by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 09:30:16 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17FAEC Sepang: July 31, 2017
July 31, 2017, 08:41:39 PM +0100 - Sepang - UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#1) GTC-TC-76 2 +1.013
100.753mph
1 1:01:40.961
93.664mph
28 2:04.207
99.674mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#55) GTC-TC-76 3 +4.312
98.118mph
2 +1:35.115
91.317mph
28 2:05.327
98.783mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Capri Turbo (#53) GTC-TC-76 4 +7.715
95.542mph
3 +1L
89.731mph
27 2:09.701
95.452mph
Dunlop  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 5 +8.727
94.801mph
4 +12.734
89.425mph
27 2:11.464
94.172mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 7 +9.838
94.001mph
5 +45.670
88.644mph
27 2:12.630
93.344mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#2) GTC-TC-76 6 +1:01.809
88.266mph
27 2:10.080
95.174mph
Goodyear  
55steve55
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 8 +10.629
93.440mph
7 +1:05.081
88.190mph
27 2:12.163
93.674mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 6 +8.842
94.718mph
8 +3L 25 2:10.432
94.917mph
suspension
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#55) GTC-TC-76 1 2:01.864
101.590mph
9 +15L 13 2:02.860
100.767mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
2:01.864
101.590mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Ford Capri TurboJuly 31, 2017, 08:41:39 PM +0100
L17FAEC
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
2:02.860
100.767mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Race
Ford Capri TurboJuly 31, 2017, 08:41:39 PM +0100
L17FAEC
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup - Sepang - Jul 31  (Read 4329 times)
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 04:20:41 PM +0100 »

Clive:
Since you never got a answer about lap times, I checked my game log, and it says my top time is a  212.4 that would be with race fuel and setup.  Since you are always faster than I am you can work with that.  That is a Div 2/81 car,  most laps are + 1 or 2 seconds above that I think.
Glad to see you back in action Roger!!!

Bob M.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:49:27 PM +0100 by Bob M. » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 04:22:08 PM +0100 »

I am at Castle Coombe this Saturday competing in the Dick Mayo Sprint if anyone is around the area with nothing better to do  Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 09:02:17 PM +0100 »

Clive:
Since you never got a answer about lap times, I checked my game log, and it says my top time is a  212.4 that would be with race fuel and setup.  Since you are always faster than I am you can work with that.  That is a Div 2/81 car,  most laps are + 1 or 2 seconds above that I think.
Glad to see you back in action Roger!!!

Bob M.

First....
@ Matt
Ironically my first attempts in the Div 2 cars last weekend were not far off 2:16!! But, TBH I knew that they were not fast enough. I was making too many errors and having to lift off the gas, and with these cars it seems to be about maintaining momentum and keeping that turbo in the sweet zone.

Second
@ Bob

Thanks for that info. In previous races I have tended to take the Div2  80 (or 79) cars simply because I found the turbo surge too much for my simple brain functions. So, over the last half hour, I started with what I know and have progressed to the awesome power that is the 81 Div 2 cars!!  Shocked

Best lap thus far is sub 2:10, maybe with a few tweaks to the setup and some smoother lines I might crack 2:09. or even dip into 2:08's. I suspect that tyre wear will play a big part in what my race pace might be, because at 100% attack rubber appears to evaporate from the rims!!!

third..
@all

I also tried a Div 1 car. Getting all cocky and confident with myself  Roll Eyes... after some very embarrassing laps testing armco and gravel traps, I finally hooked up a 2:05. So I am guessing that if a ham footed geriatric like me can wrestle one of these Div 1 monsters around in that time, then the "experts" at the front of the grid will be close to the 2:00 mark!!!

I am currently negotiating time off for good behaviour and might be able to get up to Castle Coombe Saturday. There are a couple of possible things that might sabotage my plans, but can I still use the same mob No that you gave me before Matt?. If I can get there I will text you on arrival and we can meet up. If you don't hear from me I was thwarted by a force far greater than me...my wife!!! Wink
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:06:16 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
55steve55

Waltzinblack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 09:45:08 PM +0100 »

In true tailender style, my early times are 2:08.6 and 2:13.8 for A and B. A good pitstop strategy looks all-important once again.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 01:04:33 PM +0100 »

Big network problems with my main pc (not the one I'm racing with) - no internet-connection. Still searching for the bug-fix.
So I fear I'll have to miss this one, all the more I had no time at all over the weekend to do any practice.

Have fun guys.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 10:09:39 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 06:03:18 AM +0100 »

I am at Castle Coombe this Saturday competing in the Dick Mayo Sprint if anyone is around the area with nothing better to do  Roll Eyes

How did the Sprint go on Saturday Matt?

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 08:43:49 AM +0100 »

Was a good day Bill.
Clive the non evil one came along for a couple of hours, which was well cool  thumbup1 thumbup1 thumbup1

Trouble with that was he could point out just how fast I was not going  laugh
In car from the run he watched from Quarry. Look carefully you might see him lurking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoknaYJE2qk

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 09:23:30 AM +0100 »

Easy race for me. Was never going to match the pace of Ziu and Erling and no-one else was in a Class A car so knew I had 3rd in the bag unless something bad happened. Soon had suitably large gaps between the fast top two and Geoffers who was the fastest of the cars following me. Perfect pit stop at Lap13/14. Managed to catch Geoffers, who had passed me when I pitted, when he pitted. With Ziu's departure I had an unexpected 2nd in class and also 2nd overall. Really enjoyed chucking the car around this circuit with most of it providing a good flow between turns.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:25:12 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 09:24:23 AM +0100 »

Bill beat me to the punch on that question Matt.
It was good to meet and put a face to an online name, something I enjoy doing whenever I can.  Sorry that I had to scoot off before your second run on Saturday, but I trust that you at least maintained your 5th place, and maybe even improved??

Grats to Erling and Tony on last nights results in Div 1 and to Geoffers for some impressive pace in taking the Div 2 win. I'm not sure what Arnold did to my car between last week and Monday evening, but I was at least 1.5 secs off my PB through qually and struggled to get anywhere near 2:10 during the race. We won't talk about the fiasco around my pitstop...OK, maybe just to amuse those who missed the comic performance here is a quick resume.
I was only thinking about taking a pitstop during the next few laps at around half distance, no need for fuel I had plenty of that left. The Matt who was just ahead took a very strange line around the final hairpin and for some inexplicable reason my car decided to follow him onto the grass alongside the pit entry, where we performed a pas de deux with much spinning of wheels etc. I think Matt found the correct route to the pit entry, whilst I resumed my lap.
Next time around I went for my pitstop.....
Made a bit of a Horlicks of the approach to the limiter area, but got the speed down and hit the button.
Cruised down that unbelievably long pit lane to the lonely speck that was my pit manager.
Pulled up ( first time!!) in the correct place
Ran through the pit board and although I fumbled over which items to select, ignoring any repairs to bodywork or suspension ( not sure where I damaged the suspension??) just taking tyres.
Pit stop complete as Matt screamed down the S/F straight and remembered to hit the speed limiter as I pulled away from the pit box
waited and waited and waited for the end of the pit lane before punching the key to release the pit limiter
GO!! GO!! GO!!  foot down and the turbo spins up................................aaaarrrrgggghhh! "speeding in pitlane" penalty. I can only think that I was a fraction too eager on releasing the speed limiter??
One more lap and yet another chaotic entry to the pitlane, losing more time and the trip down what seemed to be an even longer pit lane. I'm sure that my pit manager has something against me, because he made me wait for around 30 minutes in my pit box!!
Crawled out of the pits and was a lap down on everyone. Geoffers appeared from the pits a lap or two later, and I apologise for hassling him to allow me to unlap myself.
The decision to not repair suspension was proving to be a mistake as there were some odd things happening on corner entry and eventually my suicidal pace pushed the car past the point where I could hold it on the road. The trip onto the grass and into the barriers signalled the end of my race. I was never going to be anywhere but last and with only 2 laps to go I parked it.

Believe it or not I feel that I am ( just ) about getting to grips with these horrible cars, now that the season is coming to an end??

The red mist descended and I just blitzed the next few laps setting my fastest

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 09:29:49 AM +0100 »

@ Clive - I think you did the right thing, ignoring that suspension damage and just getting new tyres and fuel. Unfortunately these cars do not handle well after a pit stop involving repairs to body or suspension so it's better to ignore the damage.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 09:30:30 AM +0100 »

Sepang is one of the better Tilke tracks IMHO; some corners with a nice flow - especially the 2nd/3rd gear double righthander.  Still too many 1st gear corners though (6 in my case).

With both Geoffers & John deserting to Div.2 yesterday, Div.1 was severely amputated - all you had to do to secure a podium place, was completing the warmup lap..  Wink

Chuffed with knocking 1 sec off my pb in qual, but of course still behind Ziu.  After the race started, he quickly built a gap of 4-5 secs and then seemed to just maintain it for a few laps. Behind me, I was extending the gap to Tony.  Ziu apparently got bored with the slow pace and started stretching the gap.  Looking to become a lonely and boring race (if cars this intense can ever be boring..).  At the time he pitted, at the end of L13, the gap was around 11 secs.   Did one more lap myself, and to my surprise found Ziu still in the pits when I entered.

Ziu exited the pits and then shortly after disconnected.  Replay reveals a freak incident, where the rear kicks out as he brakes before the pits, and unfortunately hits the barrier. Seems he fell foul of the repair bug, ending up with a car with no rear grip at all.  Truly bad luck Ziu; you had the race firmly in your hand at the time.

With Ziu's exit, I could grab the win instead. Only excitement came from passing a few Div.2 cars - thanks all for not making it difficult.  Late in the race I caught Geoffers & John having a battle.  Hoped they could see on XD that I had plenty of time, and just continued their battle, as I could just pass on one of the straight sections.  Regrettably, I think John lifted off as I passed, and Geoffers seized the opportunity to slip past too.

Grats to the podium in both classes, and commiserations to those with bad luck - Ziu, Clive and Kurt for missing out entirely.

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:57:05 PM +0100 by Erling G-P » Logged
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 09:44:44 AM +0100 »

@ Clive - I think you did the right thing, ignoring that suspension damage and just getting new tyres and fuel. Unfortunately these cars do not handle well after a pit stop involving repairs to body or suspension so it's better to ignore the damage.

Echo that - If Div.2 cars are similar to Div.1, repairs gives you a car with no rear grip at all; simply impossible to drive.

Cheers,
Erling
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 10:47:34 AM +0100 »

@Clive:
I drove harder on 2nd timed run, but wasted time waggling the tail too much, and went a few tenths slower  Sad
Roger was fastest raw time in our class, I was 3rd, Tim in the supercharged S2k was 7 tenths faster than me
but after handicap Roger was 2nd just a couple of tenths behind Howard in one of the MX5s
I was 5th or 6th, not sure.

I lost a lot of time last night having to stop carefully, each time my screen went black, and came back after a few
seconds, didn't seem to be the same issue I have on my other box which minimises to desktop. This "seemed" to
be graphics card related, so I stuck a big desk fan blowing at it for the race, it still froze 3 times I think in the race
but I just pulled left and slowed as there were no other cars within a few secs in any of the times it did it.
Lost me some time, that may have been one of the times I lost the pit entry, not sure. Was dependant on being
lapped, or would not have had quite enough fuel.  Roll Eyes

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 04:36:57 PM +0100 »

Good to be back after 3 weeks off.

Recent races in the Div1 cars had not been very exciting, so I decided to try Div2 for this race. Was intending to take the '79 car but did not get around to any testing so went with the '80 car as I had a setup for that from pre-season testing at Istanbul. In practice it felt pretty good, just needing tyre pressure & gearing adjustments to qualify fastest Div2 car in 4th, although I was expecting Clive & Matt to give me more trouble in the race.

Just one problem, I was a lap & a half short on fuel, so should I run a steady pace conserving fuel & hope to get lapped or go for it & make a pitstop. Was still deciding when the race started but could not resist giving it a blast & seeing how things went. Turned out to be a fairly lonely race, the Div1 cars disappeared into the distance & I eased away from John in the next Div2 car. When the Div1 cars pitted I actually led for a couple of laps until Erling cruised past to regain the lead.

With 5-6 laps left it was clear I would not be lapped if I kept going so I pitted for a splash & dash, came out just ahead of another Div2 car who I thought was John but actually turned out to be Clive who was a lap behind. He was clearly faster than me on my very slidey tyres so I let him past only to skate off the track half a lap later letting John overtake me. Caught back up to him & felt a little guilty when he slowed to let Erling lap him & I nipped past as well, but he also seemed to be struggling with his tyres & I thought he would have to pit too to get to the end so I pressed on. Turned out John made the distance without pitting, well done mate.

Congrats to Erling & Tony  clap clap & bad luck to Ziu.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com