The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 05:20:11 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Silverstone: November 09, 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Cayman GT4's at Silverstone - Nov 9  (Read 4574 times)
garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 05:58:00 PM +0000 »

Hmm, looks like i wont be able to join the race this evening after all, bit busier than i'd been expecting.
Hope everyone has an entertaining evenings racing though.

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 06:01:44 PM +0000 »

Ill be there.. excited for the race Smiley

what is the password going to be?

Denis Marquardt
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 06:42:09 PM +0000 »

If Mark doesn't update LM2 with the race details I'll leave it with practice password.

Actually MJ's maths needs some work too Wink

Practise: 19:30 (30 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)

I'm intending to start the server at 7:15 as usual, will run 60 mins practice therefore for those able to take advantage of it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:48:30 PM +0000 by picnic » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 07:14:03 PM +0000 »

Oops sorry been a manic week  :'( lm2 updated with password.

Will be on a bit later

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 07:16:31 PM +0000 »

Close finish there MJ Wink Server launched using the race password

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 08:02:49 PM +0000 »

Can't get on the server....  Huh
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 08:44:24 PM +0000 »

Can't get on the server....  Huh
Wish I hadn't!

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 09:29:34 PM +0000 »

thanks for the nice race, guys.. especially to nsfw and Simon!
what a finish that was.

I smiled as i saw you guys started battling against each other and the gap of 4 seconds closed down to only 1 second Cheesy

close call (and sorry for the little bump, Simon)

Mark, what happened to you? I saw we were exactly the same pace, but at one point the gap to you increased a lot?

Denis Marquardt
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 09:37:21 PM +0000 »

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 10:36:31 PM +0000 »

Mark, what happened to you? I saw we were exactly the same pace, but at one point the gap to you increased a lot?

I closed right up on you but your car started warping all over the place for a lap or two and I had to drop right back for fear of hitting your car. Then NSFW appeared out of nowhere and I fought him for a little while but he was quicker. Then a lap later I outbraked myself and lost 5 secs that I was never able to recover against you fast 3 ahead. Could still just about see you all battling ahead  Smiley

Consider I am Porsche nut I really didn't do this event justice. I only had 8 laps practise Monday and they were all stock setup except 2. Then when everyone announced they couldn't make it I didn't bother to do any more laps nor tweak the car further and only turned up at qually tonight. Me bad, but been busy all week.

A full grid of these would be great racing but it was a little sparse tonight on a big track and the race could have been 5 laps shorter.

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 12:59:57 AM +0000 »

That was a nice and fun race, thanks guys.
Decided to skip the Qualifying, started from the back and hoped for some good battles throughout the race.

After a few laps the fun already began as I slowly caught up to Denis in front. I was about one second behind him for several laps, but I wasn't able to set any attack at all or even get closer to his tail. It's very hard to overtake with this car, as nobody has any advantage/disadvantage on the straights or at the corners and the possibilities to tweak the setup are also very limited.
Finally in lap 7 Denis just went a littlebit wide at Copse and I slipped through just before Maggotts.

After that I hunted down Simon at the front of the field and the second series of great battles began.
We went side by side through some corners, I was able to pass him at Becketts but when exiting this corner I had a huge slide and Simon went by again Grin 
Denis closed in again and we nearly had a three-way battle towards the end of the race when I finally took over the lead and opened up a little gap.

I agree with you Mark, a full grid with this car would be awesome, close racing guaranteed Grin  maybe you can organize another race with this car sometime in the future? Tongue
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 07:44:33 AM +0000 »

That was a nice and fun race, thanks guys.

I agree with you Mark, a full grid with this car would be awesome, close racing guaranteed Grin  maybe you can organize another race with this car sometime in the future? Tongue

Uhuh, maybe we could do a bit less laps but with double heats.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 09:16:57 AM +0000 »

Was an enjoyable race. Was not expecting pole as I had done no practice, just the 2 laps on the server before qualifying! After the first 2 laps of the race I thought I might have a fairly quiet run to the chequered flag, but as the race reached 3/4 distance (too long for these cars imho (irrelevant of field size)), my tyres went to mush and I started to struggle everywhere but out of the corners. NFSW easily caught me after his start from the back and I knew he would get past me but still I held him off (for fun) for as long as possible before he'd had enough and shot by into the braking of Luffield. Then Denis was behind and my tyres were just shocking on the last lap I was obviously horribly slow through Maggots or Becketts and caught him out who maybe thought my rear end needed a little bit of re-modelling. ;-) Very decent of him to wait for me then but to be honest I probably didn't deserve that second place.

I found the key to these cars very quickly was DONT OVERDRIVE them, they only worked if you stroked them gently around the place. Throwing them around just caused horribly sliding and loss of corner speed.

Dunno what else you could do to the setup, but probably stiffen the rear more to reduce the understeer I guess. Annoying that you cant change the brake balance in car as mine was stuck on default which i think was too far forward?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 11:45:39 AM +0000 »

Not tried either of these cars but they could provide something different for one off events each...
Porsche 917 Spyder and then the Moby Dick.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 12:22:57 PM +0000 »

Not tried either of these cars but they could provide something different for one off events each...
Porsche 917 Spyder and then the Moby Dick.

The Moby Dick is incredibly awesome and surprisingly "easy" to drive!
gave it a run around the Nordschleife.. good fun

How about a one-off at Road America or so?

Denis Marquardt
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com