made a decent start and had a look up the middle on the run to turn one but no options opened so settled back on the outside with Mark on the inside. Held station for most of the lap but got a good exit on one of the corners that would of seen me challenging Mark on the run to the last but one corner. However, he run deep which spurred me on to get on the throttle early to make my move but it was asking too much and the back end stepped out. Ran a little wide and lost a place. Also gained a place as it was where Gary spun. A few laps battle and finally ended up finishing 7th not seeing any other cars for the rest of the race.

I do like these GT2 cars. Just wished we had more than three cars to choose from.

Michael Boylan

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2016, 11:43:08 AM +0100 »

Sorry I missed last nights race gents (We ain't... I hear ye).
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2016, 12:31:41 PM +0100 »

Meh!

As ever I get to the night and it all feels different, lower grip, no temps in tyres and kept losing the back in the second corner. Thought the tweaks I did to the setup helped but come the race the tyres were bright green and a little too hot! Never used softs for a race before, but they were mainly blue in all the practise I've done so had no worries.

I was getting a complex everytime I approached the second corner plus trying to run behind Simon meant I couldn't realx and drive how I wanted, was having to constantly drive around what he was doing. Checking up mid corner will never end well, oh look its the second corner Roll Eyes

Having spun there 3 times during the race I decided to give up as I was a bit annoyed with how it went! Looking forward to a proper track  Tongue

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2016, 12:50:41 PM +0100 »

Real night to forget for me. It was odd like I completely lost my racing mojo for this car and track combination. No matter what way I went with setup I just couldn't find the pace needed so it must boil down to something I was getting very wrong over a lap.
I over-did (fruitless) practise the eve before and my ribs were giving me grief but not even sure it was that, I just didn't have any pace  :'(
Qualified 9th  Sad span on lap 2 of the race and dropped to stone last with a 10+ time deficit to the nearest car. Shocking! Trundled around for 17 pointless laps seeing no one but SRWs vette as he span into a wall. I couldn't make any in-roads into the car 10 secs up the road so retired the car and saved my ribs.

I don't get how I could be so off the pace compared to last week  Huh And I normally like this track!

garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 10:37:16 PM +0100 »

Also gained a place as it was where Gary spun. A few laps battle and finally ended up finishing 7th not seeing any other cars for the rest of the race.

Yeah I spun on L1 but caught you again - here's a pic of me passing you  Tongue We actually made a tiny contact just fractions after this (happy to say I didn't do anything wrong, would have not been able to show my face here again if I did  angel), just pointing out I did leave enough room, and I was ahead  Grin

I was actually less stressed out after my L1 spin, and able to enjoy working my way up as far as I could without any pressure, and therefore enjoyed the race immensely without getting a decent result. It was actually a shame I didn't get a to battle anyone else, this was my only real on track pass - everyone else I passed had gone off with me behind the,

Looking forward to the Hockenheim thread so I can download the track and get practising again Smiley

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2016, 10:44:54 PM +0100 »

Also gained a place as it was where Gary spun. A few laps battle and finally ended up finishing 7th not seeing any other cars for the rest of the race.

Yeah I spun on L1 but caught you again - here's a pic of me passing you  Tongue We actually made a tiny contact just fractions after this (happy to say I didn't do anything wrong, would have not been able to show my face here again if I did  angel), just pointing out I did leave enough room, and I was ahead  Grin

I was actually less stressed out after my L1 spin, and able to enjoy working my way up as far as I could without any pressure, and therefore enjoyed the race immensely without getting a decent result. It was actually a shame I didn't get a to battle anyone else, this was my only real on track pass - everyone else I passed had gone off with me behind the,

Looking forward to the Hockenheim thread so I can download the track and get practising again Smiley

HEHE well, it was slightly different in my car but no harm done lol Smiley

Michael Boylan

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com