The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 12:08:05 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Spa: November 16, 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Porsche 935 at Spa - Nov 16  (Read 6614 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 01:44:48 PM +0000 »

Can you point me to a setup please then? On default the understeer was dire, going through eau rouge was soul destroying. Felt more like a road car. I'm sure i must have been on the stops at one point.

I did notice that the turbo is on around 92 ish % by default. The LEDs didnt go in the red.

I think its a track i know well and typically most cars have similar braking points, except this car.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 02:41:01 PM +0000 »

Can you point me to a setup please then? On default the understeer was dire, going through eau rouge was soul destroying. Felt more like a road car. I'm sure i must have been on the stops at one point.

I did notice that the turbo is on around 92 ish % by default. The LEDs didnt go in the red.

I think its a track i know well and typically most cars have similar braking points, except this car.

I feel like a broken record, but download the app the setupmarket. I get my setups from there and I did the same for this car.

I actually felt the brakes were okay, they aren't great, but I think it is a fairly heavy car and on the main straight I am going over 300kph and it brakes at a quite normal spot.

Ooh not sure Jeff, I assumed it was on max from default but maybe not? It certainly felt reasonably civilised for an old turbo race monster and my time put me head of the leaderboard against the ai hence being baffled by spanners comment  Undecided

Even on max boost it is quite civilised, it's just that your 2:38 seemed a bit too far off pace.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 03:44:36 PM +0000 »

Ha, it probably is well off final pace as I only did 4 laps to see what fuss Spanner was making. I didn't spin or go off track so deemed it perfectly race able. Must mean the Ai are slow in this car as generally they are pretty quick nowadays.  Next time I'll turn the whick up  Wink

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 07:56:47 PM +0000 »

I know Jeff which is why i wanted to know which setup? The one saved for Spa looks like the only thing different is its got wing 1.

Whats worry to me is that when stationary in the pits the rear of the car is slowly rising and falling. And you expect me to beleive its not doing it when driving!

New PB: 5mins 

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 08:30:07 PM +0000 »

I know Jeff which is why i wanted to know which setup? The one saved for Spa looks like the only thing different is its got wing 1.

Whats worry to me is that when stationary in the pits the rear of the car is slowly rising and falling. And you expect me to beleive its not doing it when driving!

New PB: 5mins 

There are 2 setups on there, other one was for Monza,  but that is kinda the same as the spa setup, but that is what I used. Think I only tweaked arb.
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 12:55:55 PM +0000 »

I just took the great white sperm whale out for a spin, but even though I was dreading the car I was surprised by how fun it turned out to be  Shocked

Took a bit of getting used to braking atleast 2x as early as usual, but they are quite easy to slide around in. Starting to look forward to wednesday  Cool
( though racing in these things is probaby gonna be a pain, tyres seem to go on a coffee break after about 7 - 8 laps )

So maybe 2 short 20 minutes races is an idea ?
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 02:02:49 PM +0000 »

Stracker didn't register my fastest lap because I went wide and lost time  Roll Eyes.

Went very extreme on the setup, but will go back to the setup market version, to see if my gained time is due to laps or setup changes.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 02:08:26 PM +0000 »

Big variety of times in stracker  Shocked can see now why you queried the 2:38, maybe I remembered it wrong. Will do some online laps tonight to see where I'm at .

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2016, 08:26:42 AM +0000 »

Yeah, and a lot of traffic on the server. And not all from RRL, so maybe a bit of a full grid for this one  Shocked

I have to agree with Spanner on the default setup. It took me quite some laps to dial it in and needs quite a bit of tweaking. But i am no setup guru, better ask Jeff or Maikel  I Am Not Worthy

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2016, 10:45:59 AM +0000 »

As Jeff said, setups available on the setup market  Tongue

I didn't get a chance to fire it up last night but will be on the server this eve  Smiley

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2016, 12:52:33 PM +0000 »

Some more nice infos on the 935/78...

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/09/911-extreme-93578-moby-dick/

and an even better story on the complete 935 era
http://www.speedhunters.com/2008/09/retrospective_gt_gt_turbo_terrors_the_porsche_935_pt_1/
and
http://www.speedhunters.com/2008/09/retrospective_gt_gt_turbo_terrors_the_porsche_935_pt_2/

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2016, 04:16:06 PM +0000 »

Nice info Stefan  Smiley

In hindsight, this car is probably wasted in a half hour sprint race. It's strength was always brute power and reliability for endurance racing. Would love it if some time in the future we have a stable of group 5 cars that we can create a 70's style endurance at a classic Spa, Le Mans, Watkins Glen etc  Cool

Still, a white whale in the mists of the Ardennes is a good place to get a taster  Tongue

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 10:42:36 PM +0000 »

Wow 23 cars have posted times on stracker  Shocked popular combo  Smiley

I'm loving this car, just wish I'd had more time to get plenty of laps in for practise. Very impressed by some of the laptimes  Shocked  failing to see where I can find another 5 seconds  Huh But there is a fair spread of times so should always be someone to race.

Why is this thread locked?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 07:32:33 AM +0000 »

Why is this thread locked?
According to the moderation log

Locked   Yesterday at 01:49:09 PM   Mark J

I've unlocked it

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2016, 08:06:56 AM +0000 »

So that's why I couldn't reply Tongue.

I am absolutely no setup guru with AC. I was able to make setups in gtr2 and gtl, but in AC it seems to be either more precise or it works differently.
Went back to the setup market setup without changes and I was faster with that than with my tweaks Roll Eyes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com