by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 11:45:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GT Legends and windoze 10.  (Read 351 times)
Mike1158

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2020, 05:59:07 PM +0100 »

G'day folks,

It's been a while since I have had active sims on my pc because life throws all kinds of stuff our way basically, however, I remember a mod to allow GTL to run on windoze 10 but cannot find the thing or a link, apart from the useless steam thing, does anyone know where I can get hold of this mod?

I am hoping that despite being an ol' git now I might still have a few hours of fun out the sims I have, grateful for any pointers.

Thanks folks, stay well out there in lala land
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 06:11:20 PM +0100 »

G'day folks,

It's been a while since I have had active sims on my pc because life throws all kinds of stuff our way basically, however, I remember a mod to allow GTL to run on windoze 10 but cannot find the thing or a link, apart from the useless steam thing, does anyone know where I can get hold of this mod?

I am hoping that despite being an ol' git now I might still have a few hours of fun out the sims I have, grateful for any pointers.

Thanks folks, stay well out there in lala land
Hi Mike and welcome to Simracing.org.uk and UKGTL in particular.

Unfortunately I cannot assist you with your search for the mod you seek. However there are others here who probably do know of it and can give you more details. Why the downer on Steam? If you still have your online code I think they will let you have GTL for free (google it). Do not use a GTL disk to install GTL on your system as it will cause some serious issue's.

Best wishes

WT

EDIT: just found this https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-install-gt-legends-in-2019.174310/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 06:12:52 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 06:13:43 PM +0100 »

Yes, Steam allows you to enter your cd key. And then you can play the game. If its not running - try admin rights and compatability mode.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Mike1158

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 08:03:30 PM +0100 »

Thanks folks, trying to avoid the link as it is a paid service but I may have no choice in the end.  I did find a 2020 demo for GPL which has made my day so far so good.  (http://www.gplworld.de/en/grand-prix-legends/gpl-2020-demo).
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 08:47:55 PM +0100 »

Thanks folks, trying to avoid the link as it is a paid service but I may have no choice in the end.  I did find a 2020 demo for GPL which has made my day so far so good.  (http://www.gplworld.de/en/grand-prix-legends/gpl-2020-demo).
Race Department isn't a pay for site, honest.

You probably saw the Premium service banner, but you can just register on the site for free and get all the downloads.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 08:49:44 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 09:37:26 PM +0100 »

Thanks folks, trying to avoid the link as it is a paid service but I may have no choice in the end.  I did find a 2020 demo for GPL which has made my day so far so good.  (http://www.gplworld.de/en/grand-prix-legends/gpl-2020-demo).

If you are keen on GPL  Roll Eyes
I believe that it is possible to expand the demo to the full Monty. take a look here   http://www.gpllinks.org/ then you can join in the mayhem and carnage at UKGPL.....simples  Grin . If that does not work, the CD was available for about £5 when I last looked?
Or, it might be worth knowing that once that GPL is installed upon your hard drive, you no longer need the CD and it can be downloaded onto a memory stick and transferred to your laptop or other computer...………….just saying  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 10:16:13 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Mike1158

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 10:05:03 AM +0100 »

I found the problem, the page would not scroll down so essentially I could not get to the point of creating an account, a perfectly legitimate requirement.  I have an interest in all sorts of racing and have on my desktop, CMR2, also from way back when.  In my very humble opinion, variety is the spice of life and I intend to make the most of every minute I have left, Carpe diem.

Stay well folks, thanks for the replies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com