The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 02:18:23 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Riverside: November 02, 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Porsche RSR's at Riverside - Nov 2  (Read 8597 times)
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2016, 12:43:33 PM +0000 »

If my pedals arrive in time and i have actually time to race tonight, i will join this race! sounds fun

Denis Marquardt
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2016, 02:27:23 PM +0000 »

Some of the history behind this track:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverside_International_Raceway

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 05:16:49 PM +0000 »

Just to get this straight, you have to book or else you won't get in?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 05:22:59 PM +0000 »

Correct Jeff, server will require you to book in after 7:15 UK time

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 05:30:00 PM +0000 »

Correct Jeff, server will require you to book in after 7:15 UK time

Can't we just set a pw, that way people can join during qually?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 05:33:04 PM +0000 »

Can't we just set a pw, that way people can join during qually?
I guess we could for this event as we're only using 1 car type, everyone would just have to use the skin the server allocated to them. Bit late to suggest this now though.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2016, 05:46:46 PM +0000 »

I guess we could for this event as we're only using 1 car type, everyone would just have to use the skin the server allocated to them. Bit late to suggest this now though.

I think we can only benefit from it, or people really want a certain skin, but IMo that doesn't outweight possible late joiners.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2016, 07:09:49 PM +0000 »

Must admit I thought about this today and meant to post on here to ask if we could avoid the booking system but work got in the way  Sad tbh I don't really think we should use that anymore, surely we could just boot any random wrecker that turned up? Normally we will use the driver file but not so useful for fun races/ one offs.
What is the ' minorator abc ' software/app I've heard of for servers?

Don't know if it's instantly do able Pete but I'd be happy for it to be password accessible tonight using the race pw I had already set. That way late johnnies can join too  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:11:48 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2016, 07:12:26 PM +0000 »

Mark, if you can let me know the tyre make I will add it to the results table. I'm presuming all the cars are running the same brand?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2016, 07:21:35 PM +0000 »

Server started with 60 mins practice/15 qual. Password as above, no need to book just join as and when you're ready.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 07:33:23 PM +0000 by picnic » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2016, 07:25:38 PM +0000 »

Top man Pete, should put that announcement in big bold letters!  Smiley

Tony, I'll have to check the tyre brand in game and let you know, think I saw Dunlop?

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2016, 07:34:25 PM +0000 »

What is the ' minorator abc ' software/app I've heard of for servers?

If servers have minorating then you will be rated by how clean you drive, km driven without contact. There is ABCNW ratings if I'm right, AB is just a fair driver (compareable to what we have here, good clean racing), C usually means still a noob, W is a wrecker and usually doesn't get into any minorating servers and N is for those who just start out. So if you have never driven on a minorated server you're still an N. Few clean laps and you're a C. But I think the system only really works if you only allow A and B rated drivers, I've raced on servers which allow ABC ratings and the driving was terrible, only a few good ones up front and a lot of terrible players in C  Grin

So if you want to put minorating into the servers limit in to AB only but then everybody needs to be atleast a B already  Cool

http://www.minorating.com/ ( should've just put up the link, could've saved my some typing  Grin )
garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2016, 09:07:28 PM +0000 »

Ah well, that was fun while it lasted  Tongue

Made a decent start (fromt 4th) but realised my ping was SUPER high, like over 1000 - so for the decency of the others I pulled to the side and cruised round miles back.

After the first lap my ping came back down to a sensible level and I began racing again. It wasn't long before I was passing those who'd spun every other lap - I wasn't quick, but I was keeping it on the track!  laugh

I eventually got up to 3rd by maybe lap 7, then up to 2nd! Then around lap 11 or so Maikel in 1st pitted! I was then in the lead  Shocked!

But alas, by gearbox broke, it wouldn't select any gears  :'( My own fault, I wasn't clutching on downshifts half the time, and it took its toll.
Anyway, I'm proud to say I (briefly) lead a race of 70's 911's  Grin

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2016, 09:25:47 PM +0000 »

Well then...that went kinda different  Roll Eyes.

Decided to start from the back and had same start as the guys infront, so nothing gained from that. Then I saw Gary go off (hindsight ping) and at some point Pete slowed right down, so I tried to go on his left, be he came back to the left and we touched. I was barely able to hold it, but he spun and collected the wall.

Then had some fun laps behind people, trying to find a sensible place to pass. I loved turn 8 for that, get the car on the inside while turning and braking.

When chasing Maikel in 1st, I ever so gently brushed the wall at the final corner. In real life the paint would have hardly been damaged, but here I lost around a second a lap  Lips Sealed.
When I got in the lead, I think Maikel pitted, so halfway through the race, I decided to pit as well, as I saw he didn't lose that much. I selected all repair options...stopped at the box...and saw the bar go down sloooooooowly. Think I stood there for 2 minutes or so  Undecided.

Atleast the car was a bit better after that, as I wanted to get into the 52's for the race.

I think just about everybody lead a lap at some point  Grin.

Grats Simon, pole and a win  Wink
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2016, 09:27:19 PM +0000 »

Gotta say that was hilarious. I had a grin on my face most of the way through that, despite my 2nd lap noob error going splat slowly into the wall at the first tight right hander and spinning off every 2 or 3 laps. Pole position wasnt worth having tbh cause Maikel was positioned level with me on the grid...WTF and he got away like a rocket ship. Was 3-4 seconds down the road after lap 1 as I took it super cautious. Still it came back to me in the end as the final laps I kept catching Stefan then falling off then catching him again, passing, falling off, catching him again, passing, falling off, until with 2 laps to go I got past for the final time and decided that I really should have be sensible on the last lap and not try to go too fast.

I didn't like the track, but the cars are quite good fun. Looked beautifully made, but the layout is well a bit on the silly side. Not sure whether that was good racing or not cause it was basically last man standing.

Still grinning mind you.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com