by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 04:53:04 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL TC-65 Fun Race: March 28, 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL TC-65 Fun Race - 28th March  (Read 5443 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: March 25, 2006, 03:00:27 PM +0000 »

TC-65 Fun Race

Free car choice within the TC-65 class.

ALL SimRacing.org.uk members welcome.

Date: Tuesday 28th March

Practice: 8:15pm (30 mins)
Qual: 8:45pm (30 mins)
Race: 9:15pm (19 laps)

Track: Nurburgring Sprint
Race Time Of Day Setting: 10:00

Server: SimRacing.org.uk(UKGTL)

The start procedure will be ROLLING START as per UKGTL Season 0-B and 0-C.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 08:49:48 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 03:38:40 PM +0000 »

Cool- Germany has the best tracks!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 08:51:37 PM +0000 »

Wahey! Might actually be able to make this one  Smiley

Legends Racing simracing team
Adam Parle
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 01:31:29 PM +0100 »

Not one of my favorite tracks .... but I'll be there if I can.

Oh, and I'll turn my antivirus off this time Roll Eyes!
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:05:04 AM +0100 »

I'll be there, good track for some mini action.

Baz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 08:59:38 PM +0100 »

Any chance of an old Waza having a pop at this one? In a Cortina.

Baz
Safety Fast
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 08:19:09 AM +0100 »

Any chance of an old Waza having a pop at this one? In a Cortina.

Off course it is  Grin Will be good to see you again. BTW where was your mate with the Meastro at Combe on Saturday? My friends had a disaster, Terry's Focus had no engine and new boy Paul in the Impreza wired it up wrong so the battery was not charging. He didn't make it round the 2 warm up laps  :'(

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 10:52:24 PM +0100 »

Thanks to Paul for giving up the Cortina and not waltzing off into the distance. Left me with an unexpected pole and Martin S right behind me.

Made a reasonable first few laps and built a small lead but was pushing just a little too hard with fuel on board and by half distance the tyres were overheating badly and the brakes were smoking too. Martin slipped down the inside into T1 but a planned repass on the exit worked well, sadly I then cocked up the big S onto the back straight, ran wide and handed the lead over.

Backed off a little and cooled the tyres ready for another assault on the last 4 or 5 laps but Martin had built a sizeable lead of 4 to 5 seconds and I was never going make a serious dent in it that late in the race. Enjoyed this more than the Mondello race despite the smaller field, if only because I had a visible target to set my sights on. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 12:14:30 AM +0100 »

Missed this one due to a party I forgot about. Can we have some more GTL fun races pleased? The calendar is looking alarmingly GTL free for April!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 08:42:52 AM +0100 »

With the fields being so thin, we have to go easy on race dates otherwise we are in danger of overloading the small number of people that are turning up. We need to maximise the target audience participation so I don't propose to have more than 1 in any given week till a championship is sorted out.

We also find that the best race nights are taken already, leaving us only nights where fields are traditionally thin.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 09:19:02 AM +0100 »

Replay is available  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 09:59:26 AM +0100 »

That was me qualied 2nd behind you Dave, unfortunately i ran wide in the race in the 2nd or 3rd lap and everyone went by me Roll Eyes

Clawed my way back up to 3rd/4th?. where i had a great battle with Picnic for several laps, side by side through some corners until unfortunately he clipped my outswinging car through the last chicane and i was sent spinning. :'( 
I lost about 10-15 secs but caught up once again with Picnic after i presume he had span? and got past. Then caught Don on the last few laps and managed to pass him on the penultimate corner of the very last lap when he lost it through the last chicane, unlucky for him, good for me  Cool

Great track and good racing, just a shame it was such a low turn out Sad  These races were full grids when we raced them in the season 0 series. Undecided Has everyone lost interest in GTL already?

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 10:09:42 AM +0100 »

NP Dave - the Abarth was a challenge to get near anybody else's time, but that was at least better than winning from the front again. The problem I have is that the logical car to take would have been the mini, but being front wheel drive it really messes up my driving technique. I'm so used to left foot braking with throttle that I do it instinctively, but in a fwd car it has the opposite effect - big oversteer! With a bit of time I could learn to adapt, but I would have been a menace in the mini I think.

Had a good little battle early on, until my pedals moved. The only way to sort them out was to get off the throttle, and by the time I had done that I was on my own. Kept plugging away and had a fun tussle with Mark near the end after he made a mistake, but the little Abarth was just a little too far out of its depth I'm afraid.

Must put some Mini practice time in if I get a chance.

Paul
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 10:35:20 AM +0100 »

One a week sounds great and I understand you have to balance things. Is there any news one when a GTL league will start?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 10:35:44 AM +0100 »

Clawed my way back up to 3rd/4th?. where i had a great battle with Picnic for several laps, side by side through some corners until unfortunately he clipped my outswinging car through the last chicane and i was sent spinning. :'( 

Sorry about that, you slewed across my front out of the corner, I was wasn't sure if I clipped you or you had spun out of your own accord. Appolgies for helping you complete the move. It was fun for the few laps before that although I seemed to be getting more and more inconsistent. Probably tyres, I gave up in the end because I had no idea if the car would understeer or oversteer round the next corner or under braking at the end of the start finish straight. Guess it's me but the initial pleasure of this game as gone.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com