by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 11:20:13 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17EGTC Golden Valley: January 23, 2017
January 23, 2017, 08:41:55 PM +0000 - Golden Valley - UKGTL Season 17 European GTC Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Renault Alpine A110 (#2) GTC-65 2 +0.392
94.824mph
1 49:46.060
91.589mph
36 1:21.308
93.434mph
Avon  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault Alpine A110 (#34) GTC-65 3 +1.733
93.263mph
2 +21.356
90.938mph
36 1:21.899
92.760mph
Avon  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault Alpine A110 (#2) GTC-65 6 +3.034
91.797mph
3 +1:01.679
89.735mph
36 1:22.847
91.698mph
Avon  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Renault Alpine A110 (#34) GTC-65 4 +1.882
93.093mph
4 +1L
88.247mph
35 1:21.581
93.121mph
Avon  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Renault Alpine A110 (#48) GTC-65 5 +2.556
92.330mph
5 +4.880
88.104mph
35 1:22.859
91.685mph
Avon  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
AC Cobra 427 (#887) GTC-65 9 +5.430
89.214mph
6 +2L
85.522mph
34 1:24.904
89.477mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Porsche 904/6 GTS (#425) GTC-65 11 +6.142
88.474mph
7 +22.220
84.897mph
34 1:25.238
89.126mph
Dunlop  
Huggy

Renault Alpine A110 (#24) GTC-65 10 +5.659
88.975mph
8 +12L 24 1:26.288
88.041mph
unknown
Avon  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
AC Cobra 427 (#3) GTC-65 7 +4.504
90.195mph
9 +20L 16 1:24.494
89.911mph
suspension
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Renault Alpine A110 (#2) GTC-65 8 +4.947
89.723mph
10 +30L 6 1:25.710
88.635mph
engine
Avon  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Renault Alpine A110 (#2) GTC-65 1 1:19.724
95.290mph
+36L 0 ---
---
unknown
Avon  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:19.724
95.290mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Renault Alpine A110January 23, 2017, 08:41:55 PM +0000
L17EGTC
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:21.308
93.434mph
Geoffers
Race
Renault Alpine A110January 23, 2017, 08:41:55 PM +0000
L17EGTC
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 European GTC Cup - Golden Valley - Jan 23  (Read 10666 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2017, 12:24:47 PM +0000 »

Thanks for that insight Geoff. It certainly made me laugh out loud. lol lol

Being a long time GPL addict, what you propose would be considered heresy over there and probably result in a public thrashing with a wet fish.
I tend to subconsciously apply the GPL rules for setups and moving the brake bias to the rear is what one does to promote a loose rear end ( if you will pardon the phrase!) and encourage turn in and correct understeer.

So, I have been religiously moving the brake bias towards the front wheels AND increasing the brake pressure in vain attempts to reduce that snap oversteer problem!!    oops
Then, to compound my problems, I resort to drastic adjustments to diff and roll bars to compensate for the weird and unpredictable behaviour of the car. My diff setting are often in the 20/10-40/20 range just to get some response!!
Plus of course, I was under some insane illusion that the Alpine was front wheel drive and was trying to apply the recently acquired Mini driving technique, powering the car through the corners.
Given all the above it is quite amazing that I even got around the first corner!!!!!

This might go some way to explaining why I struggle to get these cars to perform??  Roll Eyes

However, I doubt that this little nugget off advice will transform me into an all conquering alien who consistently breaks world record times in any car that I am asked to drive............................just thought that I should get that excuse in right away  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2017, 12:44:33 PM +0000 »

Thanks for that insight Geoff. It certainly made me laugh out loud. lol lol

Being a long time GPL addict, what you propose would be considered heresy over there and probably result in a public thrashing with a wet fish.
I tend to subconsciously apply the GPL rules for setups and moving the brake bias to the rear is what one does to promote a loose rear end ( if you will pardon the phrase!) and encourage turn in and correct understeer.

So, I have been religiously moving the brake bias towards the front wheels AND increasing the brake pressure in vain attempts to reduce that snap oversteer problem!!    oops
Then, to compound my problems, I resort to drastic adjustments to diff and roll bars to compensate for the weird and unpredictable behaviour of the car. My diff setting are often in the 20/10-40/20 range just to get some response!!
Plus of course, I was under some insane illusion that the Alpine was front wheel drive and was trying to apply the recently acquired Mini driving technique, powering the car through the corners.
Given all the above it is quite amazing that I even got around the first corner!!!!!

This might go some way to explaining why I struggle to get these cars to perform??  Roll Eyes

However, I doubt that this little nugget off advice will transform me into an all conquering alien who consistently breaks world record times in any car that I am asked to drive............................just thought that I should get that excuse in right away  Wink

Lol Clive, looking forward to the wet fish thrashing!  Hit with a wet fish

Thing is Clive, these are games & what works in one may not be correct in another or IRL. Just trying to say what works for me & why. I have certainly got faster by moving the brake bias more to the rear in most cars, but then the amount of rear brake you need is probably determined by how you drive. I have a tendency to keep a little throttle on while braking (only 2 pedals, so brake with left foot), whereas someone who right foot brakes or comes completely off the throttle will probably need the brakes more to the front than I do to prevent the rears locking up.

Did try GPL (briefly) but could not keep the car on the track so never persevered with it.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 12:53:40 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the advice Geoffers.

I would love to add my race report but I seem to have erased most of it from my memory. Maybe it was the shock of not taking the Alpine. I know I had some good racing but for the life of me I cannot remember with whom. I also remember being knocked across the track on the start/finish straight before the bridge by an invisible object (twice  Roll Eyes ). And I also remember having lapses in concentration and going off track quite often.

Well done to the guys who took the Cobra. I think Roger did pit for tyres about half way through the race tho.

Thank you for the feedback about the track. I do take note of your comments.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 02:20:33 PM +0000 »

Replay is your friend Tony  Grin

With regards to setup: I didn't have snap oversteer at all in the Renault (those who saw me spin on L1 may beg to differ, but that was on cold tyres, with altered balance due to race fuel). All I changed was lowering the brake pressure, to prevent lockup, but it may have had a positive effect on snap oversteer too - I just never discovered the problem in the first place.

My setup skills are rudimentary at best.  If a car tends to spin when I brake, what mostly works for me is moving brake bias forward and/or increasing coast diff. Increasing brake pressure like Clive suggests, strikes me as something that would most likely make things worse, but as Geoffers says, much probably depends on personal driving style and the game itself.

That Geoffers gains speed by moving brake balance rearwards gives food for thought - normally I only move it forward if I have problems with spinning, but maybe should make a habit of moving it backwards until problems arise, to get the maximum out of the brakes.

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 02:42:45 PM +0000 »

I know, I know. But I'm currently re-fitting my main GTL PC so my time between races is precious.

Re: brake balance. GTL has the ability to assign keys to moving brake balance in race. Never tried it so cannot say if it works or not.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 04:36:53 PM +0000 »

Re: brake balance. GTL has the ability to assign keys to moving brake balance in race. Never tried it so cannot say if it works or not.

Oh!!  Now you are really beginning to scare me Tony!   scared scared

Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2017, 06:54:32 PM +0000 »

I guess this is what you mean.  This key ] adds front bias,, this key adds rear[..  When you adjust them the numbers are posted at the top of the screen as you go.  Very useful in muscle cars as the fuel burns off. 

Bob M.
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2017, 08:25:15 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the tips Geoffers/Tony and Bob.

Took the Cobra only car for me that i could get a reasonable lap time. Pitted about lap 18, for some reason i had got into my tiny brain that 2x tires was the same as 2x fuel so had to pit LOL, tires were quite worn but probably should have not stopped, tire change took 30 seconds.

Grats to Geoffers on win

Grats to Podium
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2017, 08:47:28 PM +0000 »

When I 1st messed around with GTL some years ago I usually moved the brake bias rearwards on most of the default set up's but since returning I tend to run very close to the garage settings but with significantly reduced pressure. In my case I think this is because when I renewed my interest in GTL I also went for the shifter instead of paddles for gears and also using the clutch (My old wheel only had 2 pedals) I also right foot brake with a very poor imitation of heel & toe thrown in so it's probably my less than smooth down changes which have forced me to leave the brake bias close to the default. I tend to tune using roll bars and diff along with adjustment of front and rear ride height. For the Alpine I had 53/47 brake bias and 30/90 diff settings which would feel very odd to most I'm sure.

Although I'm sure you know this already Clive, the diff settings between GTL & GPL are reversed GTL uses locking %age whereas GPL uses ramp angles. Just thought I would mention it as I didn't realise early on and couldn't work out why I ended up with a cow on Rollerskates.

No worries about the tap Bill, Been there, Done that. Cheesy

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2017, 08:53:12 PM +0000 »

@Jeep
Daisy says can she come over and play with your cow!!!   Talk about a day of shattered reality........not only does the brake bias appear to affect the handling in reverse to GPL, but now I discover that the diff works in reverse too!!!!!!!!!!!

I am putting myself into a darkened room and nurse has promised me extra sedatives tonight. It may be sometime before I emerge into daylight again................................................

I guess this is what you mean.  This key ] adds front bias,, this key adds rear[..  When you adjust them the numbers are posted at the top of the screen as you go.  Very useful in muscle cars as the fuel burns off. 

Bob M.

Are you serious?Huh!!!!  we can adjust the brake bias on the run?Huh??

NURSE  more medication needed urgently!!!  scared scared scared scared scared scared scared scared scared

Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2017, 09:17:40 PM +0000 »

JJC/jim had a guide called ABC's of GTL, which had a list of obscure adjustments that you could trigger by keys.  It was up on Gamers Crib and I thought Nogrip but I can't find it and search brought up nothing for me.  I used to have a copy of it several years ago but computer crashes have taken it away.  Anybody else have it or a link?  Was really a great piece.  Just a thought.......

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2017, 10:58:10 PM +0000 »

Never knew that existed Bob. Would love to get my hands on it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com