The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 05:06:15 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Brands Hatch: November 23, 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Brands Hatch Trackday race - Nov 23  (Read 6316 times)
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2016, 12:23:52 AM +0000 »

Its more for non abs cars to stop lockups.

In a real car you can feel the brakes, in ac we cant, unless you use a load cell.

They made it work so if you lower the brake pressure you lower thd effectiveness of the brakes, essentially lengthening your brake time in return you dont flatspot your tyres.

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2016, 08:10:34 PM +0000 »

Anyone else having problems launching the game? Steam tried to download an update but it then failed and now it keeps delaying the update and won't let me launch the game. I keep getting the error "failed download".

Michael Boylan

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2016, 08:30:51 PM +0000 »

Reinstalling game but I doubt I will make the race now Sad Seriously f*%#^<d off as this was the one race I have been looking forward to the most out of all the AC races. I have been practising all week and come race day steam goes haywire. Very very peeped off ggrrrrr

Michael Boylan

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 09:13:38 PM +0000 »

Reinstalling game but I doubt I will make the race now Sad Seriously f*%#^<d off as this was the one race I have been looking forward to the most out of all the AC races. I have been practising all week and come race day steam goes haywire. Very very peeped off ggrrrrr

Holy  censored, that is seriously annoying. MJ actually wondered where you were.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 09:25:51 PM +0000 »

Ah that is a proper kick in the nuts Michael, unlucky mate  :'(  I thought it must be something major for you to miss a lotus race on a uk track  Sad

If it's any consolation a Lotus won and came third, Porsches 2nd and 4th.

Cracking race that, I think I was under pressure from start to finish  Shocked was really hoping to stay 3rd for a home track podium but Ed pressured me for lap after lap and only the Porsche grunt was keeping me just ahead. Then after me warning myself 'keep your eyes on the corners not on Ed in the mirror' - I did just that a lap later at Hawthorns  Roll Eyes braking a tad late and taking a wide line on the outer kerb. Ed was gone up the road in a flash!  I was losing out at Druids to the Lotus every lap because of the 991's long gears but at least I could stretch its legs on the straights, nice dice!
My tyres were worn in last few laps and could see Jeffs ugly Beemer a way back but I brought it home a safe 4th   Grin
Nice to have a fairly equal set of cars to race  Smiley

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 09:45:05 PM +0000 »

It was a great race. Hadn't had much time to practise what will all those new cars coming out.  Grin
Decided to go with the Porsche since the Beemer felt like a tank going through corners.

I was even 1st for like, one lap and then I spun out at T1. Managed to sneak back up to Jeffrey's "colourful" M4.
Had some great battles, nice job defending in that thing  Grin
Finally managed to pass him just to spin out the next lap....again  Shocked
Still got right back up to Jeffrey on the last lap and it was, literally, bumper to bumper over the finish  Cool
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2016, 09:48:58 PM +0000 »

Yeah totally gutted to have missed this race, especially at my home race in a Lotus Sad

Glad a Lotus won though Smiley Hope we run this group of cars again and maybe look at seeing if the Cayman GT4 or any other car is competitive. Sounds like I missed a cracking race Sad

Michael Boylan

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 09:50:03 PM +0000 »

Did anyone save the replay? Would love to see it.

Michael Boylan

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 09:56:06 PM +0000 »

Wow, that was an awesome race.

After Maikel spun(?) while in the lead, the super fast Chris with his Lotus was right on my tail, but I was able to hold him behind the first few laps as I was something like a rolling chicane in the corners but escaped on the straights.

Made a little mistake and Chris was able to slip through but I remained on his tail within 1-2 seconds for most of the laps. Unfortunately I spun out at turn 1 in lap 13 and lost 7 seconds or so.

Didn't expect that the BMW suffered that much from yesterdays patch. but nevertheless great racing with those three very different cars. Not loath to do more races like this in the future.

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 09:58:25 PM +0000 »

One replay coming right up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh11y6500hjiunl/ks_porsche_991_carrera_s%40ks_brands_hatch-gp_20161123220704?dl=0
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 10:00:17 PM +0000 »

Thanks Maikel Smiley

Michael Boylan

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2016, 10:18:01 PM +0000 »

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2016, 10:56:27 PM +0000 »

Well that was fun and annoying at the same time. The tyres really nerfed the BMW hard, and I lost a second a lap. Still sticked with it, as it's still a fun car, but I guess I was the only one that went for the battleship  Roll Eyes. Had good battles with Ed early on and Maikel rest of the race, but I felt like they were just playing with their food, as I never felt I had the speed to really battle them. All I could do was hold them up  Tongue.

These kind of cars always make for some great racing, so I wouldn't mind races like these, just need to find the right mix of cars.

Jeffrey's "colourful" M4.

Yes, out of all the plain skins, I got handed that thing  Grin

Had some great battles, nice job defending in that thing  Grin
Finally managed to pass him just to spin out the next lap....again  Shocked
Still got right back up to Jeffrey on the last lap and it was, literally, bumper to bumper over the finish  Cool

Was quite hard defending as I was afraid to understeer into your side at corner entry and whack you off track corner exit with one of the many drift moments  Grin
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2016, 11:36:12 AM +0000 »

I watched the replay of Jeffery and Maikel and the racing was amazing. Side by side and very clean. Great stuff guys.

Hope we do more races with this car. Silverstone would be fun Smiley

Michael Boylan

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2016, 01:29:19 PM +0000 »

I watched the replay of Jeffery and Maikel and the racing was amazing. Side by side and very clean. Great stuff guys.

Thanks. In the short period Maikel and I have raced against eachother, we already had countless amount of this kind of side by side action, so we know how we act under these circumstances  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com