The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 23, 2024, 08:13:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2GT2 Donington Park: October 19, 2016
October 19, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0100 - Donington Park (GP) - UKAC Season 2 GT2 Challenge Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Maikel K.

Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 1 1:27.949
---
1 35:50.629
---
24 1:28.459
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 2 +0.365
---
2 +22.674
---
24 1:28.831
---
Dunlop  
nfsw55

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 4 +0.835
---
3 +40.198
---
24 1:29.712
---
Dunlop  
garyjpaterson

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 6 +1.341
---
4 +51.575
---
24 1:29.923
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 8 +1.465
---
5 +52.036
---
24 1:30.081
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 7 +1.455
---
6 +53.965
---
24 1:30.457
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 9 +2.134
---
7 +56.701
---
24 1:30.401
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 5 +1.221
---
8 +57.022
---
24 1:29.928
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 10 +2.551
---
9 +1:53.068
---
24 1:32.126
---
Michelin  
keikojoe

Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 3 +0.760
---
10 +17L
---
7 1:29.007
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Jeffrey

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} ---
---
Dunlop  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 GT2 Challenge Cup - Donington Park - Oct 19  (Read 7960 times)
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 09:59:34 PM +0100 »

I had a good quali getting in the 27's. I was hoping for a bit of a battle with a few other cars in the race, but seeing 5 cars going wide in T1 I knew that wasn't really going to happen then.
A few minor mistakes but nothing out of the ordinary.

Don't know what everyone has against those poor mediums, I like them  Cool
They last almost the entire race instead of half like the softs.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 10:19:44 PM +0100 »

Well, what an amazing race. I am officially crap at qualifying but then again, apart from Monaco, I always have been so qualified 9th out of 10. Made another amazing start and by the exit of turn 1 found myself in 3rd. Had an epic battle for many laps chasing Mark E in his Corvette and was actually fighting for second. However, like Hockenheim, the German Panzer tanks closed in and lost a couple of places to Simon and Gary. Gary then made a mistake and I had an awesome race chasing him for many laps but I then ran wide on the exit of old hairpin and dropped to 7. Closed back up on the three in front but couldn't get past and then had a great last lap battle holding back Mark J.

So started 9th,now as fighting for 2nd and finished 9th. I think at some point during the race, I actually raced everyone lol

Michael Boylan

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 10:22:36 PM +0100 »

the car just understeered across the full width of track onto the left side gravel where I joined at least 3 other cars who I assumed did the same  Embarrassed Shocked. Not sure if I or anyone else had contact
Nope, no understeer here, just got pushed off the track by another car. From there it was just a case of trying to get 2nd back and Maikel was too far up the road by the time that happened to have a fight with my slightly nobbled car and worn out softs.

Good win Maikel. I was looking forward to trying to give you a hard time, but I suspect even if I had got away in second you would have been too quick over the whole race.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:35:50 PM +0100 by Simon Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 10:25:02 PM +0100 »

Had a difficult Qualifying with P4 and a really bad race start, got a big hit from behind in turn 1 and found myself back in the gravel trap. Rejoined the race in last position and with damage to the back and the right side. After that I fought my way back to P3 and had some nice battles for positions with Mark and Michael.
Therefore it was still a nice race, congratulations to Maikel and Simon, very good pace from both of you.
garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 08:27:41 AM +0100 »

I must admit, I'm struggling to remember the details of who and when I was with on track, but it was a fun and tense race throughout - if not a bit scruffy on my part.

A little disappointed with quali, as I just couldn't improve on my race fuel runs on the soft tyre, so started a bit lower than I was hoping at P6.

Race start was average - All I wanted to do was make sure I made no contact! I succeeded with that at least on Lap 1, and as I'd predicted the run down the hill was a bit lairy with everyone so close!

After Lap 1 i was in P4! But I felt quicker than the two ahead but was struggling to get passed either Boylan or Ekins. Then Simon caught up and I'd contemplated letting him passed since I knew he was definitely quicker than me - but no longer had I thought that had he passed me anyway.

I made a bit of a mistake soon after by trying to stay close and ended up tagging him at the last hairpin and off he went. I decided it was only fair to give the place back - which I did that lap. When Simon caught and passed Boylan and Ekins, I managed to aswell! The plan worked Cheesy

Then just as I was thinking to myself on about lap 12 that I might be in for another podium, I went scooting accross the grass into the barrier just passed the old hairpin!  Shocked Felt so stupid, but managed to only lose 1 place (to Nfsw55).

After that the car was utter bollocks to keep on track! It was my own fault, but I made it bloody hard for myself for the second half  laugh

I then had Boylan and Ekins really putting me under pressure, sorry for any unpredictable lines - I really was struggling to keep it on track. I had no front downforce, and was understeering on every corner - the fast ones and even the slow hairpins. Was a hard fight, and made a couple of touches trying to keep my position, and on the last lap I had Peter on my bumper too!

I'd have liked to have not binned it and kept my 3rd position, but it was definitely much more interesting and exciting race for me because of it!

On to Zandvoort for the finale!  Grin Can't wait.

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2016, 08:38:29 AM +0100 »

Oh, by the way, congratulations Maikel!  Grin You've mathematically won the Championship  Tongue

And I've managed to get up to 5th in the standings (I know, plenty of faster drivers have dropped out or only completeed some of the races... but still  Grin) If I can keep 5th I'll be very very happy, though its close with 3 other drivers within 10 points of me.

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2016, 09:02:43 AM +0100 »

If keikojoe could fill in his profile driver details including nationality he will get a little flag in the results after his name.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2016, 09:31:18 AM +0100 »

I guess you are celebrating your 2nd place in the champ Pete, but why am I left on the list?
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2016, 09:32:46 AM +0100 »

I guess you are celebrating your 2nd place in the champ Pete
It's only temporary. I'm gunning for you Pete!

but why am I left on the list?
To annoy the hell out of you.  Kiss

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2016, 10:24:15 AM +0100 »

I'll take you out for the final round Jeff, was hoping you might change your mind.

If the racing is anything last night it'll be out of my hands if I can keep 2nd place anyway. Seems I have a target on my car, again I got hit from behind at the first corner and then one of those who fell off ahead of me took 2 laps to catch up and decided my car was a good way to slow his down.

Pretty disillusioned with some of the driving standards recently. One car I followed for a while went wide at the old hairpin lap after lap, possibly the only way he could keep his chaser from passing (not me). I saw a car completely cock up his braking and get sideways, get on the grass and then hit the car in front to gain position, which they kept.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2016, 10:30:39 AM +0100 »

Well if I was in charge I would have already banned one of the drivers for his consistently awful driving standards, but as moderation doesn't seem to happen anymore, what's the point in even reporting anything?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2016, 10:46:24 AM +0100 »

Well if I was in charge I would have already banned one of the drivers for his consistently awful driving standards, but as moderation doesn't seem to happen anymore, what's the point in even reporting anything?

I could do moderation for this series, as I have no part anyway. I only forgot how everything works, and I'll need to reinstall the game :p
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2016, 11:45:24 AM +0100 »

Replay ( Incl. Quali ) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuwcz2qo9ks2zer/ferrari_458_gt2%40doningtonpark-gp_20161019221507?dl=0

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2016, 12:38:36 PM +0100 »

I didn't see any contacts last night and if nobody reports one how the heck are we supposed to know about or moderate it? So only got yourselves to blame if repeated contacts are going un-checked.
However it would help greatly if someone can act as moderator as I'm just too snowed under at the moment.

Jeff, why did you uninstall AC? Seems a bit drastic for a downshift glitch  Undecided

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2016, 12:43:43 PM +0100 »

I guess I just don't get on with this track. Time wise I was happy with my qually time but ended up near the back. But pretty much for the first half of the race it was like id forgotten how to drive, where to brake and the car felt quite twitchy and nervous at times. Can only think it was after doing plenty of lonely laps you find yourself scared of what everyone else is going to do!

So after the best first corner ever where I go from 7th? to 2nd I realised i had no confidence at all and wasn't going to really fight anyone as they came through. However i ended up messing up the hairpin and letting 3 or 4 through. I was having to brake quite early and still could only just make the corner, didn't help with people braking later and loking up the inside!

Managed to recover and see Mark behind me but i managed to settle down a bit. Seems to remember racing Michael and Gary a bit who seemed to be driving the RallyX config by avoiding the tarmac on the exit of the old hairpin. I do remember towards the end Gary was coming back through and i had Pete behind me but thought i could manage it until a rather ambitious move at the hairpin let Gary and Pete through.

The track really wasn't good for me as i never really felt comfortable with little grip hurting me in the slow corners and the faster ones! Hopefully the next track will be better!

It has been noticeable the increasing comments about driving standards from all events here.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com