by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 09:16:04 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17FAEC Korea I.C.: November 20, 2017
November 20, 2017, 08:42:05 PM +0000 - Korea I.C. - UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 1 2:08.030
97.989mph
1 56:31.965
88.766mph
24 2:09.113
97.167mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#1) GTC-TC-76 2 +2.702
95.963mph
2 +8.930
88.533mph
24 2:11.272
95.569mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Capri Turbo (#53) GTC-TC-76 3 +8.486
91.898mph
3 +1:35.800
86.328mph
24 2:17.678
91.122mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#55) GTC-TC-76 6 +12.589
89.216mph
4 +1L
82.801mph
23 2:19.077
90.205mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#3) GTC-TC-76 7 +13.786
88.463mph
5 +32.017
82.047mph
23 2:22.170
88.243mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 4 +12.105
89.524mph
6 +10L 14 2:21.029
88.957mph
unknown
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 7 +20L 4 2:35.225
80.821mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#4) GTC-TC-76 5 +12.337
89.376mph
8 +23L 1 4:45.120
44.001mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
2:08.030
97.989mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Qualifying
Ford Capri TurboNovember 20, 2017, 08:42:05 PM +0000
L17FAEC
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
2:09.113
97.167mph
Ziu Bacubacu
Race
Ford Capri TurboNovember 20, 2017, 08:42:05 PM +0000
L17FAEC
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 Ford Asia Endurance Cup - Korea I.C. - Nov 20  (Read 2803 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 09:58:46 PM +0000 »

Tried restarting GTL and still no sound on track just a few hiccup noises, go to garage and hear ambient sounds, but no car or ambient sounds when on track, tried different cars Porsche etc still no sound, opened media player and music plays fine even when GTL is running. Just tried GTL again no sound and intermittent sound on loading screens. Annoying earlier this evening GTL ran fine.   
I get that exact same thing every now and again. Although everything appears to be working the sound is just a lot of pops and crackles. The only thing that I have found to fix it is a system reboot.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 10:04:35 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted.

Sorry again for the password error. I forgot to attend to the server.

It's going to be interesting at Suzuka isn't it Ziu/Erling  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 10:17:44 PM +0000 »

Internet went down on 1st flying lap.  Huh

TTFN
John.

It scared the heck out of me, I was braced for a massive crash.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 09:51:09 AM +0000 »

Grats to Ziu and Erling and to Geoffers, they were all in a class of their own.

Hard Luck To John for his disco it looked like we were set for a battle after a close qualifying with Bob. Erling and Ziu were light years faster in their Div 1 cars, Geoffers was in Div 1.5 and nothing to do with us mortals in Div 2  Roll Eyes

I know now that I really should have tried and practised this track a lot more, well let's say that I know that now!!!

By the time qually had ended I had finally got the track fixed in my mind, although there were several places where I was most definitely not on the optimum line. What I had not realised was just how critical tyre wear might be Undecided.
In an attempt to find more pace I had tweaked the setup that had served me well for several races. Big mistake!! Yes,  it was quicker for the first few laps as I had dreams of glory whilst holding on to Geoffers tailpipes.......until it dawned on me that I had expended about 25% of my rubber inside 3 laps???!! I abandoned my pursuit of Geoffers after running wide on rapidly wearing tyres and tried to smooth out my driving to make it to the flag.
But the damage had been done, and by half distance I was truly struggling to keep the car on the track. A multitude off "offs" and spins that involved some contact with barriers, which had damaged the suspension making control even more difficult.
 By lap 13 the car was almost undriveable and each spin was removing more grip from the tyres to such an extent, that I was never going to get to the finish.
SO I MADE A PITSTOP !!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I was switched on enough to cancel any fuel and was intending to just get fresh rubber. But just as I punched the "Enter" key to get Arnold and Mabel changing tyres, I noticed that there were two entries on the clipboard for "repairs"Huh?. Too late!! 
Over 2 minutes later I emerged from the pits with a new car and tyres....but as others have warned previously     pit repairs=strange handling    The car was as bad ( if not worse ) after the stop and 2 laps later I had spun, hit the wall and run wide too many times.

Running dead last and at least a lap behind with a car that was an absolute nightmare, I took the coward's way out and quit. I was going to be a hazard to cars that would lap me because I just could not guarantee to drive in a straight line or stay on the tarmac.

Last round at Suzuka can't come soon enough....looking forward to seeing Erling and Ziu fight it out. But, I think I might have to do some proper preparation for that round  Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 04:29:04 PM +0000 »

Down with a cold presently, so not in too great shape for yesterday's race; most 'exiting' moment in an otherwise uneventful race was when I got a coughing fit - not easy to maintain control..

New pb in qual, when I got below 2:11 for the first time.  Didn't matter the slightest though, with Ziu an impossible 2.7 secs faster, and an uncharacteristically slow Tony back in the middle of the Div 2 pack.

First part of the race went as expected. With Ziu soon gone, and the rest of the field far back, I was all alone.  Borrowed the lead for a few laps, when Ziu went for an early stop.  Rejoined behind Geoffers after my own stop, but he kindly let me past.  Some excitement towards the end: Gap to Ziu was over 20 secs, when it started dropping.  His tyres were gone, and I gained first 2, then 4 secs a lap.  My own tyres were far from mint anymore, but gave it my all in those final laps.  Not enough, as the gap was still 8+ secs when the race ended.

Grats to Ziu & Geoffers, and commiserations to John, Roger & Clive, with their various problems.

Not sure I agree about the excitement for the final round.  Unless Ziu fails completely to show, Div 1 is decided. Hypothetically I could win the overall, but it would require Ziu to get hit by problems, or make an unnecessary mistake.  In terms of pure speed, there's really no competition between us.
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 04:32:03 PM +0000 »

Not a good race for me.  My old brain cells never got this track memorized, even though I ran a lot of practice laps.
Still seem to be having some weird PC problems, On lap 6 I crashed to desktop on the SF straight so braked hard and eased to the wall. After I clicked on the game it came right back up without any car damage.  But for 3 laps following the game crash the video was almost like the PC was lagging or something, good picture for a couple of seconds then jumping in and out of focus and repeat.  Then it cleared up and no problem, maybe some download problem interference.  I usually manually go to the malware and McAffee programs and download updates before the race, but didn't this time.  Grats to the podium, and sympathies to the other guys who had problems.  On to Mallory, a NORMAL type of track in cars more to my likeing.
Oh yeah, question guys, I noticed I am real low on credits to buy cars.  Isn't there a file someplace you can rewrite that you can put a few million in that will solve the problem???  I know you can delete and make a new profile, but then you have to set up the controls and all that stuff.  Thanks ahead for the info....

Bob M.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 04:56:37 PM +0000 »

@ Bob. Either use this http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=788 but you need to create a fresh profile or...............

Edit a .car file using Notepad to make it's value million's then sell it in your garage.  Wink

Or change all new car values to $0 then you don't have to buy them  Wink

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 05:57:10 PM +0000 »

Straightforward race for me.

For some reason I was far quicker than the rest of the Div2 runners compared with previous races, but of course much slower than Ziu & Erling's Div1 cars. So predictably I had a lonely race & without a major mistake from either Ziu or Erling, 3rd was the best I was going to do. Happy with my pace though & for once I didn't make any serious errors.

Congrats to Ziu & Erling.  clap clap
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2017, 08:19:55 PM +0000 »

Results

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: