The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 03:31:44 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Silverstone: December 07, 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Cobras at Old Silverstone - Dec 7  (Read 6749 times)
frex

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 10:10:02 PM +0000 »

Cobras at '67 Silverstone? Yes please, if there's room..
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 03:12:19 AM +0000 »

Wow, very popular combo on stracker lapstats, 3 pages of drivers already  Shocked. I haven't done a lap yet  :'(

Most with only single digit laps.  Wink
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 06:55:35 AM +0000 »

Why prolong the pain!

An open server doesnt mean they have bothered to see who we are and will join us. What happened to the message that pops up when you join?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 08:17:45 AM +0000 »

What happened to the message that pops up when you join?
Now you mention it I don't remember seeing it when I joined last night. However, the entry for it is still in the cfg file, and the file exists, so I'm a tad confused. Will try and take a look later.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 08:28:47 AM +0000 »

Shows just how bad our memories our Spanner, just tried it and the message is there  Embarrassed

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 11:04:49 AM +0000 »

Does the message state when the actual race will be run? Maybe it needs to sound more inviting as well as a fact?  Undecided

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2016, 11:16:17 AM +0000 »

Text when open and in practice mode is

Welcome to SimRacing.org.uk's Practice Server for
our next event.

Please respect the server and your fellow drivers,
if you want to take part in the race please come and
join our community at

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php

Being general means I don't have to change it each week  Roll Eyes If you want it to say something better/different let me have your words and I'll change it. Bear in mind it can't be much longer or it doesn't seem to fit well in the available space.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2016, 12:49:08 PM +0000 »

Maybe just add,  our next event next wednesday at xx:xx gmt.

But fill in a time Tongue.

I still think we should test public pw.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2016, 09:48:23 PM +0000 »

While it might add more numbers it would also turn our weekly race into just another pickup race so all the crash test dummies turn up, make a mess and quit. Of course we could get lucky and have a good clean race...maybe.  Smiley

But yeah agree the message would be better if it told when the race was on and what time, albeit means a bit more work for our helpful server man Picnic  Undecided I doubt anyone bothers to look up just a forum link on it.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2016, 09:54:49 PM +0000 »

While it might add more numbers it would also turn our weekly race into just another pickup race so all the crash test dummies turn up, make a mess and quit. Of course we could get lucky and have a good clean race...maybe.  Smiley

Don't think that will happen too quicky. Just post your advertisement on the normal forums, like the official forum, CORE, RRL etc and mention the password there. The only people that visit those forums are people looking for good racing. Wreckers and kids won't find those threads.

Only problem will be results, but for a test you might as well just have the results in the lapchart thingy and not at the top of the page.
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 10:42:17 PM +0000 »

Not sure how long RRL will be around from now on...

Luca and me left and we were the ones who did pretty much everything useful there.
We try our luck now with the guys at ACRL. If you want i could bring up the race tomorrow there and maybe make a post on their reddit page.

btw, for those who took part in the PGT races, i really hope you had good fun and am sorry i wont do another season at RRL, even if i think it had a decent turnout.

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2016, 10:12:02 AM +0000 »

Did wonder why the sudden lack of interest and admin over at RRL, shame to hear. The drop off in numbers for the pgt was startling and proves how tough it is to run league races these days. Maybe we can poach all the good guys and send them here for racing  Smiley

Finally got some laps in last night, could do with a lot more as still don't feel like I'm gliding the car through the sweeping turns like I should be able. Cars look great in the setting sun  Cool but if it's felt the sun is a little too blinding we could pull the race clock forward to 4pm to reduce the glare?

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2016, 11:32:33 AM +0000 »

In the rift i have to sit up in my chair down the back straight so the sun sits behind the sunvisor.. Haha.. If i dont i cant see shit!

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2016, 12:18:07 PM +0000 »

Lol nice.

Like the windscreen effect but its a bit too dirty!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2016, 12:19:03 PM +0000 »

Finally got some laps in last night, could do with a lot more as still don't feel like I'm gliding the car through the sweeping turns like I should be able. Cars look great in the setting sun  Cool but if it's felt the sun is a little too blinding we could pull the race clock forward to 4pm to reduce the glare?

Could we please stop with the constant sunset settings? It adds absolutely nothing to the racing and just serves as a pretty picture. Take a screenshot and print it out, that way you can enjoy it the whole time  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com