The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 09:16:37 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3NSU Nuerburgring: November 17, 2016
November 17, 2016, 09:05:47 PM +0000 - Nürburgring (GP) - RRE Season 3 (2016) NSU Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 1 1:48.553
---
1 31:14.468
---
17 0 1:48.840
---
Dunlop  
Chris Tarboton

NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 3 +0.541
---
2 +4.326
---
17 0 1:49.344
---
Dunlop  
picnic
 Team Shark
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 4 +0.753
---
3 +15.826
---
17 0 1:49.694
---
Dunlop  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 2 +0.106
---
4 +28.103
---
17 0 1:48.409
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
NSU Prinz TTS {unknown} 5 +1.850
---
5 +2L
---
15 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room NSU Cup - Nuerburgring - Nov 17  (Read 4600 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2016, 09:18:44 AM +0000 »

Great racing last night  Cool Our new member Kit was quick and clean and showed no signs of lag or any other issues......a real pleasure racing with you sir!

Got off to a bad start and lost places and took me until mid race to recover. Had some great battles along the way and looked like there was a lot of close racing behind too.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2016, 09:58:34 AM +0000 »

Shame you gave up Tony, seemed to work first time every time for me but I know Chris had an error the 1st time he tried.

At the start of the race Spanner moaned I blinked in and out so I dropped to the back to save any silly accidents that might cause. I then saw Spanner and Chris do likewise once or twice although bizarrely the cars further up the road didn't. I was downloading some scenery for my flight sim at the time, not that clever, but it was at worst only using 10% of my bandwidth. RRE issue or me downloading, guess we'll see at future races.

Having dropped to the back I chased after Spanner and keeping up wasn't easy but he never quite got away. Then a few small errors and I was on his tail. We had a couple of epic battles where we were side by side for several corners. Frex then had his own issues and dropped back in to our little fight. That gave me the chance to make a break, aided by seeing Spanner in the rear view mirror on 2 wheels for what seemed like 10 seconds  Cool I thought Russ Swift had come to race  Grin

Good first race Chris Smiley Well done everyone who persevered with RRE's errors and got on the server.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2016, 10:14:43 AM +0000 »

Wow, I've had a bit of an epiphany with RRE.. Read this in yesterday's patch notes:

Fixed the excessive damage when using H-Box shifting with manual clutch

Now I'm not sure if they just mean they have fixed a bug introduced with Tuesday's mega update, or whether this is just a continuation of ongoing work, but anyway decided to test H-shift and manual clutch again and for the first time (for me) it works properly without breaking the transmission. And even better than that, in checking my pedal setup I realised that I've somehow had my brake pedal set like an on/off switch.. Not sure why, or how long it's been like that, but messing with deadzones and sensitivity has transformed my feel for the car, and I can now properly modulate the brake pedal - RRE is great again!

As for the race, I too had some fun moments, but my improvements did not stop me driving GT off the road at the last corner I think (sorry), and also had a clumsy coming together with Chris at T1 (sorry again). So we also tested the new collision physics where cars go non-solid after going off-track - I was bracing for a big accident, but.. ..nothing!

Anyway, great fun; congrats podium.

Chris Tarboton

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2016, 11:20:36 AM +0000 »

That was a fun race guys, many thanks.

Apologies for the confusion at T1 there Frex, I had lost sight of you and thought I had left enough room for you only to see you bounce off me and go off track which put paid to our great little dice we were having. You would have overtaken me and left me on that lap I thought so it saved me somewhat.  Morris slowed down to titillate me I think but I could not catch him.

Our internet over here is not quite to the standard of your chaps so I hope I did not cause any issues for anybody.  I am on a fast package but one never knows and we also had a storm at the time of the race so I was a bit concerned.

Anyway, thanks for the fun.  I hope to catch you guys again on Sunday and I see you still race GTL which I have never raced so look forward to that too.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2016, 01:21:06 PM +0000 »

I see you still race GTL which I have never raced so look forward to that too.
Let me know if you need any help with that. Our current Season 16 is coming to an end (no reason why you cannot join us tho). Details of out forthcoming Season 17 can be found by clicking this https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=534&theme=5

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 01:29:40 PM +0000 »

As for the race, I too had some fun moments, but my improvements did not stop me driving GT off the road at the last corner I think (sorry),

Nah, I did that all by myself trying to get a quick exit from last turn but I just ran wide.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com