The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 09:41:50 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Imola: December 14, 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Imola Trackday - Dec 14  (Read 9247 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 03:11:08 PM +0000 »

Would it be possible for us to run that minorator app that stops drivers who aren't status A&b? Just a thought.
Anything is possible but where do I find it and what happens to those who've never used it? I don't want to be locked out of my own server!

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2016, 03:56:49 PM +0000 »

Umm, not sure but RRL used it and I wasn't locked out first time I joined their server and I never go on public servers to earn the status  Undecided Brocookie would know more about it.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2016, 07:26:00 PM +0000 »

Scratch the BMW, it's way slower, so no idea how they got the laptimes.

And that 2-11 sinds like a vacuum cleaner, I quit driving it after half a lap, it's horrible  Grin
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 03:42:24 AM +0000 »

There is another invalid laptime on the server. If you look at the lap comparison, you can clearly see he didn't brake where others have.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 07:36:24 AM +0000 »

There is another invalid laptime on the server. If you look at the lap comparison, you can clearly see he didn't brake where others have.

lol, go check out his driving lines.. Smiley

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 07:49:10 AM +0000 »

It might be best, for now, to just perma-ban anyone who is pissing about.

I think opening the server up to the public during the week has worked really well. Its opened the doors to new people but we will get the odd prat joining now and again, but since all of us here are like "admin" if we see anything we can just report it here and they are gone within a couple hours..

It also might be worth adding in the Start Message that people seen abusing track limits etc will be banned for 24hrs or such.

I think its important that people can join the server and be happy that its a clean and fair place to race, knowing that the rif-raf is taken care of..

I also think now is a good time to push the public awareness of this site as much as possible.. Has anyone ever gone online and seen the massive servers full of racing... no me neither.. its either nords trackdays or booked servers with nobody racing, If we all do our bit to just use the server to practice rather than using offline it will keep bringing people into the server. It doesn't take long before 1 makes 2, and then before you know it there are 10 people racing on line.. 

One suggestion i do have is to remove the Practice and just make Qualifying 2 hours long.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 10:33:50 AM +0000 »

Good idea on the start message, I think we should also have our stracker timestat link on it to encourage drivers to check where they stand, plus they would see our srouk banner then too and may be intrigued enough to check our site out.

And, ahem the message screen is currently blank on the server  Lips Sealed

One thing I like about this trackday theme is its nice trying various cars back to back. I tried the gt4 but it was much slower than the gt3 and Nissan or SLS. I know a few gt4 owners who might dispute that!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:42:28 AM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 12:22:50 PM +0000 »

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife

although i dont really condone that website for actual facts it does show a massive difference.

16.   Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)   unknown   7:20.00

25.   KTM X-Bow R   Christopher Haase   7:25.00

55.   Nissan GT-R Spec-V (R35)   unknown   7:34.46

73.   Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG   Horst Von Saurma   7:40.00

77.   Porsche Cayman GT4 (981)   Christian Gebhardt   7:42.00

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2016, 01:17:47 PM +0000 »

I think we should also have our stracker timestat link on it to encourage drivers to check where they stand, plus they would see our srouk banner then too and may be intrigued enough to check our site out.
So they'll get pen and paper out to copy down a much more complex URL to look at timing rather than visit the web site (where it's all available)

And, ahem the message screen is currently blank on the server  Lips Sealed
It's there for me. Spanner thought it was completely missing last week but when I checked it was there. Either there is a bug in the game or you guys are not looking properly.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2016, 02:49:51 PM +0000 »

Of course the other thing we could do is enable the slowdown penalty stuff for 2 wheels off track rather than the 4 currently allowed

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2016, 07:05:30 PM +0000 »

Noooooooooooooooooooo

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2016, 07:44:00 PM +0000 »

Ah true Pete, I was thinking they can copy/paste it but guess you can't really. Forget my ramblings.

Odd about the message page. I went on the server twice this morning and it was blank both times. I use triples and think spanner does too so might be that  Undecided but no idea why a message would disappear for them as I don't lose any other info.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2016, 07:55:12 PM +0000 »

Found some info on the minorator mod, have a read Pete and see if it might work here or too much aggro.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/minorating-com-drivers-thread.25732/

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2016, 10:46:06 AM +0000 »

Wil try and get on the server tonight finally for some meaningful practise, blinking real life is consuming me at the moment  :'(

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2016, 12:22:20 PM +0000 »

It seems that more people want to drive the Porsche from the posts so far so would it be better to adjust the available cars. I think it safe to safe the KTM may not be so popular, or even the Audi so is it not worth increase the available count for the Porsche to say 6 and reducing the others to account?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com