The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 08:46:02 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Silverstone: December 07, 2016
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Cobras at Old Silverstone - Dec 7  (Read 6752 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2016, 12:20:46 PM +0000 »

In the rift i have to sit up in my chair down the back straight so the sun sits behind the sunvisor.. Haha.. If i dont i cant see shit!

Sounds like perfect realism  Smiley I would recommend putting a desk fan on to blow in your face for that full 'wind in your hair' cobra racing experience  Grin oh and put a dab of oil behind each ear too  laugh

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2016, 12:25:31 PM +0000 »

Finally got some laps in last night, could do with a lot more as still don't feel like I'm gliding the car through the sweeping turns like I should be able. Cars look great in the setting sun  Cool but if it's felt the sun is a little too blinding we could pull the race clock forward to 4pm to reduce the glare?

Could we please stop with the constant sunset settings? It adds absolutely nothing to the racing and just serves as a pretty picture. Take a screenshot and print it out, that way you can enjoy it the whole time  Roll Eyes

Err, No!  Tongue I reserve the right to choose atmospheric lighting conditions to add some ambeiance and nostalgia to the racing  Kiss I try to only use it on tracks or combos where it works well. Why do you think events like Goodwood or Silverstone classics save headline races until the sun set hours?! Or why going to Le Mans feels magical as the sun sets and cars blat off into the sunset?  angel

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2016, 12:36:39 PM +0000 »

Dawn is nice too, just saying  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2016, 09:04:50 PM +0000 »

:'( :'( Made mistakes but carried on, forgot to put my fan on needless to say glasses steamed up inside the Oculus, was pouring sweat and had to abandon much to my annoyance. Run the same next week...............
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2016, 09:18:46 PM +0000 »

What a joke, somebody have the replay saved?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2016, 09:25:45 PM +0000 »

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2016, 09:42:24 PM +0000 »

Just watched Jeffrey. You weren't really given any room, very aggresive and not very sportsman like Sad

Michael Boylan

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2016, 09:57:50 PM +0000 »

Just watched Jeffrey. You weren't really given any room, very aggressive and not very sportsman like Sad

Apologies have been made.. your correct, i was driving aggressively, there is nothing wrong with that, maybe a little too aggressive on such a delicate car but all in all the contacts made between me and Jeffery were not in any way malicious or done with intent.

I have no more to say on the matter. 

Jeffery will take it as he wants to take it, nothing i can do about it. I just hope he can put it behind him and move forward.

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2016, 10:06:57 PM +0000 »

Well, atleast I had a blast this race  Grin

Close battle with Jeffrey the first few 7 laps or so. Then Redman caught up and he and Jeffrey start battling for 1st with me sitting behind waiting for some openings, went 3 wide into the last corner a few times.

And I just watched the entire replay and I can't really fault Redman for his driving. Sure he made a mistake at T1 and Jeffrey spun out, but he gave it back and I was also kind enough to wait on those 2 ( since it was a fun race, if it was a championship race I would have driving off into the sunset...literally  Grin ). Sometimes abit aggresive indeed, but within the margins off racing imo. And since those 2 were racing side by side for 10 laps a few bumps and bruises were expected. And the last lap was abit of a shame, though I couldn't see any malicous intent into it, just Redman trying to save a slide and slightly bumping into Jeffrey. For the rest of the 18 laps we were within seconds of each other.

Edit; the replay saved just fine since it records multiple sessions. So here is mine with the practise and quali session aswell;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sa73ce29rox2ffu/shelby_cobra_427sc%40ks_silverstone1967_20161207221830?dl=0
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:11:11 PM +0000 by Maikel K. » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2016, 11:14:50 PM +0000 »

Sounds like someone had too much adrenalin at race end.  Lips Sealed

I had a duff race, lack of practise and decent setup left me trailing down the grid. I had too much power-on oversteer and a few laps in had a huge grass cutting off that left me 12+ secs behind the pack. Sadly I spent about 14 of the 19 laps trundling around on my own  Sad Boring, I didn't do the event justice.

The early laps with others around were fab and graphically it looked amazing following 2-3 cars drifting onto the s/f pit straight with exhausts belching flames   Cool

Good turnout with 16 cars, so historics are definitely popular  Smiley

frex

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2016, 11:24:48 PM +0000 »

I had great fun for 5 laps, battling with I think Simon. Then it snapped sideways on me coming onto the back straight and I got stuck in a ditch by the side of the track. Bugger.

Thanks all, congrats podium.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2016, 11:41:42 PM +0000 »

I had fun chasing Pete for most of the race but a few laps from the end I fell into a ditch and dropped back and that was it.

Still can't decide if I enjoyed the race or not  Grin One on hand it was fun having to be mega precise with inputs but on the other hand, I never really felt I could push or attack much more Smiley

Michael Boylan

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2016, 08:13:17 AM +0000 »

Can't say these are up there on my list of must race cars but the simpler track layout made the challenge a little more bearable. I'd not be turning up weekly to run a championship in these.

However the race was busy for the whole 19 laps but I think I only pulled off one pass, all the others gifted to me by faster drivers falling off. And I too lost a place catching some curb on the entry to Hanger Straight and having to gather things up before a real disaster became of the error.

I did stuffer, like Bob, with some steaming up in the Rift making it a little more of a challenge than it needed to be. I also had to run the race using my clutch as the brake as the pot on my brake is all over the shop. I did try blowing some air at it but that's not helped so I need to dismount the pedals and have a better look.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2016, 08:23:23 AM +0000 »

I had great fun for 5 laps, battling with I think Simon. Then it snapped sideways on me coming onto the back straight and I got stuck in a ditch by the side of the track. Bugger.

Thanks all, congrats podium.

I wondered what happened to you - I'd just moved up to take the spot behind you when you gifted me the place in spectacular fashion!  Grin

I had an absolute blast, if I hadn't spun at Stow trying to avoid rear-ending Chris then I should've been at the pointy end come the finish.
Although my car did seem slightly off the pace so maybe not - Probably from the bump I accidentally gave Maikel on lap 1  Embarrassed
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2016, 09:26:36 AM +0000 »

Quite a challenge keeping these cars on the track. But as said the layout helped too. It was great sliding into and out of the bends.
This time out i kept my cool and tried not to spin. It worked. Was good fun with this bigger grid as there where always people around the whole race long. Nice to even see Simon, our resident vintage car hater  Tongue, out on the track.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com