The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 03:24:59 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Imola: December 14, 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Imola Trackday - Dec 14  (Read 9239 times)
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 02:27:44 PM +0000 »

I was actually watching you live Maikel when Matthew took you out. Just came across and put you into the wall. I agree his time should be removed.

Michael Boylan

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 03:00:00 PM +0000 »

Ok lap time invalidated. If this chap continues to turn and cause disruption I can also ban him for a period of time.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 08:46:18 PM +0000 »

Would it be possible for us to run that minorator app that stops drivers who aren't status A&b? Just a thought.
If any particular guy is being a proper bell end just ban him full stop  devil

And err, Chris in a Gt3 Rs? What happened to faster guys taking a slightly off the fromt-end pace car?  Undecided upto you guys what you want to drive of course but thought it would be more fun for all if the top 4 quick regulars didn't take the potential group leading cars like the Nissan and gt3 .
How does the Cayman gt4 stack up in this group? Anyone know? I've seen them having great chases with gt3's on track this year in the real world.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 09:18:56 PM +0000 »

There seems to be a gap between a few groups of cars. The Nissan and Porsche on 1 side, of which the Porsche is a lot easier to be fast in.
And the Merc/Audi group, where the Merc seems to have the upper hand.

Didn't try the Lotus yet and won't try the X-Bow for obvious reasons.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 10:39:20 AM +0000 »

do i need to have the Porsche DLC pack installed to take part in this race?
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 10:52:04 AM +0000 »

do i need to have the Porsche DLC pack installed to take part in this race?

Yes, the one with the GT3 RS, which was IIRC DLC PP2.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 11:10:08 AM +0000 »

Would it be possible for us to run that minorator app that stops drivers who aren't status A&b? Just a thought.
If any particular guy is being a proper bell end just ban him full stop  devil

And err, Chris in a Gt3 Rs? What happened to faster guys taking a slightly off the fromt-end pace car?  Undecided upto you guys what you want to drive of course but thought it would be more fun for all if the top 4 quick regulars didn't take the potential group leading cars like the Nissan and gt3 .
How does the Cayman gt4 stack up in this group? Anyone know? I've seen them having great chases with gt3's on track this year in the real world.

I was also wondering about this looking at the times. The GT3 RS and Nissan do seem a fair bit faster in the alien hands. I also wondered how the Cayman GT4 would stack up and maybe use it to replace the GT3 RS and Nissan. Everything else seems quite close.

Had an excellent little race with Maikel yesterday. He was in the Audi and I was in the 2-11. On the main straight he would pull away but for the rest of the lap I would start to reeling him in. Great fun Smiley
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 11:12:43 AM +0000 by Linus27 » Logged

Michael Boylan

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 11:52:03 AM +0000 »

i dont intend on racing in the porsche, im going to take the X-Bow.

what you might want to look at doing is removing the slower 2 (SLS/R8) and replacing them with somthing a little quicker, maybe the F40 and GT40.. (i would choose either of them aswell)

Caymen is just too slow, and the clubsport just too fast lol.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2016, 12:03:25 PM +0000 »

Please don't get rid of the Porsche, i thought we were consciously using the DLCs?

It maybe fast in you aliens hands but it aleast give me a chance to be mid field! For comparison my times i've listed below. We cant all drive as well as you guys Tongue

GT3 1.58.7
KTM 2.01.4
Lotus 2.01.2
Nissan 2.00.7 (not sure i remember this!)

The GT3 and the lotus feel nicer to me as there more track focused than the road cars.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 12:12:25 PM +0000 »

With the Merc and the Audi there seems to be a match with the BMW M325i Racing.

The RUF RT12r seems to be on pace with the faster cars on this list, but it's another Porsche, so nobody will tell the difference between that and the RSR GT3.
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 12:13:04 PM +0000 »

And don't take out the slower 2  Grin

We need more times from people but it looks like a 1:58 time is a good benchmark to make choices to balance the field. So I'll be taking the Mercedes ( the Audi felt abit too tame imo).
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 12:30:24 PM +0000 »

I will be leaving the Nissan and gt3rs in for us mortals to drive  Wink bit surprised the gt4 Cayman doesn't fit in though as I've seen them with my own eyes hounding gt3's on track.
Happy to drop the BMW 325 into the mix if anyone wants it.

I don't want different generation cars like the f40,gt40 and older Ruf in the mix as their dynamics are too different to the fast modern cars, even if they can set a similar laptime, their braking and cornering will be very different.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 12:49:28 PM +0000 »

I will be leaving the Nissan and gt3rs in for us mortals to drive  Wink
Will be hard for anyone to keep up with you if you pick the RSR, it's just that much better Wink.

Happy to drop the BMW 325 into the mix if anyone wants it.
Haven't tried it yet, so don't know about tyres etc, but the RSR times seems close.

I don't want different generation cars like the f40,gt40 and older Ruf in the mix as their dynamics are too different to the fast modern cars, even if they can set a similar laptime, their braking and cornering will be very different.

Agree on the F40 and GT40, but the RUF I was talking about was a modern one, but I don't really see it add anything to the mix. Maybe it's a bit harder to drive Huh

So I'll be taking the Mercedes ( the Audi felt abit too tame imo).

The Merc is a lot of fun, so I'm tempted by it as well. Audi was boring, felt too much like a FWD car.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2016, 02:32:24 PM +0000 »

M'eh I've only done a 1:58 in it so far so not exactly alien pace  Embarrassed though expect I might creep into the 57's with it  Undecided
Yeah agree on the Ruf.

I'd say overall we are looking at a rough benchmark time of 1:57/58 so if everyone is in a car that achieves that, it could make for a good close race. But entirely up to you fastest guys on what you choose, you might want to race each other up front in the best cars and leave us mortals to battle for the breadcrumbs - don't worry we are used to it  Grin
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:37:02 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2016, 02:41:13 PM +0000 »

Just done a 1:57.8 in the 2-11 so very happy with that Smiley

Michael Boylan

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com