by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 01:22:38 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17FAEC Dubai: April 24, 2017
April 24, 2017, 08:41:48 PM +0100 - Dubai (GP) - UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 2 +2.442
101.128mph
1 1:01:03.722
94.776mph
29 1:58.442
101.092mph
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#55) GTC-TC-76 1 1:55.958
103.257mph
2 +1:25.275
92.620mph
29 1:56.843
102.475mph
Goodyear  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#55) GTC-TC-76 3 +1:49.186
92.033mph
29 2:00.962
98.986mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#2) GTC-TC-76 4 +7.632
96.881mph
4 +1L
91.150mph
28 2:04.267
96.353mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 7 +11.650
93.830mph
5 +34.271
90.309mph
28 2:07.661
93.791mph
Goodyear  
55steve55
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 6 +11.581
93.881mph
6 +48.746
89.958mph
28 2:07.499
93.911mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 5 +11.245
94.129mph
7 +1:20.936
89.188mph
28 2:07.410
93.976mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#1) GTC-TC-76 3 +2.629
100.968mph
8 +1:53.485
88.422mph
28 1:59.667
100.057mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 8 +13.630
92.397mph
9 +2L
86.916mph
27 2:07.280
94.072mph
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:55.958
103.257mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Ford Capri TurboApril 24, 2017, 08:41:48 PM +0100
L17FAEC
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:56.843
102.475mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Race
Ford Capri TurboApril 24, 2017, 08:41:48 PM +0100
L17FAEC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup - Dubai - Apr 24  (Read 5533 times)
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2017, 07:47:30 PM +0100 »

Results

Cool

Thanks guys for your encouragement  Smiley

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2017, 08:58:02 PM +0100 »

... while Ziu  is a big donkey and without wings also....... HI HO HI HO HI HO !!!!!!

I'd happily be a donkey if I could move as fast as you...  Grin

I'm still in awe of Geoffers, Ziu and Erling and anyone else who can actually drive the Group 1 projectiles.

Well, yesterday I obviously couldn't drive the darn thing..  Wink

Forgot earlier to congratulate Matt on the Div. 2 victory, and some very impressive laptimes, knocking on the door of Div. 1  Shocked

Cheers,
Erling
misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2017, 09:17:30 PM +0100 »

Well that was a pity. I managed to get what I thought were some quite good practice laps in. (The best in the 2m03’s in the 81 Grp1 car). When I tried to join the track loaded OK, but although I could see that other Drivers had the same cars loaded I got the  message “car not present on server” then “saving hot lap” and then ”Connection lost”.  Huh I tried most of the cars. Will have to see if I get the same problem next week.  Sad
Very strange. Can only guess that your internet connection was dropping out. I saw you try to join several times and keep getting the car not present message. I assumed that you were trying to use a car that was not included in this championship.
Hope you have better luck next time.

A weird glitch. As I wasn’t’ expecting to race I had not tested online before joining (trying to join). After my failed attempts to join I looked for updates. I Found and installed a couple, defragmented  and virus checked my P C, then tried to join after the race but noticed the track had been changed for next week’s race. I downloaded the new track and was able to join with no problem in the Boss Stang, so should be OK for next week. My guess is that the car download was maybe corrupted but it worked off line fine. I may find out if I race these cars again on line.

Grats to winner and podiums.  clap
55steve55

Waltzinblack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 09:24:25 PM +0100 »

Qualifying 2 secs faster than practice put me in a good mood at the start. As with Matt, I found the default setup needed only minor tweeking to suit my driving style.

A cautious start again saw me lose a handful of places in the first few seconds, but with Tony just ahead and Bob just as close behind me, the pressure was on straight away to hold position. In fact, for 24 of the 28 laps Bob was nearly always close enough behind to take advantage should I slip up.

Tony dropped back at some point and it was then that I noticed someone appearing more and more up ahead. I was catching someone (it doesn't happen very often!). That someone was Clive and for about 18 laps I tried my best to make him shed as much rubber as possible. The gap came down briefly to 6 seconds - when my tyres start to go off I find the Capris handling actually improves for me - but I have a habit of losing more time than I need to when letting faster cars through ( my problem, not the faster car) and on this track I lost enough time to put paid to catching Clive.

This race was probably the most satisfying for me so far this season, so am surprised to see so many comments about not being too keen on these Capris or this track.

Although I find the rolling starts quite difficult to handle, Ziu's tactics in slowing right up approaching the startline was excellent and it had the desired effect in bunching everyone up just when they want to floor it. I would do the same if I was up front!

Well done to Geoffers for first place and for Ziu and Jeep the podium fillers, particularly Jeep for starting from the back.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2017, 10:49:21 PM +0100 »

Results

Cool

Thanks guys for your encouragement  Smiley
Thank you as always Kurt  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 12:37:44 AM +0100 »

The aftermath of a pretty unusual weekend meant I thought I was going to have to miss out on this one but with about 3 minutes to go found time to join even though there was no time even for a quick qualifying lap so lined up at the rear of the grid with my Yas set up copied across. I knew I didn't have to worry too much about fuel as "Fill her up" and run it until I needed more or the tyres fell off was a good starting point.

Being in a Div 1 car and at the rear of the grid meant I was able to make up a few spots by the 1st turn but made a complete cockup of the 1st serious right hander (T5 I think) and ran wide. Got a nudge from Bob as I rejoined which spun me around but although Bob slowed there really was no need, if anything it could have been argued I made a slightly unsafe re join to the racing surface so it was simply a coming together. This put us both back at the rear of the grid so I set off in pursuit of the rest of the Div 2 cars. Got past Tony and Steve by the end of lap 2 and caught clive on Lap 3 putting me up into 4th, something not right somewhere, then I noticed Ziu was actually behind and charging through the pack as well. Caught Matt in his very quick Div 2 Capri at the end of the SF straight and went for the inside, unfortunately Ziu had the same idea and his later braking shunted me into Matt and all 3 of us visited the kitty litter, We re joined in the same positions and I made the over take later in the lap followed through by Ziu. I knew it was only  a matter of time be fore he got me so allowed him the inside line at the start of lap 8 thinking I would let him drag me up to the front 2. Well, that idea went out of the window as he just drove away from me like I was going backwards. He pitted for fuel and tyres around lap 15 along with Erling and I found myself in 2nd (For a few laps only). Having generally tried to look after the tyres it was fuel which forced a pit stop eventually on lap 17 dropping me back to 6th Finally a pit stop which went pretty much according to plan (Very rare for me). Taking stock of the positions I figured 4th was a realistic target although Matt was now some 26s ahead with 12 laps to go. Then I came across a very twitchy Erling who had obviously fallen foul of the Capri repair bug and was an easy target for once so I began to believe I might even make the podium. First up was Steve and we had a minor coming together as I went for the inside but he was going for a late apex and I caught his rear quarter forcing him off track. Waited for him to rejoin then used the extra power to pass him on the straight which is what I should have done originally. Then came Clive. Again I was a little impatient and passed him after one of the tight hairpins. it should have been easy However I was over ambitious on the throttle gave me lots of wheel spin and tail waggling but very little advantage until I changed up and the rubber bit the tarmac. By lap 24 I finally had Matt in my sights. I guess by this stage of the race the tyres on the Div 2 cars are pretty much the same state as those on the Div 1 cars Passed Matt and finally got into the podium position I craved. Began to make up ground on Ziu at a rapid rate towards the end , not sure if he had a problem but his lap times suddenly increased by nearly 10s per lap and I think had it been 31 laps instead of 29 I would definitely have caught him.

But really pleased with a podium. Undeserved considering Erlings problems as I was most definitely the slowest of the Div 1 drivers.

Congrats to Geoffers for an untouchable drive, Ziu for battling through the whole pack to take 2nd and commiserations to Erling Watching the replay I think Geoffers had the edge once the tyres went off but until then you were sitting pretty on his tail.

Congrats to all finishers and Matt for the Div 2 win, Some really fast times in there and consistant as well.

Thanks guys a blast as always.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2017, 09:07:32 AM +0100 »

It was re assuring to hear that Tony does not enjoy these cars, and that I am not alone  Roll Eyes.
I like the cars Clive, it was the circuit that I found tedious

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2017, 09:11:08 AM +0100 »

I have received news from Roger (Roguk). He has had a tough time of it recently with some funerals, health problems and to top it all he had his computer and peripherals stolen.

He says he will return to GTL as soon as he is able to.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2017, 09:30:39 AM +0100 »

Sorry to hear that, hope Roger is sorted soon & able to return to the track. Also Kurt, hope you are better soon & able to join us on track.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2017, 09:32:35 AM +0100 »

I have received news from Roger (Roguk). He has had a tough time of it recently with some funerals, health problems and to top it all he had his computer and peripherals stolen.

He says he will return to GTL as soon as he is able to.

Damn..

Please pass on my sympathy and best wishes. Hope we'll see him again soon.

Cheers,
Erling
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2017, 09:45:15 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the comments, My setup is a softer back end and I ended up with 70% power 10% coast diff
I think I knocked the front spring up to 70 as well. For the previous race It was different, as here for some reason
Ziu's understeer wore the fronts much faster thanthe rears.
I tried the Div 2 80 car, but I am faster in the understeery beast. Different skill level I assume.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2017, 01:47:58 PM +0100 »

With regards to driving these cars; Div 1 in particular (Clive), I think the most important is a sensitive right foot - too much lead in it and it will end badly..

Setup is trial and error each time for me - never know what will or won't work in advance.  Here, on this bumpy track, I ended up with fairly soft springs and very hard fast bump/rebound settings.  How the latter works is still a mystery to me.  Have used hard settings on other bumpy tracks too (with other cars) - maybe they need to be hard to cope with the fast changes on the bumpy surface ?  (If some setup whiz could comment on this it would be great)  With all the different setup parameters, there's so many iterations that I can't possibly try them all, so whatever I end up with can no doubt be improved.  I go after what gives me the fastest laptimes, while still being stable - no use going fast if I fly off every other lap..

My power diff was 30%.  Tried higher settings before on previous tracks, as I would like good traction out of slow corners, but typically lose the rear when trying to power out of corners.  On one track it was distinctly better on the first 2-3 laps on a new set of tyres, but as soon as a little wear accumulated, I lost control, so had to go with the more sedate settings.

Cheers,
Erling
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 03:13:35 PM +0100 »

Thanks for your comments Erling.

Even in the Div2 cars I am finding that an "educated" right foot works better than beating the accelerator with a large stick out of each and every corner. Being smooth is definitely what it is all about, although I am struggling to get my head around the setup parameters that will help me do that. I am still at the point and squirt stage, although I am getting some success with diff settings allowing me to feed in some gas mid corner and promote a little power on oversteer. That's where the educated right foot fails the entrance exam!!!

But, I think I get sort of frustrated with the turbo lag in the Div1 cars and consequently press the gas pedal too hard and too soon, to try and get things moving. Then, when that power arrives quite suddenly in a large lump, things go pear shaped very quickly  Roll Eyes.

I much prefer the wide power delivery of the big V8 yankmobiles, and especially the limitless torque of that 5.7 Maserati  Grin

I will continue to race these cars and hope that my antique brain can re-programme to deal with this ultra modern technology  blink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 03:17:33 PM +0100 »

I am still at the point and squirt stage
That will be an age thing Clive

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2017, 04:10:39 PM +0100 »

But, I think I get sort of frustrated with the turbo lag in the Div1 cars and consequently press the gas pedal too hard and too soon, to try and get things moving. Then, when that power arrives quite suddenly in a large lump, things go pear shaped very quickly  Roll Eyes.

I much prefer the wide power delivery of the big V8 yankmobiles, and especially the limitless torque of that 5.7 Maserati  Grin

I will continue to race these cars and hope that my antique brain can re-programme to deal with this ultra modern technology  blink

As long as the car is rolling at reasonable speed relative to 1st or 2nd gear, I'm not that bothered by the lag - boost builds quickly in these gears. It's when starting from or near standstill; that just takes forever (like after my shunt).

Love that Maserati too - if only it could get a little of the Capri grip...  Smiley

Ultra modern ?  Weren't these last raced in the 1980s ?  Grin

Cheers,
Erling
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com