Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 06:57:52 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S30 Monza: December 18, 2016
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 30 - Porsche 910 - Fun - Monza - Dec 18  (Read 4229 times)
Marco Mercaldo

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 02:06:43 PM +0000 »

Sorry guys for CRAP start.............for the first time, I wanted to try starting using the clutch............(F..........), but I forgot to insert the first gear......  Angry
Great battle with Logan in the last laps.
Thank you all, organizers and participants, and Merry Christmas.
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 05:37:18 PM +0000 »

...Normally this curve is all on the left otherwise the car go into the guard rail at the exit...

Try backing off the toe-in and toe-out from the absolute maximums in TvO's otherwise really good setup. I used -0.165" front and 0.060" rear, and found a lot easier car placement and control entering and in the corners. I could use any part of Ascari without losing time or speed.

...Great battle with Logan in the last laps...

Thanks, you, too.
Baab

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 08:26:13 PM +0000 »

Dismal race from me, was reasonably respectable in qualifying but seemed to make some disastrous set-up changes for the race, lengthening the gearing expecting to be in slipstream all the time and not wanting to owwa rev... This meant I saw 8800 rpm into Ascari without tow and I couldn't catch anyone.  I only went backwards, had a few duels along the way, for a lap or two with Doni as he recovered, but I got onto the inside curb in the second lesmo and dropped into Dean's clutches.  I had a few laps racing Dean before perhaps another error dropped me out of his draft.  Later on I battled with my mate Arf's Sports Car racing cousin... which ended as he got loose out of the first lesmo and side swiped me.  Finally I had a tussle with Mr Teso, before contact in Ascari ended that.  Sorry for this Robert, we were side by side after you went wide, I tried to keep it tight.

Thanks for the fun,

Bob

Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 08:08:07 AM +0000 »

Had a great full race battle with Greg,
thanks to the SC slipstream, even a bigger mistake in Lesmo1 let him catch me again for the final showdon.
I messed it! In the whole race I hadn't made a bigger mistake but in the last Para,
I screwed up my braking point and ran wide into the crabble...

So the win belongs to Greg who thought he had touched me and waited before the finish line,
I did not realise that and crossed the line...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 08:10:11 AM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Piero Mercaldo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 06:53:30 PM +0000 »

Too bad for the catastrophe at the start, I think we would have fun in so many ...
However it was nice to fight with these beautiful Porsche, easy and fun to drive!

Congratulations to Axel and the podium. Wink
Rainier
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 09:05:46 PM +0000 »

Too bad for the catastrophe at the start, I think we would have fun in so many ...
However it was nice to fight with these beautiful Porsche, easy and fun to drive!

Congratulations to Axel and the podium. Wink

Yes nice and pleasant race except when another driver rearended me on the last lap at the exit of Lesmo2...  Sad

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Piero Mercaldo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 07:05:26 PM +0000 »

Let's say you did better the second of lesmo not I just touched you .. Cheesy
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 12:50:51 AM +0000 »

Congrats Axel and Clive! Good drive from Axel until he risked it all on the last lap. Smiley

I thought I could qualify well but I didn't know how well. I did think I could place myself on the track in front of a few to several of the drivers and put them on pole if I wanted. I tried to help Bob, thinking he was the faster of my teammates.

I worried a little that I could be slow on the start. I forgot to try to set 1st gear to get off the line well. I was surprised I started as well as anybody.

It was a long fight with Axel. I didn't try to put much pressure on him early in the race but I stayed close. For a while, I tried to pass on the main straight thinking I was a little faster through the Lesmos. Axel would repass me before Parabolica.

I was a little nervous entering Curva Grande, the Lesmos, and Parabolica while leading. I never really ran those turns well with Axel behind me until the final lap. The Porsche is such a good car that I can wait longer to brake without wrecking. It's tempting to enter the turns going too fast but it's not the fastest way around the track. Axel gave me a lot of practice running a wide line through most of the turns.

I screwed up on lap 13. I was losing it entering the Lesmos. I tried to save it but it got to the point I was going to have to slow so much, I thought I'd wreck Axel, so I spun it out of his way. It was difficult catching him. I could gain a few tenths if I didn't make any minor mistakes. If I made a minor mistake, I'd gain a few hundredths. Axel put up a good fight to keep me from catching him, but once I got within 4 seconds the tow allowed me to close quickly. I didn't take it easy on Axel then. On the last lap I was fortunate to make a good run through the Lesmos. That opened a little gap. With a small gap I was able to make it difficult for Axel to pass me before Parabolica. I stayed on the right to make Axel pass me on the outside. I was a tiny bit too fast into the final turn. I was totally focused on my line. When I slid a little wide I thought I may have bumped Axel into the sand trap. Had I held the inside line in Parabolica I would have continued on to the win, but thinking I may have bumped Axel and how dirty it would have looked to win that way, I waited for Axel at the finish line. I had no idea Axel had waited too long to brake. Even with all my focus on my line, I still didn't run the line I had intended. Either way I got a little lucky that I didn't cause a collision at the end.

Nice drive Axel. You were consistent with few mistakes and maybe none that were worse than slight, except the finish. It was fun and good to see you drive so well.

Thanks guys. That was more intense and more fun that I thought it would be.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com