The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 11:29:41 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3MS Slovakia Ring: November 20, 2016
November 20, 2016, 09:33:49 PM +0000 - Slovakia Ring (4 Clockwise) - RRE Season 3 (2016) Masters Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Chunky

Chevrolet Corvette C6-R GT2 GT2 1 1:56.716
---
1 41:01.090
---
20 0 1:57.722
---
Michelin  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 GT2 GT2 2 +0.021
---
2 +1.944
---
20 0 1:56.973
---
Dunlop  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M3 GT2 GT2 7 +5.210
---
3 +1:41.133
---
20 0 2:01.495
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Cadillac CTS-V.R GT2 6 +3.784
---
4 +1:41.523
---
20 0 2:01.005
---
Pirelli  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R GT2 GT2 5 +2.992
---
5 +1L
---
19 0 2:01.153
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Ruf RT12R GT2 4 +1.789
---
6 +7L
---
13 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M3 GT2 GT2 3 +0.768
---
7 +6L
---
14 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT2
1:56.716
---
Chunky
Qualifying
Chevrolet Corvette C6-R GT2November 20, 2016, 09:33:49 PM +0000
E3MS
Race Room Experience
GT2
1:56.973
---
goldtop
Race
BMW M3 GT2November 20, 2016, 09:33:49 PM +0000
E3MS
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room Masters Series - Slovakia Ring - Nov 20  (Read 3051 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:36:48 PM +0100 »

Raceroom Masters Series Round 11

Practice: 20:00 GMT (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 40 Mins

Cars allowed: GTR2
Track: Slovakia Ring
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon
Weather: Dry
Start: Manual Rolling (see notes)
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Password: see above
Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 07:26:22 PM +0000 »

Tough track this in any car. BMW feels nice here tho did i drop the gears a notch for our last race? Hitting the limiter down the the straight!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 11:27:13 AM +0000 »

The recent update brought the possibility to have punctures as tyre wear increases which is a bit of a worry because I've not had a chance to test it. The only way to disable this is to either set tyre wear off or mechanical damage off (I think) on the server.

Personally I think the way it has been introduced is halfarsed  Roll Eyes I don't want to disable mechanical damage/tyre wear but I don't want our races to be ruined by silly random punctures. I'm going to leave it all set as usual for now but we'll have to see how it goes.

I need to get some practice in.

Chris Tarboton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 05:53:45 PM +0000 »

I wont be making this race, as much as I want to guys. I have had a full weekend and with it being 22h00 here at race start with an early start for me tomorrow morning, I am already bushed .  Which annoys me after testing these cars somewhat but there you go.  I hope I can join you guys again next week though.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 09:46:07 PM +0000 »

I wont be making this race, as much as I want to guys. I have had a full weekend and with it being 22h00 here at race start with an early start for me tomorrow morning, I am already bushed .  Which annoys me after testing these cars somewhat but there you go.  I hope I can join you guys again next week though.

Hope to see you soon Chris  thumbup1

Well once again that was a thrilling race. Was able to keep up with John for a while and even had a couple of half chances but couldn't make them count. Great racing John  Cool

Not sure what happened at the start  Huh Eck went off like a scalded cat on the formation lap (thinking it was Thursday  Wink) but then went to the back of the feld.......no need to do that mate, just regain your place is enough. Not sure what happened to Spanner. I thought you'd disconnected at the start as you weren't on my HUD but then you turned up in 3rd place  Huh

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 12:17:19 PM +0000 »

Not sure what happened at the start  Huh Eck went off like a scalded cat on the formation lap (thinking it was Thursday  Wink) but then went to the back of the feld.......no need to do that mate, just regain your place is enough. Not sure what happened to Spanner. I thought you'd disconnected at the start as you weren't on my HUD but then you turned up in 3rd place  Huh

Well firstly, overwhelmed at getting the game to work for the first time since the update/s (had to uninstall, reinstall. after getting rid of the 503's, I started getting error messages for the game istelf. verifying integrity, found nothing wrong) Alright, it was a rush of blood...
When I went back looking for Spanner, so as start behind him, he wasn't there. I could see an arrow on the map but it was doing a different track to us. I decided to go with it and felt like Moses to start with, as all seemed to just go off track. Through the race, my train of thought found the track Spanner had been doing on the first lap. I had to leave, just to catch up with myself... miles away.

The only other memory of Spanner, when he got to me, his bonnet was well messed up. When did that happen, Mark?.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 12:36:19 PM +0000 »

Nothing happened to me??? I was there!

I start the pace lap, staying behind GT seeing a huge gap behind me. but after you all closed back up I was obvious when Apex decided to drive through me and take up my position that clearly something was up.

The timings were completely screwed as well, I think it showed me at the back time wise  but the gaps weren't making sense. So after trying to elbow back my position on the pace lap clearly I was invisible and the timings where screwed, so I thought, sod it, maybe crossing the S/F would help register things so drove past you all by about 10secs crossed the line and parked it after the first corner and waited to roughly rejoin in the pack. however again ti was clear as Dieter tried to drive through me through the second corner that it still wasn't right, everytime having to rejoin from the gravel!

So I just decided to keep my head down, focus and drive as I was pretty annoyed! So I wasn't entirely sure if people saw me as I worked back up the order, not getting too close to people to try it out. After a few laps anyway I think the timings looked ok, but I still didn't know if people could see me as people seemed to be falling off without my help. I was just focused on getting my rightful place back, It took a while to chase down Eck who then just gave up and let me past! I wasn't going to get any further, GT was too far ahead so my steam had run out so was actually just going to quit out anyway knowing that was as good as I could do. I'd lost all desire to get to the end 40mins felt too long. So was probably going to hang around defending from Eck, but then he quit out.

Yes I had a lot of hits in total but I had no damage, clearly the game wasn't registering them for other people!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 01:36:58 PM +0000 »

however again ti was clear as Dieter tried to drive through me through the second corner that it still wasn't right, everytime having to rejoin from the gravel!

Oops, sorry about that, but no I did not see you at all on the track at this point. Same thing happened to me once, and yes it's annoying! Strangely though I did see you a few laps later when I let you past. Weird..

Good race with Larry and SRW again for me. Shame Larry went off, but otherwise good fun. Congrats podium.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 07:37:11 PM +0000 »

I've added our disappearing problems to the list over at the Sector3 forums.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 11:02:28 PM +0000 »

that was an exciting race, I really like the Slovakia Ring. I managed to get an hour practice during the week and was a bit closer to the pace last night and had a close fight with Dieter for most of the race. We seemed to be faster than each other at certain parts of the track so it got quite tense at times.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com