by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 05:35:33 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17LCMT Cadwell Park: May 15, 2017
May 15, 2017, 08:41:55 PM +0100 - Cadwell Park (Full) - UKGTL Season 17 Lawrence Clemo Memorial Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Austin-Healey 100S (#700) GTC-65 1 1:32.623
84.370mph
1 1:01:19.619
80.702mph
38 1:33.509
83.570mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#36) GTC-65 4 +1.116
83.365mph
2 +4.808
80.597mph
38 1:34.044
83.095mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
AC Ace (#23) GTC-65 5 +2.657
82.017mph
3 +1L
78.174mph
37 1:35.574
81.765mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
AC Ace (#36) GTC-65 4 +34.514
77.451mph
37 1:36.448
81.024mph
Dunlop  
misnoimis

Austin-Healey 100S (#26) GTC-65 6 +3.272
81.491mph
5 +44.772
77.239mph
37 1:36.097
81.320mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Austin-Healey 100S (#44) GTC-65 9 +5.525
79.620mph
6 +2L
76.403mph
36 1:37.450
80.191mph
Dunlop  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#100) GTC-65 7 +3.421
81.365mph
7 36 1:36.304
81.145mph
fuel
Dunlop  
55steve55
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#33) GTC-65 8 +3L
72.633mph
35 1:37.790
79.912mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
AC Ace (#23) GTC-65 3 +1.112
83.369mph
9 +12L 26 1:34.535
82.663mph
suspension
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#700) GTC-65 8 +4.482
80.476mph
10 +27L 11 1:37.893
79.828mph
unknown
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin-Healey 100S (#700) GTC-65 2 +0.362
84.041mph
+38L 0 ---
---
DQ
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
AC Ace (#44) GTC-65 10 +11.570
75.001mph
0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 Lawrence Clemo Memorial Trophy - Cadwell Park - May 15  (Read 8123 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 01:26:59 PM +0100 »

offtopic

Grats to Jeep on his 2nd consecutive win in GPL  thumbup2

offtopic

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 01:41:27 PM +0100 »

GT wasn't racing last night he was AWOL, I just reset the R3E Server and restarted the GTL one as well
I tend not to bother shutting down the GTL server, as there isn't usually many people on it for practice, and there are not
so many racers in the R3E events that I worry about network overloading. Same for AC it's a mess tho have that one
restarted apparently, so I just leave it.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 02:00:56 PM +0100 »

GT wasn't racing last night he was AWOL, I just reset the R3E Server and restarted the GTL one as well
I tend not to bother shutting down the GTL server, as there isn't usually many people on it for practice, and there are not
so many racers in the R3E events that I worry about network overloading. Same for AC it's a mess tho have that one
restarted apparently, so I just leave it.

Sorry Matt and apologies to GT.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 02:23:10 PM +0100 »

Nice in-car footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOjL1TUIDHs&t=145s

Hmmm..........Mini v Imp series  Cool
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:25:09 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 06:36:33 PM +0100 »

Wow!! Elevation changes are a lot more radical than what the games conveys.. Great video...
Mini Vs Imp sounds good to me.................

Bob M
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2017, 08:02:49 PM +0100 »

offtopic

Grats to Jeep on his 2nd consecutive win in GPL  thumbup2

offtopic

Thanks Tony,
 Didn't really deserve it despite the final gap. Back markers were very unkind to Dave behind, he was definitely faster than me, A Tortoise verses Hare race where no mistakes paid dividends

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2017, 08:50:55 PM +0100 »

Well that didn't last long I got bumped off and finished up on the start straight with a warning.  Roll Eyes Tried to drive around to serve penalty but was starting to be lapped when I spun and quit so as not to ruin anybody else's race.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2017, 09:54:24 PM +0100 »

I'm afraid that was me Bill.  I stopped and waited and then Clive went by in a white/blue car and I thought it was you.  Just wasn't my day all the way around.  Tony can strip me of my finish place.  Big sorry and my head is hanging low!!!

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2017, 10:19:29 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted.

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2017, 10:26:54 PM +0100 »

I really enjoyed that. Probably one of my best races. The fact that my G25 rejected 3rd gear a handful of times failed to mar my enjoyment although it cost me a few places at times I’m sure.

I was having a great time chasing Jeep, in places I was getting held up. The Aston is a bit of a handful but makes up for it on the straights. I had just worked out two places where I thought I might try a pass. But unfortunately I think I gave him a tap before we got to them (I’m not 100% sure, say 60%) sending him onto the grass. A big sorry if I was guilty. I pulled over and waited for what seemed an age before he passed, this let three or four cars past us. We then set off in pursuit having fallen into the clutches of Tony and Bob and had some exciting moments. My 3rd gear which had played up once early in the race then went  and crazy and refused to engage about four more times making life difficult for me.  Anyway it was interesting trying to handle it and finish the race, quite satisfying in a way. I will now be searching out the electrical contact spray. I hope this works.

I don’t know what happened to JEEP. I think he pulled over just before the end of the race. Problem or fuel?

Grats to winner and podiums. clap I hope to race next in two weeks’ time.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2017, 05:52:01 AM +0100 »

I'm afraid that was me Bill.  I stopped and waited and then Clive went by in a white/blue car and I thought it was you.  Just wasn't my day all the way around.  Tony can strip me of my finish place.  Big sorry and my head is hanging low!!!

Bob M.

As far as I'm concerned it was a racing incident, annoying at the time but that's life! My turn next week! Wink

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2017, 09:44:59 AM +0100 »

Really sad that I was not part of this memorial race for Laurie, but grats to the podium and finishers.

I was hoping to challenge at the front for this race and maybe give the top guys something to worry about.
I think I posted last week that I was hoping to get some off-line practice, simply because it was for Laurie and I wanted to be ready. I did find time on Saturday evening ( my wife made a democratic decision to watch a recorded programme that held no interest for me, so I retreated to the computer) and my first thought was that the Aston should be quick. But I struggled to get it below 1:36.5 and the already posted lap times showed that I needed more. Next up was the Jag that Matt was championing, and that was a disaster for me, despite liking a car that slides a little I could not make it quick enough or see the tyres lasting more than 10 laps.
Mentally I had thought the Healey to be the weakest car, so the Ace was the next choice and I quickly had that lapping comfortably in the low 1:35's, but I just could not find a way to make it go faster. I had almost decided that the Ace would be my car, because it was so comfortable to drive reasonably quickly. I thought that I should at least try the Healey, just to be fair.
I applied a few of my standard setup tweaks before I rolled out of the pits and when my first flying lap was almost exactly 1:35..... I was suddenly interested. As the laps clicked by the times dropped, and few minor adjustments to gears and springs etc improved the feel. After about 30 mins I was consistently in the 1:33's and when I popped in a mid 1:32 on a lap that was a little scruffy, I figured that the decision was made...the Healey would race on Monday night.
When I joined the server I was not surprised to see Ziu already posting 1:33's, but I suspected that Erling and one or two others were sandbagging with 1:34 laps.
I took a few laps to dial in again and was able to get down to 1:33's quite quickly. Then qually...... on a circuit where there are few overtaking opportunities. Initially posted a banker lap that got me on to the front row, but I knew that I could go faster. Twice on fast laps with almost 0.75 secs in hand and a low 1:32 likely I caught other cars on their hot laps and had to abort. Then I got a clear lap and stole pole position but it was not a good lap, so I tried again and was just on the last corner and up by over 0.5secs when qually ended.
My position board showed that Ziu had pipped my earlier lap to reclaim pole, but his time was flashing ( as were a few others) and my name was totally missing?HuhHuh??  I scrolled down and at the bottom of the list I found my name in red and a DQ against it?Huh?
Not aware that I did anything wrong that would cause DQ, but there was nothing I could do about it anyway. Undecided  If anyone has any thoughts as to why I should have been dumped from this race I would like to know.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2017, 09:51:56 AM +0100 »

Clive, I wish I could help but the circumstances you describe are new to me. I'm as mystified as you.

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2017, 11:01:07 AM +0100 »

I have just watched part of the replay and see I did give John a slight nudge. No damage to my car, no dents, headlights still working etc. The consequences seem a bit extreme with his car going onto the grass and then performing aerobatics.  A pity because it probably lost us both a place and being aware the Aston was tricky to drive in places I was trying always leave a bit of space in order to avoid any contact. As it happened just before a refuelling stop I wonder if he was suffering tyre wear and was a bit slower than usual at that point. Over a lap both cars were about equal on times but there was a real yo yo effect during the lap due to the two cars relative strengths and weaknesses  on different parts of the track.

It was a very interesting race for me, pity about my mistake. It was obviously not John’s day as he ran out of fuel on the last lap.

BTW I can make next week’s race but not the following one. thumbup1
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2017, 11:24:50 AM +0100 »

First of all commiserations to Clive, who looked set for a very strong performance, only to be cruelly robbed of it, before it even began.  I can recall seeing drivers listed with red 'DQ' right before the start, but have never seen an explanation as to why.

Really enjoyed the race myself. Cadwell has always been a favorite of mine; just love those elevation changes.  Initially I had dismissed both Ace and Jag; the former for being too slow, the latter for being too bonkers on this track, and for its tyre munching tendencies, as stated by Tony.  Thus tested with Aston and Healey. Posted 1:36.3 & 1:36.9 respectively. With its much higher tyre wear, it seemed unlikely the small advantage of the Aston would matter in the race, so with a heavy heart I abandoned the idea of using this most gloriously sounding car.

Then Matt stirred the pot by being really quick in Jag & Ace. Had to try the latter. Huge fun and really 'abusable', and eventually I pipped my best Healey time, with a 1:36.8 lap.  However, with its tyre wear rate literally being double that of a Healey on vintage rubber, suggested it wouldn't be the best choice for the race.  When I returned to the Healey and clocked my first timed lap at 1:36.5, the choice was a no-brainer. Fiddling with the suspension yielded immediate improvements, culminating in a 1:34.6 lap.  Healey it was!

Joined server in pre-race praccy, and was shocked to see Clive at the very top. Shouldn't have been, as his been very quick in these cars before.  Qual started and I dipped into the 33's for the first time. Had seen Clive do a 1:33.9 in praccy, so was optimistic when I went to see the board after posting a new pb of 1:33.7.  .....Yikes, Clive's on pole!!!....No wait, he isn't anymore; Ziu has pressed his "If Ziu isn't on pole, use this" button, and snatched it from Clive!!.....Well, at least I'm 3rd...Nooooooooo, Bloody Geoffers stole it!!!....After the time had run out and by a mere 4/1000!!  Shocked

Joined grid and became increasingly worried, as the empty slot in front of me remained empty as time ran out.  Start ok and I retained my position. First couple of laps confusing, as pit board showed me to be 4th, but there was definitely only 2 cars in front (unless one had activated a cloaking device..).  Hot pursuit of Geoffers right from the start.  We slowly eased away from Matt, while up ahead Ziu did the same to us.  Tried to put as much pressure on Geoffers as I could, but he's not easily rattled; I'll give him that.  He had moments here and there, but always recovered before I could exploit them. Knew his tyres were disappearing twice as fast as mine however, so at some point I would have an advantage. After around 10 laps, he ran wide at the penultimate righthander, allowing me to claim the inside line into the final one.  Would I be able to hold up as well under pressure as Geoff, now that I had gotten in front ?  We never found out, sadly, as Geoffers spun off on the next lap.

By then, Ziu was around 17 secs ahead and still moving away. He pitted earlier than me, so I borrowed the lead for a couple of laps. After my own stop, I was soon back in 2nd, now 10 secs behind Ziu. Gap dropped a little and stabilized around 7 secs. Seemed obvious he was just managing the gap.  I kept pushing as hard as I could, in case he should suffer delays of some kind. Got a little closer towards the end, but not enough.

Grats to Ziu on winning, and Matt for completing the podium.  Thanks to those I lapped; hope I didn't spoil any of the battles going on.  Commiserations to those who met misfortune.  And not least, a thought to Lawrence; wished he could have been there.

Clive: I can assure you, that once I'm on the server pre-race there's NO sandbagging - I always go as fast as I can  Wink (And bloody impressed by the times you & Ziu squeezed out of the Healey  Shocked)

Cheers,
Erling
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com