The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 01:14:48 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Riverside: November 02, 2016
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Porsche RSR's at Riverside - Nov 2  (Read 8596 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2016, 05:16:15 PM +0000 »

Any chance of posting up next weeks a earlier? Plans have changed and i'm around this weekend.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2016, 05:23:48 PM +0000 »

Okay will post something up this eve when home to try a couple of things out but my intention was to use the Cayman gt4's at Nurburgring GP or Silverstone.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2016, 06:03:26 PM +0000 »

Now to me thats appealing!

I guess Porsche didnt want to have there cars directly compared against other manufacturers.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2016, 09:38:44 PM +0000 »

Okay will post something up this eve when home to try a couple of things out but my intention was to use the Cayman gt4's at Nurburgring GP or Silverstone.

yes yes yes!
you could throw in the maserati gt4 too.. from what i saw these cars are fairly balanced to each other Wink

will the race be at a wednesday again?

btw, my v2 pedals just arrive and i love em already, even though i have to get used to them quite a lot Cheesy its definitely a whole different world compared to my thrustmaster pedals.

Denis Marquardt
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2016, 04:10:11 PM +0000 »

Thought i'd read comments that they were a few secs apart.

Yes we race on wednesday nights

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2016, 04:16:56 PM +0000 »

well i might be wrong then.. i havent checked for myself so far, it was just what a friend of me told me after he tested both cars at nurburgring gp.

great, i try to participate next wednesday then Smiley

Denis Marquardt
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2016, 04:23:52 PM +0000 »

I dont think the car is a true GT4 though, Porsche just using as a model name to highlight their hardcore road variant in the same vein as the GT2, GT3 and now for the Cayman, the GT4.

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2016, 12:57:35 AM +0000 »

I dont think the car is a true GT4 though, Porsche just using as a model name to highlight their hardcore road variant in the same vein as the GT2, GT3 and now for the Cayman, the GT4.

You're right, the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport isn't homologated for the GT4 class, but you can upgrade the car into a "Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR" which is then a true and homologated GT4 racecar.
The differences between the normal GT4 clubsport and the Clubsport MR aren't very big though, so the speed difference between those two cars should be fairly small.

Here's a nice data sheet where all the differences are listed:
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwiV342b9JLQAhXH6RQKHVtSCb0QFggmMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.manthey-motors.de%2FManthey-Racing-Broschuere-Porsche-GT4-Clubsport-MR-2016-EN.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEotMG3qFYZBRz2y9Mg5qY_tV55Og&sig2=fhRIS3J2_lkF4QLPIBTvXg&cad=rja

Ingame it actually depends on the track if the Maserati or the Porsche is faster. For example on tracks like Red Bull Ring or Nürburgring GP the Porsche is able to keep up with the Maserati, but on other tracks like Brands Hatch or Barcelona the Maserati is more than a second faster (according to the RSRlivetiming statistics).
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2016, 03:34:42 PM +0000 »

Correctomundo  Smiley. Have seen the 'gt4' part is causing confusion on the Kunos forum too  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com