by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 07:28:26 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L17LCMT Cadwell Park: May 15, 2017
May 15, 2017, 08:41:55 PM +0100 - Cadwell Park (Full) - UKGTL Season 17 Lawrence Clemo Memorial Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Austin-Healey 100S (#700) GTC-65 1 1:32.623
84.370mph
1 1:01:19.619
80.702mph
38 1:33.509
83.570mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#36) GTC-65 4 +1.116
83.365mph
2 +4.808
80.597mph
38 1:34.044
83.095mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
AC Ace (#23) GTC-65 5 +2.657
82.017mph
3 +1L
78.174mph
37 1:35.574
81.765mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
AC Ace (#36) GTC-65 4 +34.514
77.451mph
37 1:36.448
81.024mph
Dunlop  
misnoimis

Austin-Healey 100S (#26) GTC-65 6 +3.272
81.491mph
5 +44.772
77.239mph
37 1:36.097
81.320mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Austin-Healey 100S (#44) GTC-65 9 +5.525
79.620mph
6 +2L
76.403mph
36 1:37.450
80.191mph
Dunlop  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#100) GTC-65 7 +3.421
81.365mph
7 36 1:36.304
81.145mph
fuel
Dunlop  
55steve55
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#33) GTC-65 8 +3L
72.633mph
35 1:37.790
79.912mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
AC Ace (#23) GTC-65 3 +1.112
83.369mph
9 +12L 26 1:34.535
82.663mph
suspension
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#700) GTC-65 8 +4.482
80.476mph
10 +27L 11 1:37.893
79.828mph
unknown
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin-Healey 100S (#700) GTC-65 2 +0.362
84.041mph
+38L 0 ---
---
DQ
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
AC Ace (#44) GTC-65 10 +11.570
75.001mph
0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 17 Lawrence Clemo Memorial Trophy - Cadwell Park - May 15  (Read 7973 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2017, 11:55:54 AM +0100 »

Ziu has pressed his "If Ziu isn't on pole, use this" button,
lol yes

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2017, 12:33:13 PM +0100 »

The first "proper" racing I've had in weeks and I loved it. Started low down the order but due to the misfortunes of others found myself in familiar territory, halfway between the fast pack in front and the stragglers behind. Lap after lap I watched Bob's time decrease to my own so by the time he caught me I decided to let him pass as it seemed unfair to slow his pace. Later he must of had an incident as I passed him. Then followed some fantastic racing as he kept up my chuff for lap after lap. Actually I think it was my quick lap stop that put him behind me as I only stopped for fuel so was on poor grip tyres. Later we were joined by the battling Jeep and Misnomis but eventually they all passed me. But it was exciting stuff for quite a few laps, even more so when we slowed to let lappers pass whilst trying to keep position and not hand the opposition a chance to sneek by. Thinking back I know that at some part in the race I let Misnomis pass me mistaking him for a fast guy wanting to lap me.

Thanks to everyone who took part last night and wasn't it great to be back in '50's machinery?

On to the '71 BSCC and our first meet in this series at Silverstone. Looking forward to that.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2017, 01:38:54 PM +0100 »

As usual turned up without any practice & chose the Ace as I thought it would be a fairly easy drive. Loaded up my setup from Meadowdale last year & set off for a few practice laps. First couple of laps highlighted that the gearing was too high & the car was too loose on turn in & wanted to swap ends on the tight corners. Lower gearing & some suspension & diff tweeks made the car much more driveable & I was able to just get in the 1.34s. Qually saw an improvement into the 1.33s & just pipped Erling for 3rd on the grid.

Bit nervous at the start when Clive's car didn't appear on the grid, was half expecting it to pop up in front of me on the run to the first turn. Bad luck on that strange DQ Clive, odd one that, & doesn't it always happen when you are right on the pace!  Roll Eyes

Anyway got away in 2nd behind Ziu who soon disappeared over the horizon while I settled in, Erling was right behind & managed to hold him off for about 10-12 laps. But as the tyres wore it became more difficult to get the car to change direction in the esse-bends, got the Gooseneck wrong a couple of times & when I struggled to get it under control for the Woodlands hairpin Erling nipped past on the run to Barn. Tried to keep up but lost it at the Gooseneck on the next lap & then went off twice more in the next 2 laps & dropped behind Matt, John & Misnoimis.

Regained a place when Matt went off & was back upto 3rd when John & Misnoimis had a slight disagreement. Pitstop went well & was well clear in 3rd when all stops had been completed. Was never going to get near Ziu & Erling & had settled for 3rd when I hit the barrier approaching Barn & wrecked the suspension & finished up deep in the undergrowth on the inside of the corner, race over. Roll Eyes

Congrats to Ziu, Erling & Matt.  clap clap clap

Off to Spa this weekend so will miss next week's race (always seems to be Silverstone races I miss!), so see ya all at Sebring.  thumbup1
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2017, 02:17:40 PM +0100 »

... Thinking back I know that at some part in the race I let Misnomis pass me mistaking him for a fast guy wanting to lap me.

Coming races everyone will be in same car/colour combo as Ziu, honking their horns and flashing lights, pretending to be a lapper...  Grin

Thanks to everyone who took part last night and wasn't it great to be back in '50's machinery?

Yes it was great - and huge fun on this track!  yes

Cheers,
Erling
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2017, 04:17:49 PM +0100 »

What a great race, after lap 1 that is.   Sorry again Bill, guess the adrenalin was flowing pretty good with my pre-race troubles, I  guess it was with a corrupt file or something with the Aston load.  Should have had more patience, picked the wrong corner to stick my nose in to pass you.  As Tony said, we had a great battle, just couldn't get around you, the 100 has just a little more power out of the corners than the AC and I would start to get into position to pass and another corner would be there, and I didn't want another incident like with Bill.  Although I did tickle your rear bumper a few times and forced you to make one great save after a bigger bump. Yes I did take tires, I found offline it made the pitstops about 20/25 seconds longer but the AC suffered badly to me after about 20 laps because of old tires.  Maybe just my setup or my driving style.  Cadwell is one of my favorite short tracks, have raced it many times in everything from Mini's to V8  Muscle cars and everthing in between.  Good fun...Grats to the podium also....

Another note:  GTL is still going strong, I was going to check out the track online Sunday late PM states time and their must have been 35 to 40 drivers up on the Bude tracks.  Great to see, I think most were in the new LM mod cars races.

Bob M.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2017, 06:39:34 PM +0100 »

Yes indeed, but unfortunately another disappointing performance from my side.
Great fun in private praccy but I was unable to find the right mood in the race yesterday.

Better days will come.

Results

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2017, 12:33:04 AM +0100 »

Well, My race could be summed up in 3 words.... "What a Plonker". Not the 1st time I've run out of fuel with only a lap or so to go.  Huh

Saw Bob was having issues with the Aston I had chosen so dropped out during Q waited for him to get in and then rejoined in a different Aston so of course lost my previous qualifying times. Sad Eventually re qualified in 7th which was about where I was originally I think. I knew the Aston wsn't really a good choice around here but I just love driving it and listening to that engine. Tyres were pretty much shot by about lap 11.

Apart from miscalculating the fuel on the pit stop I had a great time. A race long battle with Misnoimis giving him ample opportunity to savour the sound of the Aston as it howled around the circuit (I couldn't hear his Healey even when I was behind it). Was able to pull a gap for the 1st half of the lap but he was right up my A$$ by the gooseneck. Pit stops completed and found myself with Tony and Bob in the mix as well and we all followed each other around for a few laps. About two thirds into the race I got a nudge from Misnoimis exiting T1. It wasn't much but the Aston seems very susceptable to mistakes and several cartwheels later I found myself on my roof and waited patiently for the marshals to put me back on my wheels. Misnoimis had waited at the end of the straight and we resumed our sparring. A few laps later the tyres screamed enough!!! and I ran wide at the end of the straight and he was through. I then regained the position a few laps later only to lose it again on the run down from the Gooseneck but got the position back again into the Mountain. I finally thought I had broken free of his grasp only to run out of fuel with 2 to go.

But other than under estimating the fuel a tad It was a really enjoyable race. I think these beasts should become a UKGTL signature event with at least 1 being run each season.

Thanks guys it was a blast as usual.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
55steve55

Waltzinblack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2017, 07:13:45 AM +0100 »

the only button I pressed before entering the server was to flush the bog

I like the humour, Ziu. Only you could link the Server dumping Clive with your own pre-race appointment with the loo laugh

I think the Healey offers one of the smoothest and most predicable drives available and always seems to be quicker than it looks and sounds, and on Cadwell's switchback topography, a true drivers challenge.

Despite being the last to cross the line, I did enjoy the race. As Tony says, it's a very satisfying and "proper" circuit to race on, a very British circuit, like Goodwood and yes, already looking ahead to next week's '71 race.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2017, 11:27:57 AM +0100 »

Yes indeed, but unfortunately another disappointing performance from my side.
Great fun in private praccy but I was unable to find the right mood in the race yesterday.

Better days will come.

Results

Cool
Thanks for the results Kurt, somehow missed your post.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2017, 01:46:54 PM +0100 »

...... so I tried again and was just on the last corner and up by over 0.5secs when qually ended.
My position board showed that Ziu had pipped my earlier lap to reclaim pole, but his time was flashing ( as were a few others) and my name was totally missing?HuhHuh??  I scrolled down and at the bottom of the list I found my name in red and a DQ against it?Huh?
Not aware that I did anything wrong that would cause DQ, but there was nothing I could do about it anyway. Undecided  If anyone has any thoughts as to why I should have been dumped from this race I would like to know.

Just had an idea:  Could the DQ be if you stay on track for too long after qually ends - or does it just kick you back to the garage ?

Cheers,
Erling
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com