The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 01:16:14 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3T Mid-Ohio: December 08, 2016
December 08, 2016, 09:06:15 PM +0000 - Mid-Ohio (Full) - RRE Season 3 (2016) Historic Touring
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Chunky

BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 1 1:28.212
---
1 31:17.520
---
21 0 1:28.347
---
Goodyear  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 2 +0.031
---
2 +14.412
---
21 0 1:28.480
---
Goodyear  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 3 +0.160
---
3 +16.129
---
21 0 1:28.307
---
Goodyear  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 4 +1.278
---
4 +28.877
---
21 0 1:28.943
---
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 6 +1.714
---
5 +42.685
---
21 0 1:29.337
---
Goodyear  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 5 +1.342
---
6 +58.360
---
21 0 1:28.980
---
Goodyear  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room Historic Touring - Mid-Ohio - Dec 8  (Read 2815 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2016, 04:17:03 PM +0000 »

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: BMW M1 Procar
Track: Mid-Ohio (Full)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E3H
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:19:09 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 07:39:45 PM +0000 »

Ace car, Ace track.who will come out to play?

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 09:16:43 PM +0000 »

A start with no grid walk, I nearly missed it... It'll be back, next time I race and I'll be gunning the engine, for no reason... lol.

Grats John, Tudor et al.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 09:46:02 PM +0000 »

Good fun  Grin Had some good tussles with Pete and Dieter. These things are worth driving for me
just for the sound  Shocked the handling seems better than it used to be, they still understeer like
barges, but spower slide nicely.

I have out in a =n NSU event next week, after that not sure?
Do people want a race on the 22nd? could be any of the classes, if there is a fave.
WOuld be nice to do a final GT event as the top rwo places are very close
I an off up to Scotland for Chistmas on the 23rd, and won't be back till new year.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 10:00:48 PM +0000 »

Was fun battling at the start. Swapping places as we all had little offs somewhere or other. Sadly I've just been reminded I'll be missing the NSUs next week as I'm in Bath for the rugby.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 06:56:30 AM +0000 »

I still had bad memories from driving this years ago and i see it hasnt changed! Decided to go do something more interesting rather than circulate on my own at the back getting more frustrated.

Was this a one-off i didnt think we were actully racing these in the weekly cycles?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 09:19:52 AM +0000 »

It's not a regular thing don't worry. The "T" series is for touring cars, I just wanted to mix it up a bit.
These may be more GT. but I had so many complaints about the over powered Gr5 monsters
that I felt these fitted better performance wise with the Touring cars.

Not sure what to do next year, we are hardly oversubscribed in the races despite lots of advertising
in forums. I will put events on if people want them, it's not a lot of work for R3E compared to the hours of
testing required for P&G, so I don't mind doing it.

Any thoughts on what series would be preferable? Has to be somewhat "historic" as modern GT cars are well done
Sundays with Tudor's series, and Wednesday with MJ's AC events

The only cars that seem to get group lurve are the NSU, so they will run. Just those alone would get boring I think
I love them for close racing, and it's a quite different discipline from power cars, so can be great fun
but I need something else. Doesn't seem to be much love for the Gr5 and GTO cars, which is a shame
as I  liked the occasional masochism.  Shocked

Thoughts gentlemen please (and ladies if we have any ...)

frex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 10:03:25 AM +0000 »

Fun race last night with Matt and Pete - as said, we all had a turn at the front of our trio, and we all had an off or two. I lay claim to being the only one to have actually rolled his car though..  Grin  Congrats podium.

As for next season, I think we've been through all the historic content in the game now, although I'd be happy to race any or all of the historic groups again, including the Group 5 and GTO cars. I do think the Formula Juniors are quite nice and have a kind of retro FFord simplicity about them, but we will be racing those on some Sundays next season anyway. Can't think of anything else that really interests me from the car list, but happy to try anything if it will be popular with others.

Do people want a race on the 22nd?

I'll be around then if anyone else wants a race.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 10:08:22 AM +0000 »

Had a nice start taking the lead and was just about holding a gap back to John when I hit the kerb at the end of the back straight almost rolling me over  Roll Eyes Lost 10 seconds and any chance of a win. Lucky to keep 2nd as I thought the race had ended with one lap still to go and missed my turn in to T1 hitting the tyres. Well done to John for keeping it together and to Eck for a good chase.

As for next year, I do hope we continue. NSUs are fun and seem to produce good racing. I also like the DTM '92 and the Gr5 cars. The touring classics are also ok as long as track selection prevents the Nissan from dominating. The GTOs just feel a bit strange to me, almost as if they are from another sim but again on the right track they can give occasional fun. I quite like the procar occasionally. Sadly I don't see any more historic cars coming our way in the near future so we're stuck with what we have.

I should be around on 22nd.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 10:52:38 AM +0000 »

I also like the NSU cars and the DTM 92 cars.

I've tried the Formula Junior, and I love it, so either that car or the KTM BOW (a bit more tricky to drive but also good fun) would be my suggestion for next years races.

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 11:00:25 AM +0000 »

I've tried the Formula Junior, and I love it, so either that car or the KTM BOW (a bit more tricky to drive but also good fun) would be my suggestion for next years races.

Stig

See here....

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=581&theme=4

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 11:34:52 AM +0000 »

The high powered cars are easier on a track that suits them.

DTM92s and NSU sound ok to me. Or you go single make and pick one of the Grp 5 or GTO's ??

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 12:40:47 PM +0000 »

Great job through 2016 Matt, Just a shame that the take up for the older cars has been disappointing. Definitely keep the NSU's and perhaps think about more single spec racing using cars from other packs e.g. the Volvo 240 for example.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com