by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 07:33:11 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can-Am For GTL - A shameless Plug  (Read 5171 times)
Jeep

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2016, 01:24:07 AM +0000 »

Hey all,
 Some time ago I approached the "Absolute Modding" team with a request to convert their 1967 Can-Am season from the Absolute Can-Am mod for GTR2 across to GTL. All the necessary permissions were acquired and UKGTL will be running the tracks from the 1967 Can-Am season as a series throughout 2017 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary. (Yes it really is that long ago).  wheelchair.

You can find the installer here https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3358.0#post_canam_1967 Feel free to download it if you fancy trying it out. If you want to join us for this or any of the other fantastic series created by Tony and the UKGTL team for 2017 be sure to visit the UKGTL forum on this site. https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?board=19.0 and introduce yourself where full details of all of the upcoming races can be found. Don't be shy, drivers of all abilities warmly welcomed from Alien though to Sunday Driver.

The pack puts all the cars in the "SIM_GTC76" class by default but if you want to run them on their own they also belong to the "SIM_CA1967" class and adding the following line (SIM_CA1967 = Can-Am 1967) to your SIM_GTC.gdb as shown below will allow you to drive them in their own class. (Make a backup 1st)

Code:
Category
{
  SIM_TC65 = FIA TC-65       // category that can be filtered out using NOT:
  SIM_GTC65 = FIA GTC-65     // category that can be filtered out using NOT:
  SIM_GTC76 = FIA GTC-TC-76  // category that can be filtered out using NOT:
  SIM_CA1967 = Can-Am 1967  // category that can be filtered out using NOT:
}

It's not a true historical mod by any means and includes the Chaparral 2E for example which was actually a 1966 car but the focus is on fun and close racing.

It is well worth also downloading the advanced set up pack to gain access to the extra settings available (  http://www.mediafire.com/download/3hufvlu3k93egh3/Advanced_Setup.zip ) and if you want the "No Biks" version get it from here ( https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13727.0 )

All original credits belong to the "Absolute Modding" team and a big thank you to them for letting me loose with their baby.

Have fun.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Jpanzer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 01:40:09 AM +0000 »

Is there a working download link for this mod somewhere? I would love to try it out!
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 05:11:37 PM +0000 »

Hi Jpanzer,
It's been a long time since I did anything with this and I see the oroginal UKGTL download link has disappeared.

Here's a link to the pack. https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9e7j2arhuahid3/GTL_Can-Am-1967_v1.2.rar?dl=0

I've not really done anything with this or GTL for a few years due to a family illness but any feedback welcome.

I do have another version I was working on with revised grip levels but I'm unsure of the overall integrity of that installation so would need to go through the files to check.

If any interest I'll see if I can find time to finish it off.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Jpanzer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 09:00:16 PM +0000 »

John, thank you for the link. Very anxious to try this out. Most definitely interested in any improvements or updates you might be working on. If you get something together, please let us all know!
GeeDee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 03:43:08 PM +0000 »

John, thank you for the link. Very anxious to try this out. Most definitely interested in any improvements or updates you might be working on. If you get something together, please let us all know!

Hi guys, I'm new to this site but have been involved with GTL and GTR2 for many years now, some of you may already know me.

A couple of years ago I updated skins and did a bit of modding on the Can-Am mod, but because of the sheer amount of work that is being done by the Absolute Team guys the physics are to be redone and it will be released when there is time... I just turned 70yrs old, hope I can see it released Roll Eyes
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 06:45:51 PM +0000 »

Hello Gordon, who let you in here?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 10:56:29 AM +0100 »

As I'm still a bit shocked about this sad news (because he was exactly my age) and although I didn't know him, I want to post it here:

hmmguy - one of the creators of the CAN-AM mod for GTL with  "Absolute Modding" team and a very active member of the simracing community - died some days ago:

http://www.evolution-modding.net/t2427-hmmguy-aka-phil-r-i-p#46744

RIP

Embarrassed

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 11:03:39 AM +0100 »

Sad news indeed Kurt.

Whilst on the subject of losses to the sim community, I think I read somewhere that Deep Strike had passed away. I know he was responsible for the physics for many great mods including the '67 F1 car set that we ran here a couple of years back.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 12:30:51 PM +0100 »

Sad news indeed Kurt.

Whilst on the subject of losses to the sim community, I think I read somewhere that Deep Strike had passed away. I know he was responsible for the physics for many great mods including the '67 F1 car set that we ran here a couple of years back.

Yep - you're right. He was even younger.

And he was involved in most of the cars which were in development (BorekS mods (http://www.evolution-modding.net/t2369-carsten-aka-deep-strike-passed-away?highlight=carsten), ABB). At Altbierbude there is still a R.I.P. on the startpage. The two mods "SIMCA 1200S Bertone" and "DAF 55 Marathon and 555" are
dedicated to him.

Sad

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 01:15:21 AM +0100 »

Slowly returning to sim racing after my wife passed away earlier this year after a fairly long illness. Although she had been ill for some time it was still a shock, she was only 54.

As you can imagine I've not really been that interested in much at all since, but fired up GTL tonight for the 1st time in ages and had a blast throwing the M6A around Fuji 82.

Was sad to hear of Hmmguy passing. I spoke to him a few times when I was working on the GTL version and he along with "Loose Ether" answered all my inane questions without treating me like a moron (Which I probably was).

Not sure what the future holds for me at the moment but I would like to think I might rejoin some of the UKGTL series in 2020.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 04:02:04 PM +0100 »

Hi John, very nice to hear from you again. I had read in an earlier GPL post of yours, some time ago now, that things at home had taken a turn for the worse. Desperately sad news about your wife. I cannot begin to comprehend what it must of been like in those final months. You have my sincerest condolences on your loss, and hope that your path back to "normality" will be an easy one.

Please do join us again in GTL land. Still pretty much the same old names are around since you last took a grid with us all.

If you need any help, you know where I am

Best wishes

Tony

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 08:32:25 PM +0100 »

Yes, very sad to hear of your loss John, sincerest condolences.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 10:39:33 AM +0100 »

May I also add my condolences John.
I have a wife who is suffering from a long term illness and we do not know what the future holds for us. It would be wrong to say that I understand your loss, only you can know that, but I can maybe see myself in a similar position sometime in the future.

Do what is right for yourself and take your time. I think it is safe to say that UKGTL ( and UKGPL ) will still be around when you are ready to give things a spin again.  The people are the same as always and the on-line friendship/camaraderie will be there too.

Take care.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 01:59:35 PM +0100 »

Deepest sympathy  John.  Can't imagine losing my wife of almost 55 years.  Would be tough to carry on that's for sure.
Hope you will return but as said by others, only until your ready.  Keep your spirits up.......

Bob M.
Jpanzer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2021, 01:39:13 AM +0000 »

John, just wanted to tell you I installed that mod back when you gave me the link. I've spent countless hours enjoying it and its still in my install. Thanks again, and hope you are well... Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com