by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 05:53:01 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17BOSS Long Beach: March 27, 2017
March 27, 2017, 08:42:09 PM +0100 - Long Beach (1975-81) - UKGTL Season 17 Mustang Boss 302 Challenge
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Shelby Boss 302 (#16) GTC-TC-76 1 1:35.628
75.582mph
1 39:22.998
73.410mph
24 1:36.643
74.789mph
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Shelby Boss 302 (#14) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.969
74.824mph
2 +35.862
72.312mph
24 1:37.140
74.406mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Boss 302 (#99) GTC-TC-76 4 +1.265
74.596mph
3 +36.681
72.288mph
24 1:37.489
74.140mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Shelby Boss 302 (#15) GTC-TC-76 5 +1.960
74.064mph
4 +54.708
71.749mph
24 1:38.041
73.722mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Shelby Boss 302 (#2) GTC-TC-76 7 +4.774
71.989mph
5 +1:00.617
71.574mph
24 1:39.127
72.915mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Shelby Boss 302 (#302) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.802
74.954mph
6 +1:02.195
71.527mph
24 1:37.122
74.420mph
Goodyear  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Boss 302 (#40) GTC-TC-76 11 +6.343
70.881mph
7 +1:38.976
70.459mph
24 1:40.576
71.864mph
Goodyear  
Roscoe P Coltrane

Shelby Boss 302 (#9) GTC-TC-76 6 +4.764
71.996mph
8 +1L
69.859mph
23 1:39.899
72.351mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Shelby Boss 302 (#70) GTC-TC-76 8 +5.654
71.363mph
9 +24.942
69.135mph
23 1:40.763
71.731mph
Goodyear  
Huggy

Shelby Boss 302 (#100) GTC-TC-76 12 +6.494
70.776mph
10 +43.358
68.609mph
23 1:42.419
70.571mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Boss 302 (#302) GTC-TC-76 10 +6.130
71.029mph
11 +2L 22 1:40.636
71.821mph
unknown
Goodyear  
55steve55
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Boss 302 (#302) GTC-TC-76 9 +5.674
71.349mph
+24L 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 Mustang Boss 302 Challenge - Long Beach - Mar 27  (Read 6531 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 09:52:18 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 10:02:31 PM +0100 »

Had to avoid a slowing car then missed my braking zone. Saw I was going to wipe out the first 4 or 5 front runners so hit the ESC button as quick as I could. Hope it was quick enough guys.
Wow, you almost wiped out Erling.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 11:12:11 PM +0100 »

Ack, not my finest hour today..   Normally go out of my way not to hit the car in front, but still managed to tap Ziu twice, and Clive probably once  Roll Eyes

Kept my 4th place after the start and over the early laps.  Kept pace with the lead group without really being part of it. Soon after the start, Ziu started putting out a massive smokescreen. Gave me huge problems, as I couldn't see my brake points in several places, and thus braked way too early, for fear of overshooting.  Puzzled as to how he damaged his engine, as you can't turn up the rev limit to the best of my knowledge.  Surprised it lasted to the end, given the amounts of smoke.

Clive & Ziu had a coming together at the 1st hairpin, and both Geoffers & I slipped past. Given free reigns, Geoffers was soon gone.  Some laps later, I let Ziu through, when I ran too wide in the final hairpin, and 1½ lap later, I left the door open enough for Clive to slip past. Thus back to 4th and in the damn smokescreen again.

Few laps later, I think I touched Clive ever so gently. May have contributed to him grazing the wall and ultimately spin.  In my assessment at the time, I didn't feel directly responsible, as I concluded he should have recovered from our possible contact when he finally spun.  Probably wrong, as he might not have spun had I not touched his car, so I should have waited.  Apologies for that Clive.

Chased Ziu, catching him in the same place as Clive.  Smokescreen + braking later + tyre wear all conspired to send me on a collision course with his car. Aimed for the inside to avoid him, but when he turned in, I hit him anyway.  No doubt this time, so waited for his recovery, only to hit him again a few laps later, at the final hairpin.  Very sorry about all this Ziu.  2nd time both Clive & Matt slipped past too, dropping me to 5th.

Few laps later, Matt, Clive & Ziu had a threesome in the same place, and I got past the entire bunch before they could recover completely.  Ziu regained 2nd a few laps later, in the now infamous same hairpin.  Had to be extra cautious not to hit him a 3rd time, so didn't get any chances to attempt a pass before the flag.

Grats to Geoffers for the win and some otherworldly laptimes.  Grats to Ziu for 2nd, and apologies again for the taps - and to Clive too of course.

Cheers,
Erling
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 11:54:56 PM +0100 »

Was a fun race, this place is always a hint of masochism, specially with these monsters.

The 3some was a result of an incident which left me facing the wall, so had to let
everyone through when you came up to us.
Probably would not have held off Erling Clive, and Ziu, so didn't make much difference to the result.
and was waited for at a safe place, so no harm done.

I seemed to have more front wear than rear, and Clive had mentioned he was getting a lot of rear wear
which I think was the only reason I was able to keep in range.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2017, 01:06:05 AM +0100 »

Well,I have to be pleased with that result. Qualified down in 11th which was about what I expected and fully expecting to be lapped reasonably quickly but as it was I managed to stay on the lead lap until the flag although Geoffers ever increasing lead implied another lap or two would have found me in his way.

Finally the start fairy was back sitting in the co-pilots seat and I got a great launch, up to 8th by the 1st turn and then 7th due to Steve's disappearing act by T2. Quickly lost touch with the front 6 and found myself on my own when Roscoe spun exiting the final hairpin and then Tony ran on a lap or so later..

Soon though Eifelblitz was on my case and uncomfortably large in my mirrors. I have to learn how to chuck these beasts through the corners, I always managed a great exit onto what ever straight was available but he was over me like a rash at the 1st hint of anything requiring hard braking followed by a left or right turn. I felt a bit guilty for a while as I was obviously holding him up (But not guilty enough to let him through).  Grin Not sure if I would have held on for the full 24 laps and was really sorry to see him suddenly disappear from my mirrors when he discoed on lap 23. Sad Confusion reigned for a few seconds as I searched for him in my mirrors, sure he must be alongside, so much so when I finally looked back in the direction I was going WALL!!!!!!! Panic, brakes. Somehow got it stopped by which time I realised he had gone. now all I had to worry about was that flashing fuel light, finally crossed the line on fumes, never more happy to see the flag.

I still don't like this track, although I don't really like street circuits at all apart from Birmingham (The 1 in the UK), no million dollar yachts just affordable housing and a mosque but it's a great circuit i'd like to see in a series 1 day. (Hint). Smiley

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2017, 06:22:41 AM +0100 »

Threw the towel in,  surrender in all my practice I just couldn't get in a decent flying lap. Last night in 20 minutes I couldn't even complete a lap let alone a flying lap!  Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2017, 09:56:54 AM +0100 »

I sent you a setup Bill when you said you were struggling, but you had left by the time I came back to chat  Sad

Roscoe P Coltrane

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 12:36:29 PM +0100 »

Steve, it was me, who slowed early. For T1. Everytime ive raced here, theres been wrecks at T1,on the opening lap, with cars braking too late or facing the wrong way. So I was cautious, going in. Im really sorry. I meant to start from the back, but lost track of time. I tried to move off the racing line to let cars behind, pass.
   Apart from ruining Steves race at the first turn, it was quite an enjoyable race. I had a couple of spins caused by me accidentally shifting from 4th to 2nd, the 2nd time picking up slight suspension damage and allowing Tony and Huggy to pass, only for them to make mistakes and let me pass again.
  I noticed you guys were using 1st gear for the corners. I used 2nd apart from the hairpins, I had no tyre wear at all and could of done 2-3 races on the same tyres. Iwas struggling, with not being able to use the clutch properly, through the turns. I probably could of saved the spins, with the clutch too.
   It seemed like we only ran 1/2 the race and I noticed Geoffers, was coming up to lap me. I kept seeing his tabbed name coming out of the hairpins and I was hoping, he would catch me on the straight. Its difficult, to move out the way, through the twisty bits and thats were he caught me. I tried going off the track and brushed up against the wall, hope I didnt frighten you too much   Grin  I thought the rest of the pack would be close behind, but he had one massive lead. So, I could relax, for the remaining laps.
   Congrats, to Geoffers  and all for taking part. Thanks guys.

Roscoe/Steve.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 12:37:36 PM +0100 »

Not a great night for me; too many unforced errors early on in the race left me at the back for most of the race. Still had some good racing with Huggy and Roscoe but lost Huggy after he span somewhere behind me and Roscoe was too strong for me to catch after he passed me.

Next one is at Thermalito so start composing your hate mail now  whistling

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2017, 01:36:36 PM +0100 »

Definitely a race of "what might have been" for me.

Grats to Geoffers who took full advantage of the 4 cars behind arguing over the other podium places to scuttle off into the distance. I suspect that some clear air and being able to drive smoothly and carefully contributed to his extending lead, just as I found in my short practice session earlier on Monday. The slower I go, the faster the laptimes!!

Passing was always a case of the car in front making an error to generate the opportunity a little like Monaco. But with these beasts there was always likely to be a few errors and sure enough I got chances to creep back up to 2nd after losing ground at the start. I was hoping to hunt down Geoffers if I could but I just could not escape the fierce battle.....the urge to push hard was compromising fast laptimes!!  Undecided

Erlings "love nudge" was not a heavy knock, but on that particular bend I had the Mustang right on the limit of adhesion and it was enough additional momentum to make the car bounce across and clip the outer barrier. That totally upset the balance and the result was a spin on the down ramp. I'm not complaining Erling, it was just a Racing Incident.....but coincidentally, it occurred just before a bank of red mist descended over Long Beach  Roll Eyes

By the end of the race it was my rear tyres that had vanished and any attempt to use the horsepower resulted in the back axle finding its own scenic route around Longbeach! Matt had issues with his front tyres, whereas mine were fine (ish) and I could still brake and turn in OK. I guess that is down to setups and driving styles?

(Just a note on my impressions of Long Beach to Bill who found this track a challenge. I found that this track punished aggressive driving and I managed a sub 1:36 lap in my short practice session when actually I felt I was cruising through the twisty bits. But by allowing the tyres to offer what grip they had and very gently coaxing the beast through the corners in 2nd gear I think I was carrying more speed? Also early and smooth braking to get a controlled entry to corners, so that you can just brush against the Armco  Roll Eyes, prudent use of the gas pedal to avoid wheelspin out of the hairpins all adds up to time saved)

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 01:39:14 PM +0100 »

It seemed like we only ran 1/2 the race and I noticed Geoffers, was coming up to lap me. I kept seeing his tabbed name coming out of the hairpins and I was hoping, he would catch me on the straight. Its difficult, to move out the way, through the twisty bits and thats were he caught me. I tried going off the track and brushed up against the wall, hope I didnt frighten you too much 

No you were OK Steve, I was quite happy to follow you through the twisty bits & pass you on the straight.

Well that went a lot better than I expected!  Cool  Don't know why I was so much faster than everyone else here, but it did seem to be one of those tracks where slow in/fast out really paid dividends.

Got a good start & was well ahead into the first haipin, I had practiced how much further I could go before braking on the first lap but still overshot the corner  Roll Eyes. Fortunately only lost one place to Ziu, so followed him for a few laps looking for a place where he was slow, but the only place where I seemed appreciably quicker was the final hairpin. I got a good run out of there on one lap & got alongside on the main straight, but being on the inside I was not confident of making it through the first turn flat out so had to lift & Ziu held the lead. Next lap I gave Ziu a slight nudge at the final hairpin, luckily he held the slide & the lead but it allowed Clive to nip through into 2nd.

A couple of laps later Clive & Ziu collided at the first hairpin & I nipped past into the lead with Erling following into 2nd place. I was surprised at being able to pull away from the chasers at over a second a lap, but I guess they were busy battling amongst themselves. Rest of the race was just a case of keeping it pointed the right way, although I nearly messed it up about 3 laps from the end when I got on the power too early at the last hairpin & clouted the wall.  oops

Congrats to Ziu & Erling.  clap clap
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2017, 04:33:22 PM +0100 »

Mostly uneventful race for me.  I tried to keep up early in the race with Mat , but he slowly drove away from me.  I suspect it was because I was using the longest gears trying to save tires for the end.  With the middle ratio I knew I was close to 1 second faster, but spun the tires more in first gear going down the S/F straight.  Thats were he left me in the dust. With about 4 laps left I came upon Clive who had a spinout.  Motored past him and managed to hold him off till the end. His tires were much worse than mine in the twisty's.  Glad to see Roscoe/Steve join us,  he and I had a lot off good racing over on GC, before he had health problems.  Also have to say Tony knows you guys a lot better than I do according to the remarks made about street tracks.  About the time we were working on the 50th aniversary Trans Am series I told him, How about a round the world tour of street races using the "Big Iron" Muscle cars.  He said might not be a good idea and he was right.......Grats to the podium and for keeping one V8 series this season.

Bob M.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2017, 04:41:56 PM +0100 »

were you on auto or manual clutch Bob?

I found manual made the twisty bits tough, so ran auto, and turned it to manual for the s/f straight, then
back to auto after I engaged 4th

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2017, 06:07:20 PM +0100 »

Results

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 06:43:14 PM +0100 »

Thank you Kurt thumbup1

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com