The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 02:00:59 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2GT2 Portimao: September 28, 2016
September 28, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0100 - Portimão - UKAC Season 2 GT2 Challenge Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jeffrey

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 1 1:44.774
---
1 40:41.747
---
23 1:45.051
---
Dunlop  
Maikel K.

Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 2 +0.362
---
2 +20.234
---
23 1:45.450
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 6 +1.876
---
3 +38.007
---
23 1:46.102
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 3 +0.887
---
4 +42.144
---
23 1:46.466
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 5 +1.481
---
5 +43.647
---
23 1:46.560
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 7 +1.891
---
6 +56.619
---
23 1:46.476
---
Dunlop  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 7 +1:09.456
---
23 1:46.763
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 10 +3:40.478
---
8 +4:08.286
---
23 1:48.548
---
Dunlop  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 9 +5.786
---
9 +1L
---
22 1:50.126
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 8 +2.000
---
10 +13L
---
10 1:47.709
---
Michelin  
garyjpaterson

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 4 +0.922
---
11 +18L
---
5 1:48.969
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 GT2 Challenge Cup - Portimao - Sep 28  (Read 6162 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 07:16:37 PM +0100 »

Are we just going with booking or is there the entry/ car list in the server so we can turn up at anytime?

Isnt clear from first post

Same as race 1 only use booking if your not on the pre entry list (which you are)

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 09:10:52 PM +0100 »

Well, that wasn't much fun. Start of the race was excellent and had a lovely side by side battle with Mark half way through lap 1. Sadly, the second part of lap 1 I got hit. Then hit again a couple seconds later by the same driver which damaged my suspension. As I went wide on the next corner as the car wouldn't turn, the same driver also ran wide and hit me for a third time finishing me off. Needed to pit for repairs which put me a lap down. Tried to catch up but after 8 or so laps it was pointless and retired Sad

Michael Boylan

garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 09:13:44 PM +0100 »

I messed up, I'm sorry.

I have no idea what happened, I had a poor start (from 4th) and was losing positions, and i think the chance of a good points haul got to me and I was too aggressive when passing/being passed.

I'll be honest and say i'm not 100% sure who I hit, but I know it was quite a few, so I apologise for ruining their races too. With hindsight I should have been more cautious and let guys passed, knowing I had decent enough pace and could get them back in a safer manner, but I was too hot-headed and obviously ended up involved in a few collisions.

I'd like to think a few of them were not purely my fault, but I know for a fact I could have avoided some had I taken more care. It is a shame since I felt really good at this track, and had thoughts of a near podium in my head, but of course I have no one to blame but myself.

I think at the next race I should start at the back, make sure I don't ruin anyone's race on lap 1.

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2016, 09:25:34 PM +0100 »

Hmm, I think perhaps that was a bad idea me even joining. Only just got back in time to find 4 minutes left of qually. Never raced the track before, no setup and not ready. Took me the whole race (which was about 18 laps more than it normally takes me to learn a new circuit) but I was still hopelessly off the pace even on my own with repaired car and softs. Thanks for the setup Jeff but your tyre pressures are whacky to say the least and don't think helped me at all this time (unlike VIR). Grin

Didn't hit anyone myself, just the wall a couple of times, not an enjoyable race on my own not knowing which way the next corner was going especially when you can't see any of them coming!

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 09:28:44 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the setup Jeff but your tyre pressures are whacky to say the least and don't think helped me at all this time (unlike VIR). Grin
The tyre pressures were perfect for me, never did a tyre get in the yellow or more than 1psi away from optimal. But you need to push in order to get that to happen, and I think being a few seconds a lap slow could indeed mean the tyres were probably too soft for you. Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 09:31:08 PM +0100 »

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 10:01:20 PM +0100 »

Pretty fun race.

Had a good start, managed to get to Jeffrey's side by T1 and at T2 he left the door open so I could squeeze my Ferrari through. Managed to get a little bit away since my tyres were quickly up to temp, but soon Jeffrey was on my tail again. Couple close fights, small mistakes and 8 laps later Jeffrey was driving away from me. I was losing too much time and I wanted to push the car even harder, resulting in more Ken Block-style driving. After that I was kind enough to draw the number 6 in turn 6, just in case anyone forgot it.  Cool
Tyre wear was terrible though, lap 15 the wear was yellow and by the end I was at around 96.9%. Felt like driving on ice.
Probably wasn't a good idea to get rid of the downforce at the front in quali and then forgetting to put it back up for the race    Shocked
Lost so much time in that last corner  Grin

PS; is the A1-ring next race the official track or the modded one?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 10:03:07 PM +0100 by Maikel K. » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 10:07:41 PM +0100 »

sorry for tapping you into a spin at the first corner picnic.
never really got a good feel for the brakes tonight(too used to the luxury of the GT3's ABS!), either locking up or stopping too early. after the race I went through the settings page, think I need to try experimenting with the brake gamma and deadzones before the next race.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 10:09:57 PM +0100 »

sorry for tapping you into a spin at the first corner picnic.
never really got a good feel for the brakes tonight(too used to the luxury of the GT3's ABS!), either locking up or stopping too early. after the race I went through the settings page, think I need to try experimenting with the brake gamma and deadzones before the next race.

Like MJ said before the race, you were on the hard tyres. That doesn't help with braking either  Tongue
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 10:53:40 PM +0100 »

I really enjoyed that race tonight  Cool before this eve I was thinking I wasn't feeling the love for the gt2's and was missing gt3 especially after watching the real Blancpain Nurburgring race the other day, but tonight restored my enthusiasm. The fezza felt very racey and love it's screaming revs v8  Cool

Qually was decent enough though I struggled to improve any time over my pb.

Just before race start I upped my front wing to 3 and it was an inspired move to reduce my understeer problem in some corners.  Smiley

Got a good start and mixed it up with a few cars without any contact. Have to say the antics of GaryP and Michael looked too wild On lap 1 as both appeared to be taking multiple lunges into corners on stone cold tyres and luckily for the rest of us they appeared to keep hitting each other. Bit daft guys, you had another 39 minutes and 23 laps to get past a car  Sad no need to go crazy in the first turns and ruin your own races, but I know racing adrenalin can take over sometimes.
I shook out of lap 1 in 4th and set about chasing Marks Corvette. It was a long pursuit always within a couple of secs and we both closed on Eck ahead. Eventually after half the race, Mark ran wide under pressure and I got through into 4th.
Then I had to steadily reel in Ecks corvette and this took another long lot of laps. Finally I got a great exit out of the final corner got in his tow and slipstreamed past for 3rd  Smiley
Eck kept me in pursuit but I slowly pulled out a good lead and earned a hard earned 3rd place on the podium  thumbup1

Got some twinges whenever I used more lock but think the heat I generated kept my aching ribs in check  sweatdrop

Congrats to Jeff and Maikel for 1st and 2nd in a league of their own  Cool

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 09:43:51 AM +0100 »

Mark, I wasn't racing anyone, just holding my line. I even let you pass me as I wasn't even in a racing mood. After my car was hit, something was broken and it kept locking up and pitching every time I touched the brakes so I was just trying to keep out of the way but got hit again.

Anyway, that's racing Smiley

Michael Boylan

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 11:41:31 AM +0100 »

i will watch the replay and put my judges hat on  smartass hang

Has someone got the replay?

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 11:55:24 AM +0100 »

I saved the replay so I can upload later.

Not looking for anyone to get any penalties etc. Just one of those things but I was just trying to keep out of the way and keep my car under control.

Michael Boylan

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 12:27:07 PM +0100 »

There was plenty going on on that first lap, afterwards I felt a little guilty myself, probably being too defensive as I think Gary was along side for a couple of corners and though I was trying to give space alongside, that's not the normal racing line and we hit the side of each other. With one eye on the mirror it seems then Gary didn't recover and then encountered others as well as somehow MJ ended up behind me. I did fell like I made a rubbish start, got too sideways, letting Eck through and then felt under pressure.

elt reasonably comfortable with MJ behind but as the race went on the slower hairpins were getting tighter as I was getting understeer, if I didn't get the line right I was struggling to keep it in limits and so ended up on that last tight LH before the last two RHer corners I drifted off on the grass slightly letting Mark through.

It had seemed we were catching Eck slowly, he had decided to go with softs, but he seemed to just be able to keep ahead until the last lap when I could carry far more speed in the last corner than him and got by.

Hadnt tried softs, tried them in qually and ended up just getting 3rd, only 7ths away from Jeff  Shocked Err whats going on lol

I had also ran high front wing, think it was 3-5, With the braking you have to get out of the habbit of just pressing the pedal, I think I was using just my big toe to exert pressure on the pedal, barely moving it!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:50:34 PM +0100 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 02:35:34 PM +0100 »

Replay: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t0i9p7ftdbddaqa/gt2_portugal_something?dl=0
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com