by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 02:48:01 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17EGTC Mugello: July 17, 2017
July 17, 2017, 08:41:56 PM +0100 - Mugello (GP) - UKGTL Season 17 European GTC Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Renault Alpine A110 (#97) GTC-65 2 +0.137
86.518mph
1 50:06.620
84.151mph
22 2:13.730
85.997mph
Avon  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ferrari 250GTO (#4153) GTC-65 1 2:12.788
86.607mph
2 +12.846
83.793mph
22 2:13.690
86.023mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 904/6 GTS (#428) GTC-65 4 +1.250
85.800mph
3 +13.504
83.774mph
22 2:15.384
84.947mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Porsche 904/6 GTS (#425) GTC-65 5 +2.825
84.803mph
4 +30.863
83.296mph
22 2:16.210
84.431mph
Dunlop  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Renault Alpine A110 (#2) GTC-65 3 +0.649
86.186mph
5 +7L 15 2:14.265
85.654mph
unknown
Avon  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Renault Alpine A110 (#34) GTC-65 7 +5.289
83.290mph
6 +16L 6 2:16.001
84.561mph
suspension
Avon  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
AC Cobra 427 (#887) GTC-65 6 +5.091
83.409mph
7 +19L 3 2:16.791
84.073mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 European GTC Cup - Mugello - Jul 17  (Read 5451 times)
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 08:43:15 AM +0100 »

OK, so Fezza or that French tractor with a blowing exhaust?? Took a look at the races still to come...........with one of each car still to use I think the ring might require a "nice" car like the Fezz or Porker?? so I swallowed my pride and jumped in the Alpine with a slightly amended default setup ( more steering initially, then after a few laps I lowered the tyre pressures to get a better temp spread.). Like John said, it feels slow but the clock says different and I can't work out why it is faster than the Porker, which is much easier to drive??!!
I guess I managed to do about 15 laps before the fun police found me, with a best of around 2:14, but frustrated to be fighting terrible understeer mid corner and losing time when I wanted to get on the gas??

Well, if I could, I would use the Renault for every race...  Wink

On a different, off topic note:  Did anyone find an alternative to Photobucket ?   Just received an email from them requesting an account upgrade, but they're completely deluded if they think a small, private user like me, is going to pay $399 a year, just to have a small handfull of photos shown in various forums.

Cheers,
Erling
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 09:39:28 AM +0100 »

OK, so Fezza or that French tractor with a blowing exhaust?? Took a look at the races still to come...........with one of each car still to use I think the ring might require a "nice" car like the Fezz or Porker?? so I swallowed my pride and jumped in the Alpine with a slightly amended default setup ( more steering initially, then after a few laps I lowered the tyre pressures to get a better temp spread.). Like John said, it feels slow but the clock says different and I can't work out why it is faster than the Porker, which is much easier to drive??!!
I guess I managed to do about 15 laps before the fun police found me, with a best of around 2:14, but frustrated to be fighting terrible understeer mid corner and losing time when I wanted to get on the gas??

On a different, off topic note:  Did anyone find an alternative to Photobucket ?   Just received an email from them requesting an account upgrade, but they're completely deluded if they think a small, private user like me, is going to pay $399 a year, just to have a small handfull of photos shown in various forums.

Cheers,
Erling

Try here http://imgur.com/  You can upload also without have an account. With account you can make an album
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 10:36:25 AM +0100 »

Cheers,
Erling
I already had an Pro account with MediaFire so copied my entire Photo*ucket content to there. Then after some digging, found that they offer a 3rd party file embedment service. So over time I will replace the PB content on this site with the MediaFire replacements.
I do not know if it is the same deal for their free service but could be worth a look?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 11:00:45 AM +0100 »

Thnx guys; will give both a look.  Photobucket must be signing their own death warrant; can't imagine anyone in their right mind paying that much, for something that was provided for free earlier.  Of course they can't exist in the long by providing services for free, but fee needs to be reasonable, and not outrageous like now  Roll Eyes

Cheers,
Erling
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 06:21:08 PM +0100 »

It has been a while since we last drove at Mugello...  Tongue

Very slow - as usual - fastest in the Alpine.

I'll give it a try.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 09:58:04 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 08:36:04 AM +0100 »

At three races to go if i watch the standings, well i should say that it missing me the points of Golden Valley because a problem with my G27 and the points of Gellerasen because i had an off line when i was second at 7 laps to go, so it s clear that without this problems the standings was different now, i know that not is nice say this but i used say the truth always. It mean that i m satisfied of the result got yesterday, against Alpine i did pole and fatest lap and the only reason because i lost the win is because on this track my Ferrari tires were on red zone just after 10 laps, if the race was on lap more than 22, well my tires exploding. Anyway i known this that here the tires were could be a big problem especially with the weight of Ferrari.

Grats To Clive, Grats To Erling and thanks for fun battles. My favourite for final win is Erling and maybe he is the only one can lose this championship.

I have a question for Clive :  How you could lost the Pole with Alpine ?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 10:23:05 AM +0100 »

Rubbish night for me  Sad

Braked too late for one of the turns and went across the gravel and hit the barrier damaging the suspension. Tried to carry one but car was not handing well. Decided to call it a day and quit. Still it was good to watch you guys having a good race.

BTW I do not think the tyre wear is modeled correctly on the Alpine. It is a rear engined , rear wheel drive car, so I would expect the rear tyres to wear more than the front's, but this is not the case with this mod. I will have to have a looksee at the tyre wear settings within the mod, maybe they can be swopped over?

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 11:12:15 AM +0100 »

I seem to remember it's the same with the porkas, the fronts slide like mad (with my "safe" setups)
and therefore wear more

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2017, 11:53:51 AM +0100 »

Grats to the finishers...there were not that many from what was quite a small grid due to absentees.

I was never really trying to get pole position because I was still learning the track and trying to understand the setup for the Alpine. For the first time in this car it was beginning to feel like it was going where I wanted it to go. All of qually was on full race fuel ( I even added a few litres just to be sure)  and there were a couple of laps where a 2:11 was showing as possible on HUD, but a mistake lost the time and 2nd was the best I could do.
I expected Ziu to be fast in the Ferrari and that I might be struggling to stay with him. plus John looked handy in his Alpine right behind me!! For the first few laps I was following Ziu and wondering why he was not faster?? Maybe he was waiting for his tyres to warm up??

Then I made a small mistake and ran wide dropping me to around 6th(?) place behind Tony. Instead of allowing the red mist to cloud my judgement, I ran behind Tony for one lap and looked for the best place to pass. Once I had squeezed through I set off after Erling and his Porker and found that he was lacking outright top speed, so an easy pass at the end of the straight ( not very often that one gets an easy pass on Erling!!).

Ziu and John were a little way ahead  and I started to close the gap until Ziu went wide and John escaped. Ziu was struggling on tyres and after a few laps I got past and tried to hunt down John. slowly I was getting closer until he ran wide at the final turn and in all of the excitement....I followed him into the gravel.....and so did Erling!!!  Ziu moved from 4th to 1st in just one corner!!
No damage to my car, so now back in 3rd and still John and Ziu to catch.
Closed the gap quite quickly because they were fighting over 1st place and it was interesting to see that they were both struggling for grip...or so it seemed.
I glanced at my HUD at around half distance to see if my chase back to the front had overcooked my rubber. Usually I suffer in the last laps because I have abused the tyres, but pleasantly surprised to see that things were quite healthy.
Once again a few laps watching Ziu and John before picking the pass on John and getting close to Ziu and his  extra wide Ferrari.

I could see that he was struggling for grip, but he was driving super defensive and considering how little grip he had, very quickly. Once again I watched for where he was slowest and there were a couple of possible places. Then at one of the corners where I thought I had a chance Ziu put a wheel on the grass and lost just a little speed....that was all the invitation I needed and I slipped through into the lead.
It was quite easy to build a gap and once I had 5 secs I was able to ease off and cruise to the finish. The only excitement was when I double downshifted into 1st gear at the hairpin and put the car into the gravel. That lost me 6 secs of my 12 second lead. but again I was able to regain the tarmac and stay comfortably in the lead.

The few small changes I made to the setup during pre race qually made all the difference to the handling and the Alpine was now a car that felt under control and settled.

As regards tyre wear Tony. At the end of the race I had the most wear on the front left, which I would have expected as I was leaning quite heavily on that corner through several corners. But that was only just into the red zone in HUD. The other 3 tyres were all just out of the red zone and looking quite healthy. I would estimate that I had used only 60% of the available rubber at the end?

I did notice in my offline practice session last week that stiffening the springs and shocks had quite a dramatic effect on the tyres. Initially I had all shocks at "1" and springs set at one notch up from softest and the tyres were showing substantial wear after only a few laps. Gradually stiffening the setup and compensating with the diff etc appeared to reduce the tyre wear, so I worked around those settings.

In my experience in the Alpine for previous races, the front tyre wear was alarming and resulted in some very unpredictable handling through the last laps, but last night's settings gave me a car that behaved perfectly right through the race. So, I think the tyre wear model in GTL is very dependent upon car setup in the Alpine and may not be fundamentally wrong?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:58:02 AM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2017, 12:38:21 PM +0100 »

@ Clive, regarding setup, you could be correct. I now realise that I had forgotten to set the dampers when I did some last minute tweaks so I was running on a hard setting throughout. This would also explain the cars desire to go straight on when under hard braking. My bad.

Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2017, 12:58:03 PM +0100 »

Clive, I not was waiting my tires warm up, just with fuel it was what I could get to my Ferrari. My best could be 13.3 on this conditions but tires abandon me too much soon. The second place is like a win here for me for this I said that I m satisfied.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2017, 01:17:11 PM +0100 »

.....( not very often that one gets an easy pass on Erling!!).

Not so sure I agree on that - I'm mostly much too nice...  Wink

Bit of a mixed bag last night. Found the track technically challenging. Most corners & curves seemed to require a razor sharp turn-in - for me it was mostly "Don't turn in yet".."not yet".."arh damn, now it's too late"...   Earlier testing had shown it to be hard on tyres, so I picked the Porker, as it has some of the lightest tyre wear in this bunch.  Never liked it though; find it dull and slow, and yet it retains enough mid-engined malice to mug you, if you let your guard down.

Can't be unhappy about qual, as I knocked an unlikely 0.8 secs off my pb, but not enough to compete with the front runners.  Retained 4th after the start. Clive soon spun, briefly lending me 3rd. He was soon back, and as he said, made an easy pass down the straight. Next Ziu went off, and I again was 3rd. Like Clive said, he, John & I all went into the gravel together.  Swear I could hear Ziu laughing, as he went past and gained 3 places in one corner..

I rejoined ahead of Clive, but he just repeated his earlier pass.  Next followed some halfway lonely laps, as the leaders built a gap of around 5 secs, while I extended the gap behind me.  Later John went off, and shortly after mysteriously retired, gifting me 3rd.  Soon caught Ziu on his melted tyres, and for the entire last 3rd of the race, I tried to find a way past.  Verstappen would have been proud of his defense.  Tried to pass outside, inside, but to no avail.  I could have outbraked him at the end of the longer straights, if only I had been closer, but the grunt of the Fezza pulled him away from my anemic Porker, so all I could do was close the gap again under braking - my own tyres were far from pristine, so no way to both close the gap and make a pass.  Stayed that way till the finish.

Grats to Clive on the win, and Ziu for 2nd.

With a reasonable result, I had expected to grab the Championship lead from the absent Geoffers.  Hadn't foreseen Clive swooping in to snatch it instead. If he plays his cards right in the remaining races, he could very well be the joker who runs away with it all  Wink

Cheers,
Erling
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2017, 08:58:02 PM +0100 »

First off thanks to John and Tony for giving me a starting point on the setup for the Porker.  Only left the gray path once I think.  Not a big fan of this car, it seems to be a "enertia" type car and I am not wired that way.  I am a early brakeer and try for a fast get away on exit.  I was willing to just finish the race but we had a low turnout and 3 dropouts so had  "too good" of a finish.  My drives in this car are over and I saved the Alpine for maybe NOS I think.  Anyway thanks for the race and see you all next week........

Bob M.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 09:10:37 PM +0100 »

Results

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: