The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 09:55:15 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Silverstone: December 07, 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Cobras at Old Silverstone - Dec 7  (Read 6753 times)
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 09:59:27 PM +0000 »

I wasn't really expecting much of this car, I remember I drove it around a year ago once and it mostly resembled a dog chasing his own tail  Grin

Was surprised at how fun the car felt this time. It really suits the track and, having fixed my clutch problems ( added a deadzone  Tongue ), I kinda felt comfortable driving these things.
Took a setup from the market which I tweaked a little bit to be abit more stable. I put that one on ptracker.

It actually got quite busy on the server aswell, they probably knew I was on there....... Cool

Oh, and after Linus his Lotus race..... the 919  drool  ( tried to do a public race with these things, got rammed off by someone who didn't appreciate me overtaking him lap 1......now I remember why they're called pubraces  Grin )
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:13:34 PM +0000 by Maikel K. » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 10:42:15 PM +0000 »

Was surprised at how fun the car felt this time. It really suits the track and, having fixed my clutch problems ( added a deadzone  Tongue ), I kinda felt comfortable driving these things.
Took a setup from the market which I tweaked a little bit to be abit more stable. I put that one on ptracker.

Which setup did you take, as there wasn't a recent one, all were for older version. I noticed a lot had positive camper at the rear and toe in at the front and toe out at the rear. Maybe such weird things are required to tame this thing, it just feels wrong and I don't see a logical reason why to set up a car like that. Huh
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 11:47:55 PM +0000 »

I'm not going to be able to race as I'm away when this is on but I'm trying to get back into AC so have been practicing to compare how my timings are.  Getting high 1:44 just now which doesn't look competitive at all.

A couple of questions.  Bob mentioned turning off god rays to reduce the blinding.  How is that done? I find the Windscreen glare a bit too much to see sometimes.

Also Maikel mentioned putting a setup on ptracker.  What/where is ptracker?

I may be a bit of a mobile chicane while I get to grips with this sim.

cheers.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 11:53:18 PM +0000 »

Also Maikel mentioned putting a setup on ptracker.  What/where is ptracker?

Can't help you with the sun rays, but ptracker is an app for the game, you can download it from here.

Together with stracker on the server, it adds a lot of timing options, which can give you an overview like this:

http://stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 12:58:50 AM +0000 »

ok thanks

Steve

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 08:09:40 AM +0000 »

Its called crepuscular rays under effects in the game video menu.
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 10:25:46 AM +0000 »

thanks Bob.  Didn't seem to make a great difference when I tried that.

Anyway, cant seem to get to grips with this car at all.  One lap it will turn next it wont.

Never mind.

Steve

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 11:10:41 AM +0000 »

All the setups I downloaded were extremely soft and weird, so I slapped together my own set, which is on ptracker (Shelby Cobra 2). Basically what i did was aim for stability, and just guessed where the sliders should go, but even with that, the car felt a whole lot better, and I improved my laptime by 1,5 second. Which could have been faster, but somebody knocked over a cone in the last corner which send my car flying  Roll Eyes Grin.

Maybe more importantly, the setup feels like it could get me to the finish  Tongue. The damper settings were purely guesswork, so it's extremely likely that there is improvement in that department, but still atleast now the car feels a lot better.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2016, 11:29:25 AM +0000 »

One app I would definitely recommend to all on here racing AC is the ffb-clip app. Most sims have the ffb cranked up too high to cover a variety of steering wheels from cheap to expensive. This app calibrates the ideal ffb input which can vary massively from car to car and even track dependant. Run it in auto and you will find a great improvement through the steering feel as well as giving your neck muscles a breather!  Smiley

b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2016, 02:55:07 PM +0000 »

sounds good Mark.  I've downloaded it and extracted to the main AC folder as described but it doesn't appear in the UI modules?  Does it need to go somewhere specific?

How do I use it?
 Unpack the .RAR to your main Assetto Corsa folder, not the one in "My Documents"
 Run Assetto Corsa and enable "FFBClip" in MAIN MENU -> OPTIONS -> GENERAL -> UI Modules

Steve

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 03:14:02 PM +0000 »

The description is wrong, the ffb clip folder needs to be in the assetto corsa, apps, python folder.
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2016, 03:50:46 PM +0000 »

all working, thanks.  And got the setup too cheers

Steve

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2016, 04:58:22 PM +0000 »

Huzzar!
I'm back in Blighty and you seem to have arranged an Epic first race  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2016, 10:10:34 PM +0000 »

Hey great to hear your back FMG, nice to have another enthusiastic racer back on the grid  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 09:15:32 PM +0000 »

Wow, very popular combo on stracker lapstats, 3 pages of drivers already  Shocked. I haven't done a lap yet  :'(

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com