by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 03:47:52 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17BOSS MAR: October 09, 2017
October 09, 2017, 08:41:47 PM +0100 - MAR - UKGTL Season 17 Mustang Boss 302 Challenge
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Shelby Boss 302 (#16) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.109
92.770mph
1 37:08.067
91.065mph
20 1:49.584
92.577mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Boss 302 (#99) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.652
92.311mph
2 +20.310
90.242mph
20 1:50.840
91.528mph
Goodyear  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Boss 302 (#40) GTC-TC-76 5 +3.037
90.351mph
3 +38.634
89.513mph
20 1:51.438
91.036mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Shelby Boss 302 (#83) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.940
90.429mph
4 +55.066
88.868mph
20 1:50.786
91.572mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Shelby Boss 302 (#100) GTC-TC-76 7 +4.735
89.005mph
5 +1:09.298
88.318mph
20 1:52.702
90.015mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Shelby Boss 302 (#302) GTC-TC-76 6 +3.424
90.040mph
6 +1:14.445
88.120mph
20 1:52.648
90.059mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Shelby Boss 302 (#37) GTC-TC-76 9 +8.255
86.338mph
7 +1L
86.321mph
19 1:54.875
88.313mph
Goodyear  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Shelby Boss 302 (#100) GTC-TC-76 10 +12.881
83.068mph
8 +2L
81.130mph
18 1:59.435
84.941mph
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Shelby Boss 302 (#27) GTC-TC-76 1 1:49.247
92.862mph
9 +5L 15 1:49.707
92.473mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Shelby Boss 302 (#302) GTC-TC-76 8 +5.266
88.592mph
10 +9L 11 1:53.606
89.299mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:49.247
92.862mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Shelby Boss 302October 09, 2017, 08:41:47 PM +0100
L17BOSS
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
1:49.584
92.577mph
Geoffers
Race
Shelby Boss 302October 09, 2017, 08:41:47 PM +0100
L17BOSS
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 Mustang Boss 302 Challenge - MAR - Oct 9  (Read 3282 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 12:39:27 PM +0100 »

Good fun, strange though, I tested with a different car, and it was very tail happy, but I picked another one
with no great reason for this, and it was an understeery barge, and it wore the fronts out super fast.
Could not get down too my previous pace, but enjoyed chasing Roger  Grin
Not sure if some actually model the rear wing that some of them look to have or not.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 01:23:03 PM +0100 »

Grats to Erling for  championship and Grats to Geoffers for second. 

I could win this race but as happened several times this years I had a problem. When happened it I was sure that was an hardware issue but not has been so,  Erling know the truth I sent to him a PM.  But what that I don't like is that me and Geoffers lost an other opportunity to get a true challenge. Qualy promised good just 0,1 second but my problem blocked me again too much times this year,  sorry Geoffers I m sure that you wanted it how me.... Same car on same track.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 02:30:15 PM +0100 »

Bad luck there Ziu, could have been a close finish, we had similar pace, it was the start that made the difference.

New track to me, so did a few laps on Sunday to learn it, used the same setup I had for Watkins Glen. Kept messing up my qually laps & only got a clean lap in near the end, so was not too confident of doing the race without some mistakes.

Got a blinding start, minimal wheelspin & the car just hooked up & went, could not believe how big a lead I had at the end of the first lap. Was expecting Ziu to close the gap but it stayed around 3s for the first half of the race until the car started to get more tricky to drive. Understeer into corners increased as did oversteer out & Ziu started to get closer. Got a bit of a break when Ziu lost a couple of seconds & then a big break when he disappeared altogether leaving me well ahead of Erling. Had one slight moment when the car got away from me at T7/8 & I had a trip across the grass so took it a bit easier over the last 3-4 laps.

Congrats to Erling & John on the podium. clap clap

Big Congrats to Erling on winning the championship, superb consistent driving, well deserved.  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 04:44:20 PM +0100 »

Thanks guys; loved the car and the series has been a blast.  Surprised and proud to make off with the Championship, since I'm usually not fast in the U.S. heavy metal.

Despite early congratulations from Ziu, nothing was set in stone going into this last race. I knew he & Geoffers would be quicker than me, and if he won, which seemed most likely, I couldn't afford to finish any lower than 3rd.  In that regard, Clive's absence was a relief, as he's often been quicker than me in this series.

Got a worried frown during qual, when I followed Bob over a few laps, seemingly without getting closer.  With his usual consistency, I could be in trouble if he matched or let alone bested my speed.  Anyway, accomplished in qual what I couldn't do in near 100 practice laps, when I got below 1:50.  Temporarely pipped Geoffers for 2nd, but he rolled out an extra pair of tentacles and sucked it back  alien 

Comparing my time with the rest of the pack looked reassuring for 3rd, as I was comfortably faster.  Rude wake up at race start, when Bob mugged not only me, but Ziu too.  The latter made short work of him a couple of corners later (team order...?  Grin), when he went past.  Lot harder for me.  Bob had small moments here and there, but not big enough for me to exploit. Behind me, John was making advances, so had to defend against him too. Got past Bob in the final corner of L3 - apologies for the slight contact Bob; not my intentions and a bit rude.

No time to relax as I tried to build a gap; Bob more than matched my speed, and the slightest mistake or hesitation would shorten the gap immediately.  After some laps, Bob & John swapped places. Didn't make my task much easier, as John is just as tenacious in pursuit.  Gradually got a small gap, but the two gents remained in my mirror for most of the race, keeping me on my toes.

Around L15, I thought I was about to lap another car, but found it to be Ziu, who had obviously had an off. He went off again next lap, handing me 2nd and shortly after retiring.  Sorry about that Ziu - would have been perfectly happy with 3rd and the Championship.

Grats to Geoffers on the win and 2nd in the series  clap clap  Both grats and commiserations to Ziu for 3rd  thumbup1
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 07:11:16 PM +0100 »

Results

Cool

Nice one in the opening stages including a close fight with Tony Smiley.
After a spin I lost my rhythm, had some offs and eventually got a Stop & Go penalty.
After the S&G I came back on track just behind Bill but learned that I was already one lap down  Sad - so I decided to quit.
I assume that I missed one split time during my last off which led to the fact that the lap didn't count - sh.. happens  Grin

Grats to Erling for the championship and Geoffers for the win. Bad luck again Ziu!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:12:59 PM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 07:27:17 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the results Kurt  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 02:54:00 PM +0100 »

First off congrats to Erling for his Championship in this series!!  Good fun for me, like this track and spent quite a few laps learning and practicing for the race.  No Erling I did not LET Ziu past me, he just blew by me.  My setup took a few laps to "come in" and you just happened at that time when it started to handle sorta decent, I don't use the add on info mod, so I have no idea who is behind me.  Too distracting for my old brain.... John and I had a good battle for many laps, after he passed me I tagged along after, we were very even in times and  he was better in some places and I better in others.  Never could find a opening with out wrecking us both.  Then maybe at L15 or so I saw a opening at T1 and took a risk to stick my nose under him but to avoid a collision locked up the brakes and spun plus killed the motor.  Took a long time to get it re-fired and he was 13 seconds ahead so just drove it home as no chance to catch him.  Thanks to Tony for a great series as usual. 

Bob M.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 04:56:08 PM +0100 »

First off congrats to Erling for his Championship in this series!!  Good fun for me, like this track and spent quite a few laps learning and practicing for the race.  No Erling I did not LET Ziu past me, he just blew by me.  My setup took a few laps to "come in" and you just happened at that time when it started to handle sorta decent, I don't use the add on info mod, so I have no idea who is behind me.  Too distracting for my old brain.... John and I had a good battle for many laps, after he passed me I tagged along after, we were very even in times and  he was better in some places and I better in others.  Never could find a opening with out wrecking us both.  Then maybe at L15 or so I saw a opening at T1 and took a risk to stick my nose under him but to avoid a collision locked up the brakes and spun plus killed the motor.  Took a long time to get it re-fired and he was 13 seconds ahead so just drove it home as no chance to catch him.  Thanks to Tony for a great series as usual. 

Bob M.

Thanks Bob.  You don't need the add on mod to see who's in front or behind; you can just turn on the driver tags of the game itself.  I have it assigned to a button on my wheel, so I can turn it on and off as desired during a race.  To see who's behind, you just look behind, and the tags are shown too.

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 09:53:51 PM +0100 »

These beasts have grown on me during the season and despite having to miss a few of the rounds I've really enjoyed them and hope they make a return in the future.

As Bob said we had a great battle over many laps. I really need to work on my set ups. Struggling a bit with understeer at the start moving to nicely balanced by about lap 5 through to lap 13 then as fuel burns off and tyres begin to suffer I have understeer back initially' turning into a desire to flick the rear out in the 2nd half of the turn. I managed to pass Bob entering the sweet spot handling wise when he put 2 wheels on the grass exiting T1 around lap 7 and he was never far off my rear bumper for the next 7 laps or so. I was able to make a few yards on the exit of the corners and as long as they kept coming up fast couldn't see a way for Bob to get past unless I made a mistake. Problem for me though was T1, My braking distances were getting longer and longer and I could see Bob getting more and more interested as the race progressed. It was a real shame it ended like it did. I tried to leave room for the inevitable dive up the inside into T1 and had a lingering doubt for the remainder of the race that possibly we had touched causing Bobs spin but the replay shows we didn't, not that that makes me feel any better, I was really enjoying the battle and the remaining 10 laps or so were quite lonely and a few unforced errors as concentration faltered gave Bob a few seconds back on me towards the end.

So 3rd? Better than I had dared to expect, and a new PB during the race when chasing Bob and Erling early on.

Congrats to Erling on the Championship and 2nd spot in this race, and Geoffers for the win. If Geoffers, Erling and Ziu can all get their act together in the same race it's a battle I'd pay to watch.

Thanks guys it was a blast as always.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 12:54:32 PM +0100 »

....Congrats to Erling on the Championship and 2nd spot in this race, and Geoffers for the win. If Geoffers, Erling and Ziu can all get their act together in the same race it's a battle I'd pay to watch....

Thanks for those kind words John. However, the two other gents are in a class of their own.  With very few exceptions, I can only beat them if they screw up, meet with misfortune, or maybe if the race includes a pitstop or two for some potential sneakiness...  Wink
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 02:45:23 PM +0100 »

....Congrats to Erling on the Championship and 2nd spot in this race, and Geoffers for the win. If Geoffers, Erling and Ziu can all get their act together in the same race it's a battle I'd pay to watch....

Thanks for those kind words John. However, the two other gents are in a class of their own.  With very few exceptions, I can only beat them if they screw up, meet with misfortune, or maybe if the race includes a pitstop or two for some potential sneakiness...  Wink

It may be true that Ziu & I are slightly faster than Erling (in some cars!), but where Erling is in a class of his own is consistency. He rarely makes mistakes & always finishes near the front  I Am Not Worthy. I, on the other hand seem to have spent more time off the track than on it recently!  eek
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com