The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 09:26:54 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Riverside: November 02, 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Porsche RSR's at Riverside - Nov 2  (Read 8603 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 08:23:42 PM +0000 »

Not heard from our man Pete for a while. Hopefully he can put the server up  Smiley

Optional skin pack added to first post. I collected some tasty historic skins together.  Cool Just extract to your content/cars/RSR skins folder.
Bagsy the Jägermeister car  drool

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 09:46:29 PM +0000 »

Sorry drivers only just seen this topic as I've been away in Cornwall for a long weekend. Just got back and now downloading the track.....

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 10:14:40 PM +0000 »

And server is up

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 10:46:36 PM +0000 »

I'm really quite upset to be missing this one!
Stop doing such good races while I'm away Mark!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 11:01:28 PM +0000 »

Sorry FMG, we are missing you too  Smiley when are you back? Always good to have another enthusiastic racer.

garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 09:15:12 AM +0000 »

Did some laps yesterday - really surprised at how much I like both the track and car!

Besides not managing to keep it on the track under braking, I really enjoy the flow of the track and the way the car handles. Really struggled to get a clean lap in though, only scraped into the 57's, though my delta had shown a 56 was possible if I hold it all together... miles off the pace  Shocked

Think it'll still be a lot of fun, I'm not expecting to be in any way competitive but i'll be grinning anyway!

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 10:00:48 AM +0000 »

Got me the season pass yesterday and did some offline laps. The best version of the RSR yet.Feels like i am back in GT Legends, but then version 2.0 Tongue

I was in the .57 bracket too, so at least you will have people to race against. And maybe some of the fast guys want to share some bits of their setup knowledge..?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 10:03:07 AM +0000 »

Should be good, only problem is I'm very very inconsistent - its just braking, I keep losing the rear unexpectedly. I think I just need some practice, the stock setup feels nice to me.

Also this is one of the few cars in AC that has brake temps, so the brakes will be cold and useless on lap 1 (beware!).

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 10:35:18 AM +0000 »

If your losing the back end too often it sounds like your lifting off the throttle mid corners, a big no no in a rear engined 911. You need to control your steering via throttle inputs as these cars have exaggerated lift off oversteer, so slight lifts are good god getting the nose tucked in nicely. Do all your braking in a straight line, enter the corner slower then power out through the apex using all that rear traction goodness  Smiley

All my old school 911 experience And i will still get beaten by the aliens  laugh

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 10:49:23 AM +0000 »

I was in the .57 bracket too, so at least you will have people to race against. And maybe some of the fast guys want to share some bits of their setup knowledge..?

I used a setup from the setupmarket without any tweaks, not the one from Mathieu, but the otter one, can't remember the name, but there were 2 when I checked. I won't upload it to stracker, as I use the setupmarket a lot, so giving them a download and maybe a vote could  be a boost for the makers to keep uploading, which will benefit us all and I don't want to take credit for the setup Smiley.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 10:57:02 AM +0000 »

Sorry FMG, we are missing you too  Smiley when are you back? Always good to have another enthusiastic racer.

Early December, although I may need a week or so until I manage a 'late night' race with you guys. I think 9pm UK time will be the equivalent of around 6am here!

I'll be back here for another 3 months sometime around march next year too.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 03:59:55 PM +0000 »

Just did some laps online, so people who are in the high 50's can use the telemetry to see where they are losing. I think it's mostly braking into turn 8.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2016, 07:03:13 PM +0000 »

Wow nice time Jeff  Shocked hoping to jump on the server this eve for some laps  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2016, 09:48:43 PM +0000 »

Phew, got down to low 1:55's once I got into more of a rhythm.  Smiley I think this is one of those tracks where more laps the better to find the best ways to attack each corner, especially in a vintage race car.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 10:47:12 AM +0000 »

Race day folks  Smiley hope we get a decent turn out as its a fun combination once you get the hang of the cars handling.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com