The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 11:10:44 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Imola: December 14, 2016
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Imola Trackday - Dec 14  (Read 9233 times)
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2016, 01:56:46 PM +0000 »

Just drove a 16 lap stint. Luckily its only a shorter race ( im guessing probably 15 laps ) because it felt like I had no rear tyres left at all  Grin
Fronts were at precisely 98 %, rears at 94 %.  Shocked
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2016, 05:12:51 PM +0000 »

Grin Will be on tonite in Nismo.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2016, 05:33:13 PM +0000 »

I'll be in the R8 I guess as no-one else is.
Currently it's boring the life out of me though.
Would take the Porsche but it's flappy paddle rubbish so removes half the point of a GT3 in my book...

It's a shame we couldn't have had the RUF thrown in as that has least has proper gears, similar laptimes and is fun to drive Sad
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2016, 05:35:00 PM +0000 »

you will like the 911R

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2016, 05:39:20 PM +0000 »

That's in the next pack isn't it?

It will have to be good in the fun stakes to compete with the Cayman on road tires.
That's got to be the best drift car I've played in to date  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2016, 07:32:57 PM +0000 »

Should have shouted louder FMG could have put the Ruf in just for the manual box.

911R should be like a frisky stallion  Grin porsche pack 3 has some very tasty pork....917k anyone?  drool

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2016, 07:34:42 PM +0000 »

If you wait to run the 917k until after I'm back in Japan I may have to hunt you down  Tongue
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2016, 08:43:57 PM +0000 »

Angry Angry Angry Never been shunted off track in such an uncompromising manner , pretty disgusted really. Not a good way to encourage fuller grids on a Wednesday night.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 08:53:32 PM +0000 by Bob » Logged
markbeszant

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2016, 09:28:11 PM +0000 »

Grin came last ... but had a great few battle laps with the other 211 (simon I think) on the last few laps.. almost had ya lol
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2016, 09:31:34 PM +0000 »

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2016, 09:41:18 PM +0000 »

I see the lap chart is a little confused and I had to manually manipulate the results so our importer worked. Problem, changing cars and thus having 2 race entries. Would be better if people didn't make a habit of this please.

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2016, 10:10:52 PM +0000 »

Real sorry for that Bob, that was my fault. Don't know how I could've misjudged that.

Had a good start and managed second, but after the first few turns my screen froze for 1/10 of a second right when I was catching my slide out of the turn and I was on the grass all of a sudden. Had to ease it back in safely and lost 5 places. Then I was trying to see the gap with the front runners and I missed my braking point at T1 on the second lap, rejoined as last  Sad

I must admit, I was slightly agitated then missing out on the battle at the front. A few choice words I can't repeat here out of decency might have been thrown at my computer  Grin

Tried to get back as quickly as possible and as clean as possible, but unfortanely I'm very impatient at times like that. Had a contact with Bob on Lap 3 just after the finish (again, sorry about that. I hate being the cause of people crashing). Managed to work my way back till I got to Linus and MJ, had a good battle there in the end.

Pretty fun combo in the end, keeping the cars balanced like that makes sure everyone the race stays quite evenly packed.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2016, 10:19:47 PM +0000 »

Sorry to hear you got nerfed off Bob, am sure it must have been accidental, possibly by a variation in car performance or braking, didn't see it so can't comment.

I had a great race, really enjoyed it, I had at least one battle with each of the car types at one time or another and some really great scraps with a few drivers. I was grinning like a loon at some points  Grin Cool
The cars looked and sounded great and despite certain differences, the cars fought well together.

Finished 5th in the end  Smiley

Well done to Michael who did lots of initial testing to form the car groups, backed up by help from a few regulars, good work gents, the trackday theme works well  thumbup2

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2016, 12:19:21 AM +0000 »

That was a really nice race with alll those very different cars Wink

Qualifying didnt't go very well for me, qualified eight and at the start some Porsche and Nissan already flew past me Grin

After that I did a very silly mistake in lap 3 , touched the wall and fell back to the last position.
During the rest of the race I tried to catch some cars infront, overtook some other 2-11's but wasn't able to overtake any other cars as they nearly gained 1,5 seconds on the s/f line and I could't find a place to overtake them in the twisty sections.

Nevertheless, had great fun during the race with my tiny Lotus hair dryer Grin Grin

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2016, 12:36:40 AM +0000 »

Well I had an amazing race. Qualified 2nd in my amazing 2-11 and set a time around a second quicker than my best so very pleased. Then ChrisR vanished and it was looking like I had pole but he returned with seconds to spare.

I made an awesome start and got the jump on ChrisR and found myself in 1st by turn 1. Totally new territory for me so felt a lot of pressure which seemed to intensify with each lap. Jeffrey was keeping close company and he flew past me on the main straight after a couple of laps. The little 2-11 was incredible through the corners so I managed to stick with him and got past a few laps later when he ran wide at the second chicane. So back in first and actually pulling away and the thoughts of winning my first race was beginning to really distract me and after 5 or 6 more laps, I made a stupid mistake and spun on the last corner dropping to 4th.

I then ended up having an amazing scrap for a few laps with Maikel in his Merc and Mark J in his orange 911. First Maikel screamed past on the main straight which sounded incredible. I stuck with him and made an amazing pass into the third chicane to retake 4th. Then Mark J screamed passed a lap or so later on the main straight and not only did the Porsche sound awesome, it looked superb. However, again, the Lotus was epic into the corners and I made a nice little pass into the left hander after the second chicane to take back 4th. Pete who was running 3rd at the time in the Nissan spun and this moved me into 3rd. Despite closing down the leaders, there were not enough laps to catch them. It was then just a case of keeping a big enough gap to Maikel so he wouldn't get a run on the main straight and pass me before the line.

So 3rd is not bad but 1st would of been better but still not ready for than win just yet Smiley Still, an amazing race and would love to do some more. Maybe with the Ruf as well. The key is choosing tracks that are a mix of straights and tight twisties so the power cars can dominate the straights and the handling cars can dominate the twisties. So I think Zandvoort would be another excellent track for these cars.

Michael Boylan

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com