by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:14:00 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17FAEC Suzuka: December 11, 2017
December 11, 2017, 09:41:43 PM +0000 - Suzuka (GP) - UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#1) GTC-TC-76 2 +1.222
105.715mph
1 56:58.526
98.476mph
26 2:03.949
104.461mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Capri Turbo (#53) GTC-TC-76 3 +7.349
100.678mph
2 +1:54.563
95.283mph
26 2:10.661
99.095mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#2) GTC-TC-76 4 +8.291
99.946mph
3 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 6 +11.093
97.830mph
4 +1L
93.692mph
25 2:12.252
97.903mph
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 5 +9.797
98.798mph
5 +8.522
93.461mph
25 2:11.600
98.388mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 7 +11.567
97.481mph
6 +37.970
92.673mph
25 2:12.805
97.495mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 7 +42.765
92.546mph
25 2:13.894
96.702mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 8 +12.108
97.086mph
8 +3L 23 2:13.030
97.330mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 9 +16.286
94.137mph
9 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Capri Turbo (#69) GTC-TC-76 10 +22.541
90.042mph
10 ---
---
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 1 2:01.257
106.780mph
---
---
DQ
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
2:01.257
106.780mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Ford Capri TurboDecember 11, 2017, 09:41:43 PM +0000
L17FAEC
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
2:03.949
104.461mph
Erling G-P
Race
Ford Capri TurboDecember 11, 2017, 09:41:43 PM +0000
L17FAEC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup - Suzuka - Dec 11  (Read 3117 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2016, 02:59:33 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (1 lap rolling, 25 laps racing)

Track: Suzuka (2012), Download this

Cars allowed: Ford Capri Mk3 Turbo Download this

Only the following cars are to be selected. CLASS A DIV 1 '81, CLASS B DIV 2 '81, DIV 2 '80 and DIV 2 '79.

Car restrictions: None

Special Notes: Rolling start procedure will be implemented for this race. See below for details.

1) When qualifying ends drivers will join the grid as usual, before the timer countdown ends.

2) At the green light the pole position driver (lead driver) will be responsible for moving off at a slow pace.

3) The remaining drivers will follow the driver in front of them forming a single line formation.

4) The lead driver will increase speed as soon as it is safe to do so. The following drivers will match the speed of the car in front of them, whilst keeping a safe distance between them.

5) The lead driver will maintain slow/average speed for the duration of the lap until approaching the final corner when he will engage the speed limiter.

6) The lead driver will maintain limiter speed (limiter may be switched off) until the start line is reached. Having crossed the start line the lead car will begin race speed.

7) Following drivers may not exceed limiter speed (lead drivers speed) or attempt any overtaking until the start line is crossed.

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: ROLLING
Tyre wear: x2
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: Cars at the front of the grid may have trouble seeing the start lights. Make sure you have the in-game countdown feature turned on.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:15:47 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:02:46 AM +0000 »

This track is going to be a great finale to the series; car's a blast around here  yes
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:10:53 PM +0000 »

Just noticed, the Korea results seem to be missing from the Classes Championship tables.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 08:22:42 PM +0000 »

This track is going to be a great finale to the series; car's a blast around here  yes

I second that - although i'm quite sure that I'm far off the pace  Smiley

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 08:43:05 PM +0000 »

Just noticed, the Korea results seem to be missing from the Classes Championship tables.
Good spot Geoffers, now fixed, thank you

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 10:56:59 AM +0000 »

IMPORTANT

The start/finish straight has two lines across it, one for timing and the other for start/finish purposes.

For the rolling start lap the pole sitter will go, go , go when they reach the FIRST line. This line is under a banner that say's "Suzuka 50th" or some such.

EDIT: This is the timing line for qualy.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:25:35 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 09:40:02 PM +0000 »

Quite satisfied with an improvement of 6 seconds but still too slow - i chose the "smallest" version of the beast.

One little curiosity: when Erling lapped me right in front of the pits I went on the right side and got a cut warning  Huh.
Checked that issue during the next lap and got a cut warning again - my third - and a stop & go penalty, so I quit.

Thanks to all involved in organizing this series  thumbup1

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 10:23:19 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

(The results proved problematic so if you see an error please let me know).

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 10:35:11 PM +0000 »

Our Championship finishes and so we must applaud our Champions

CLASS A

1st - Ziu Bacubacu  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

2nd - Erling G-P  clap clap

3rd - Wiltshire Tony  Roll Eyes

CLASS B

1st - Evil Clive  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

2nd - Phspok clap clap

3rd - Bob M.  thumbup1

OVERALL

1st - Erling G-P  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

2nd - Ziu Bacubacu  clap clap

3rd - Geoffers  thumbup1

A huge thank you to everyone who took part in this series.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 11:02:01 PM +0000 »

First of all commiserations to Ziu - hope your arm gets better soon.  Nice to win the overall championship, but had hoped for a hard fight for it, instead of stealing it from an injured man Sad

Ziu started moving well before the countdown ended, and per reflex I followed, before realizing the error and slamming on the brakes again.  Very surprised not to get a jump start S/G.

With Ziu out of the picture right from the start, and Tony having discreetly moved to Div 2, I found myself in the only and now completely pointless Div 1 car.  With the speed difference between the classes, the race turned lonely already from L2.  Hoped to drop a few places back after my pit stop, so I could at least have some fun working myself back in front, but stop went fast enough for me to stay in front.

Aside from lapping Bill & Kurt (sorry you got a cut warning letting me past  Sad ), only excitement came late in the race, when I started catching the field.  As it was utterly irrelevant whether I was delayed or not, I truly hoped ppl would just carry on with their battles, and just leave it to me to find a way past.  Regrettably all were much too helpful, slowing down to let me past.  Apologies to Tony for lack of 'thank you' flash; was too focused on negotiating the curves to fumble for the light button.

To keep things interesting, I set myself the goal to see if I could lap all the Div 2 cars, but Geoffers proved too fast (a lap or two more though..  Wink)

Grats to Ziu for the Div 1 win, and Clive for the Div 2 crown (He also gets 1 prize in the 'Most griping about cars I'm really quite fast in' competition...  Grinclap clap clap

Grats also to Tony, Matt & Bob for filling the podiums in each class  clap clap - and Ziu & Geoffers in the overall  clap clap

While most races turned out less exciting than hoped for, I'll still miss driving these glorious cars. Thanks to Tony for setting it all up.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 09:42:48 AM +0000 »

Grats to Ziu for the series win and hope that your arm improves soon my friend.  clap

Erling, as the only Div 1, car was a distant memory for me after about 30 seconds of the start!! and I still have no idea how you guys pilot these cars at those speeds??!! Huh My old brain cannot process the input of information that quickly Roll Eyes

I thought that I sort of knew this track so had done no preparation, other than a 10 minute session on the server on Saturday to check that my connection was OK. I did have a reasonable idea of the track layout, but no idea of what was a competitive lap time...notice that I did not fish for info pre race???  lol

"(He also gets 1 prize in the 'Most griping about cars I'm really quite fast in' competition...  ) " maybe lol, but not even close to your pace Erling!!!  
In most cars I like to think that I can offer some hassle factor for the alien elite, but in these Capris I confess I am way out of my comfort zone. I think my win is down to other driver's misfortune or non appearance in many races. Matt and maybe one or two others,  would have undoubtedly beaten me if they had been able to race more often.

So,( to finish the season in a consistent whingeing fashion  Wink ),
I found myself wrestling with a car that had a different opinion about which direction we should be taking at each corner. That was not too bad, whilst there was still rubber on the rims to enforce my decision, but as the race progressed the car began to get the upper hand Undecided until it all got very silly.

There was a period late in the race when in a surreal series of around 5-6 laps the car and myself found some common ground  blink. I suddenly closed up on Bill and managed a pass, then I was catching Tony easily and found myself on his tail. Until...........my ability to control these missiles was exposed again and it all ended in the wall. With around 2 laps to go another trip to the wall finally ended the torture. Roll Eyes

The last time that I had checked the points, a week or two back, Matt was only 2 points behind me in the Div 2's. So when the race finished I actually thought that Matt's third place ( and my abject failure!) had collected him enough points to steal the championship. I think that I must have missed the points allocation from the penultimate race, which actually gave me a safe buffer.

TBH I feel a bit of a fraud taking the Div 2 trophy, because within myself, I do not consider that I drove well enough or consistently enough to be in contention for any silverware.

I guess I should thank Tony for setting up this series, but only if he promises not to use them again until the next century ??
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 01:10:01 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 01:23:54 PM +0000 »

I guess I should thank Tony for setting up this series, but only if he promises not to use them again until the next century ??
Look out for the 14th May 2018  whistling

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 02:02:56 PM +0000 »

Sorry, can't respond just booking a holiday for mid May 2018  Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 02:39:53 PM +0000 »

lol

Joking aside Clive; on Singapore, you practically matched my fastest time in a Div 1, if only a fluke lap as you describe, but seems you're not that far off, if you concentrate a little  Wink.  Again surprised these cars should give you so much trouble.  Only requirement to drive them is a tad delicacy with your right foot, if you ask me.  If the car was so disagreeable as you describe, dare I say that you must have made it so with your setup ?   I find them very abusable, with none of the hair yanking antics of the lowly Capri 2600 (If I did to it what I do to the Turbos, it would swap ends no ends - pun intended  Smiley)

Oh, and your pre-race non-fishing is duly noted...  Grin
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 07:13:55 PM +0000 »

Sorry guys - Autosimanalyzer cannot find/import a log file from the file posted in the replays section.
So - I fear - no results to be posted this time.  Sad

@ Tony: could that be because your results "proved problematic"?

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com