by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 09:04:04 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17FAEC Singapore: September 04, 2017
September 04, 2017, 08:41:49 PM +0100 - Singapore - UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#55) GTC-TC-76 1 2:05.974
90.684mph
1 55:37.371
82.152mph
24 2:07.685
89.469mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#1) GTC-TC-76 2 +2.767
88.735mph
2 +13.879
81.812mph
24 2:09.386
88.293mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 5 +8.979
84.651mph
3 +2:04.980
79.187mph
24 2:16.054
83.966mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#2) GTC-TC-76 6 +11.113
83.333mph
4 +1L
78.557mph
23 2:17.752
82.931mph
Goodyear  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 8 +12.804
82.318mph
5 +19.370
78.104mph
23 2:18.611
82.417mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#53) GTC-TC-76 7 +12.477
82.512mph
6 +42.999
77.560mph
23 2:19.825
81.701mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 9 +15.731
80.617mph
7 +1:01.502
77.138mph
23 2:18.811
82.298mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Capri Turbo (#53) GTC-TC-76 3 +7.267
85.738mph
8 +17L 7 2:16.375
83.768mph
suspension
Dunlop  
55steve55
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 9 +19L 5 2:24.406
79.109mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#55) GTC-TC-76 4 +8.140
85.180mph
10 +21L 3 2:18.297
82.604mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
2:05.974
90.684mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Ford Capri TurboSeptember 04, 2017, 08:41:49 PM +0100
L17FAEC
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
2:07.685
89.469mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Race
Ford Capri TurboSeptember 04, 2017, 08:41:49 PM +0100
L17FAEC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup - Singapore - Sep 4  (Read 5621 times)
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 09:03:14 PM +0100 »

If only I knew where I was going  Huh and how will I know when I get there?? Is there a sign that says you are here? what is the difference between here and there, if we don't know where here is?

Well at least you have some laptimes as reference, for both classes.  That's more than you usually get in this series.  All I know is that no matter how fast I go, the  censored aliens are always faster still  Undecided

Cheers,
Erling
55steve55

Waltzinblack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2017, 12:09:21 AM +0100 »

Initial lap times of 2:25 in DIV2 for me and hoping to shave perhaps 5 secs off before the race.

But I'll need a combination of consistancy and others' misfortunes to get amongst even the middle third of the group, but I agree with Erling, I quite like this track. So, my aim is to finish and enjoy!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2017, 04:01:20 PM +0100 »

Best that I have managed in the Div1 car is a 2:14 but I didn't touch a wall once.

BTW when leaving the pits after your stop for fuel etc do not trust the speed limiter. Mine didn't work after a pit stop but if you stay in 1st gear and take it easy you should rejoin without a penalty.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Redvaliant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 05:11:09 PM +0100 »

How do. I think I have my install sorted, at least I hope that the clean install I made last week is working fine with the assorted mods loaded - I tested this track earlier in the week. I know this track from other games and I still got lost around the back of the circuit....nope and nope again with a trailer attached carrying all the nopes needed for several days of nope:) Not for me. I'll try for the following one. Cheers, Daniel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2017, 05:14:04 PM +0100 »

Hi Daniel. Some of our drivers prefer to have a separate install for each series. How to create a copy install in detailed here https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13237.msg238743#msg238743

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2017, 07:28:22 PM +0100 »

Tony won't be racing tonight not been able to practice. Damaged shin and flexing ankle is painful, also grandson has come to stay for a couple of days to ride across Exmore, Dartmouth on his new KTM 1290 Super Adventure S to get some miles on it.  scooter
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 07:30:32 PM +0100 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2017, 08:55:39 PM +0100 »

Concrete wall -v- Front Spoiler. Concrete won. Car now understeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery. Retired.

Get better soon Bill.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2017, 09:04:54 PM +0100 »

Concrete wall -v- Front Spoiler. Concrete won. Car now understeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery. Retired.

Yeh, same here.

Hope you are better soon Bill.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:29:22 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2017, 10:04:31 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted.

55steve55

Waltzinblack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2017, 10:26:37 PM +0100 »

I, too/three was despoilered!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2017, 10:48:59 AM +0100 »

Before I post anything else, these cars are still not anywhere near the top of my favourites list. Huge grats to Ziu and Erling and for their ability to control the Div 1 cars at the pace they showed. I just don't know how you guys do that and not wreck yourselves on the concrete walls??!!

One or two comments were made about my laptimes last night, quoting my initial 2:25 attempt in a Div 2 car. In my defence ( I was not playing mind games or sandbagging lol ) I did post my progress as the laptimes came down to around 2:16.
It was not until Pre race practice on the server last night, that I dipped into the low 2:15's. I suspect that most of you would agree that to drive quickly you must have confidence in the setup/handling to push close to the limits all around the circuit. Half way through qually I increased the coast side of the diff by one click to try and stop the tail flicking out on turn in, and reduced the power side by one click to give me a little more controllable power on oversteer on the exit. That gained me another second per lap and a much more stable car.
 At the end of qually Geoffers was in the 2:13's and I was on a lap that promised to be faster than him...........but that was a step too far and I clouted the wall hard.      So that was how I arrived at my qually time by a progress of gradual improvement 

I knew that I wanted to avoid any thoughts of a pitstop ( my skill in that area still needs some work) and I also knew that tyre wear could be a real problem if I tried to run at my qually pace. Ahead of me were Ziu. Erling and Tony in Div 1 cars and Geoffers in a Div 2 car. I did not expect to be able to trouble Ziu and Erling in those missiles with wheels.
But Tony's qually time was not too much faster than mine and he would have to make a pitstop, so he might be vulnerable if I could keep the gap minimal until he stopped. But Geoffers in a Div 2 car was going to be a real challenge!! His experience in preserving tyres and pace throughout a race vs my tendency to spin up the rear tyres and run out of rubber when racing hard, left me expecting a second in class at best.
The first lap was careful on cold tyres and that was made a little easier because Tony and Geoffers were disputing 3rd spot whilst Ziu and Erling checked out ahead.

Then a couple of things just fell into my lap. Geoffers was very slow through the Esses at the end of the lap and I grabbed the chance to stick my car down the inside to get ahead. I was pushing hard to stay ahead of Geoffers and was wondering how long I could maintain that pace without running out of rubber?? My pace was keeping Tony in sight and he was leaving lots of rubber smoke in the air. Then he missed one of those camouflaged right hand turns and ran down the escape road. .... I had risen to 3rd place!! But Geoffers was only a couple of seconds back and more than capable of catching me. I could only hope that his qually time was done on low fuel where my was on full tanks?
I was slowly stretching the gap, but at what cost to my tyres and was Geoffers being "clever"? and playing the waiting game. Then what I suspect were a couple of small mistakes by Geoffers gave me another few seconds and a little respite. When he retired I almost crashed myself as I scanned the positions list to see where he was!!  After a lap or two I realised that Geoffers was out and Matt was the next car behind, but that was around 17 secs back.
I was now able to ease off and just watch the gap back to Matt. I did catch Ziu and Erling as they left the pits, but that was not a race that I was going to be part of, so I let them go and concentrated on 3rd spot.
The race became quite boring, watching the gap and the tyres as the laps counted down until frustration almost cost me the race on the penultimate lap. I wondered if I could get a 2:15 lap on ( badly ) worn tyres? Exiting that small chicane I spun up the rear wheels a little too much and it speared left. I managed to get the brakes on and reduce the front end impact. Even so, there was definitely something wrong with the handling after that, but with only a lap to go and a big safety margin I was able to cruise to the finish and 3rd spot.

I confess that I did do some serious pre race practice for this race and with these cars, maybe about 3 hrs total?. Normally I would only do 20-30 minutes at most for any races, even if I do not know the track. Also, my request for clues to what pace would be expected was genuine, as I had decided to try and master these cars and had no idea what pace to expect around here. I suspect that in future information like that might not be so forthcoming? Roll Eyes

Just to be open and honest here, I did try the Div 1 cars as well. My best lap around Singapore was a 2:09, but as I confessed to Erling, I felt that lap was a total fluke and it would need many more hours practice to repeat that consistently.  It will be some time before I race a Div 1 car!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2017, 12:52:19 PM +0100 »

Yes my qually time was on low fuel Clive, but I was able to do 2.14s regularly on full tanks in practice. Intrigued by your statement about upping the coast diff to stop the tail spinning out on turn in, I was having the opposite problem, the car understeering into the turns. That is why I was slow on lap one in that twisty section, I could not get the front to bite. It maybe that there is a chassis difference between the 80 & 81 cars.

Anyway my race was very disappointing, I clouted the wall more times in the first 3 laps than I had done in 25-30 laps of testing. Eventually I hit the wall that sticks out exiting the very sharp LHer half way around the lap, ended up facing the wrong way on the racing line just as Matt & Co were approaching so hit 'Esc' to avoid any potential accident.

Congrats to the podium, cya all at Riverside.  thumbup1
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2017, 03:27:22 PM +0100 »

FWIW Geoffers...

I too had major probs getting the front to turn in during my testing sessions, until I realised that I was trailing the throttle and not actually allowing the coast side of the diff to work. Also discovered that the front tyres would not brake and turn at the same time, so it was necessary to take my foot completely off the brake and the gas to get the car to turn.
 It took a lot of concentration, and faith, to allow the car to roll into the corner apex under pure momentum, before getting on the gas pedal to invoke a little oversteer under acceleration. Then it was a balancing act to keep the rear end from breaking away whilst getting the max power onto the road.

I suspect that the extra coast side diff was required to compensate for all of the other things I had done to try and force the car to rotate? I had already, amongst other things tried and discarded:-

raised the rear ( to put more load on the front tyres)
 lowered the front ( ditto)
 reduced the front A/R bar
 Raised the rear A/R bar
 lowered the front bump
 raised the rear bump
 increased the toe in on front
 reduced tow out on rear
 even changed tyre pressures
 reduced the clutches ( locking )

In the process I probably negated any differences in chassis differences between 80 & 81?

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2017, 07:40:23 PM +0100 »

Holiday greetings  Grin :

Results

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2017, 09:54:16 PM +0100 »

First of all a get well soon to Bill - hope the injury isn't serious.

Race was very boring and utterly lonely.  Overshot under braking on cold tyres on L2, giving Tony the opportunity to slip past.  Reclaimed 2nd when he went wide at T2/3 the following lap.  Soon after he left, while ahead Ziu was quickly gone.  Met up with him again in the pits; he must have spent more time with the pit board, as the gap was shortened when we left (or maybe he started with less fuel). Clive got sandwiched between us, but let me past as he said.

Ziu quickly disappeared again, and 2nd half was as lonely as the 1st, apart from lapping a few cars towards the end.  Had a splitting migraine, so took some perseverance to complete the race with the screaming Capri, especially given I could just have stopped and scored the same class result anyway.

Grats to Ziu on unmatchable pace and the win, grats to Mr 2:25 (Clive)  Cheesy on the Div 2 win and the rest of the podium there.  Commiserations to Geoffers & Tony.

Div 1 has become pretty pointless, with only 3 drivers, with greatly segregated laptimes. Ziu will never be challenged, I can only hope he screws up, and Tony can only hope the same for Ziu and me. Just show up and do a lap, and you're guarantied a podium finish. Not much challenge in that  Sad   Thus strongly contemplating leaving it too, if the 3 of us all want to do that.

As some have suggested, it's probably a good idea to stick to one of the classes, if we (hopefully) use these cars again in upcoming seasons.  Liking extremes as I do, I'd prefer it to be Div 1, but will of course go with Div 2, if that's the chosen one.

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:05:18 AM +0100 by Erling G-P » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com