The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 02:23:51 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: R3E 2017  (Read 3681 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 03:22:03 PM +0000 »

Sounds good to me  thumbup1

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 06:03:40 PM +0000 »

I'm wary of FWD, as i really struggle to drive with that much understeer.

Its a shame that most of the content is either GTR3, DTM or WTCC cars to provide a good variety. We are going to end up repeating a bit.

Not tried the KTM yet.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 08:45:50 AM +0000 »

Sounds good to me  thumbup1

I agree

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 12:05:16 PM +0000 »

Agreed Mark. Those were the best options I could think of from what there is.
I would like some P&G/GTL type cars, and more historic tracks, like Imola, Goodwood
Watkins Glen etc, but they don't exist. I wonder if there are to be any more tracks?
I don't follow the forums, so don't know what's in the pipe.

Tony, when you get a minute (or 30) please could you create the 4 series? as I am not privileged enough somehow?

E4NSU (already done, thanks)
E4KTM
E4T
E4WTCC

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 12:16:54 PM +0000 »

all of the FWD cars have the most unrealistic
lift off oversteer like the rears are on Dunlop Groundhogs

But that's what makes them fun..! And quite honestly doesn't feel all that unrealistic to me - lift-off oversteer is the dominant handling trait in any track prepared FWD car surely?

I don't have any of these cars yet, but took a few for a test drive (with locked-in default setup unfortunately) and actually preferred the 2013 cars; the newer cars seem to be scrabbling for grip a lot more, probably because they have a bit more power. If I could change the setup however, I suspect I might improve things. The 2013 set also has the RWD option for those that want it, and is cheaper, so a good choice imho.

I hopped into the KTM too, but couldn't get on with that in my brief test drive. Again, maybe because I could not access the setup options, but it felt a bit odd to me. Still happy to give it a go though.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 12:24:03 PM +0000 »

I have got the WTCC cars to be drivable (for me) by raising the rear wing, making the front only slightly softer than the rear settings
from the very soft front very hard rear, and I found reducing coast diff helped too.
Here is a little vid of me in a short wheelbase FWD car with a good helping of lift off oversteer in T3 at Anglesey a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl3PzuapURM

I have had years of sprinting track prepared FWD cars, so I have some idea of what is realistic. I have never driven
anything like these proper racing long wheelbase WTCC cars, so they will be more front grippy, but it just doesn't
feel realistic to me with the default settings.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 07:04:44 PM +0000 »

Eek that KTM is a bit raw! main issue is going to be the braking.

Id be happier if we were doing the 2013 carset for the beemer. tried out the 2015 cars which i bought round zandvoort. Shocked at how different racing fwd cars are to road cars. requires a how different techniqe and racing line. Not sure i'll enjoy them but will try and put up with them!

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 11:36:25 PM +0000 »

Raw? I must give it another go, to me it felt very well behaved, though the turn it was a bit sharp
it didn't want to spin anything like as much as the WTCC cars, which seem to have loads of front grip
and the rear is on 145x65x15 crossply tyres

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 09:30:49 PM +0000 »

I know its not been mentioned but thought i'd share my thoughts.

Was expecting the TT RS thingy to be the worst FWD car ever. Its actually one of the best cars there, you really wouldnt know it was fwd around the test track. Its got so much grip as well.

Just tried the DTM2016 competion at Nurburgring. These things are a bit edgy. they are very stiff and lots of aero, keep it under control and they feel a little unrealistic in there cornering speed. Not easy to catch if you get it wrong.

Tried out the FR3 as well, nice little car but doesnt slide well!

Need to assk on the forum as the incar cam movement is so rubbish, it just bounces up and down. Surely you can get it move more realistically, look int othe turn, show G effects etc..
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 09:33:36 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com