The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 01:08:03 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E4DTM Zeltweg: January 08, 2017
January 08, 2017, 10:29:26 PM +0000 - Zeltweg (A1-Ring) - RRE Season 4 (2017) DTM
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Audi RS5 DTM DTM 1 1:25.413
---
---
28 0 1:26.214
---
Hankook  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M4 DTM DTM 4 +0.358
---
---
28 0 1:26.525
---
Hankook  
weatherman45

BMW M4 DTM DTM 5 +0.425
---
---
28 0 1:26.474
---
Hankook  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
BMW M4 DTM DTM 3 +0.185
---
---
28 0 1:26.349
---
Hankook  
Truetom
 Legends Racing
Mercedes AMG C63 DTM DTM 6 +0.788
---
---
28 0 1:27.267
---
Hankook  
picnic
 Team Shark
Audi RS5 DTM DTM 8 +1.999
---
---
28 0 1:27.448
---
Hankook  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M4 DTM DTM 9 +2.004
---
7 +1L
---
27 0 1:29.315
---
Hankook  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Audi RS5 DTM DTM 12 +3.669
---
---
27 0 1:28.871
---
Hankook  
Hotkeys
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Mercedes AMG C63 DTM DTM 11 +2.875
---
9 +2L
---
26 0 1:27.867
---
Hankook  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi RS5 DTM DTM 7 +0.978
---
10 +7L
---
21 0 ---
---
unknown
Hankook  
Chunky

Mercedes AMG C63 DTM DTM 2 +0.011
---
11 +13L
---
15 0 ---
---
unknown
Hankook  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes AMG C63 DTM DTM 10 +2.856
---
12 +25L
---
3 0 ---
---
unknown
Hankook  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
DTM
1:25.413
---
goldtop
Qualifying
Audi RS5 DTMJanuary 08, 2017, 10:29:26 PM +0000
E4DTM
Race Room Experience
DTM
1:26.214
---
goldtop
Race
Audi RS5 DTMJanuary 08, 2017, 10:29:26 PM +0000
E4DTM
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 4 (2017) Race Room DTM - Zeltweg - Jan 8  (Read 7442 times)
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 09:35:48 PM +0000 »

That was great, I involved myself with kerbs a bit more than I would have liked. And, I involved Carl in an accident because of it too, very sorry sir. Grats all that got it to the end, everything happens a little too quick sometimes.

Grats TM, Dieter and Carl.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 09:42:26 PM +0000 »

Not sure what happened at the start but TT's car never moved, well until I hit that was. Couldn't get enough lock in to go round. Sorry TT. That put me in a bad frame of mind and after I spun on my own 4 or 5 laps in I lost all interest. However even cruising around slowly I had no front tyres at the end. Couldn't keep up with you TT!

And the only lap I thought I might have been close enough to get DRS, 0.92 behind TT, I got nothing no beep, no activation, nothing. So I missed my braking point in to T1 just for good measure. All in all a depressing evening. WD to the podium.

BTW is there an equivalent of TheSetupMarket for RRE?

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM +0000 »

Good turnout for a test race....thanks all. looked like there was some good racing going on too Cool

My tyres were in the yellow by the end of the race with the fronts wearing slightly faster than the rears. My laptimes didn't seem to suffer too much, perhaps 6 to 7 tenths off my quickest lap towards the end of the race so definitely not worth a pitstop.

I've had races where I've run them into the red before and the drop off hasn't been that bad, but beware that punctures are more likely to happen if you overdo it.  

Edit: Regards setup, I lowered the damper settings front and rear overall and softened my rear bump and front rebound by a couple of clicks. I also slightly raised the ride height to help with those nasty kerbs.

There are some setups over at S3 forums but not many.....I checked before the race  Wink

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:48:36 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 10:17:29 PM +0000 »

Strange about the start, Pete. I started right away, didn't see anything that might tell me I stalled or something. Never mind, we all have to learn about these cars a bit. And in the end, I was sliding all over, power sliding, almost drifting in places.  Tongue  Was just waiting for Pete to pass but I guess you had problems of your own.  Cheesy
As for setup, there's work to be done, was also experimenting with dampers but didn't run enough laps to be certain, so I left them on default. Might be I had the car set up too hard, also.

All in all good show, grats to all who came and hope to see you next time.  Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 10:38:38 PM +0000 »

Why is everyone shown as not finishing. If this is an error let me know and I'll fix it in LM2

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 07:08:02 AM +0000 »

Everyone down to and including Hotkeys finished I think.

Strange about the start, Pete. I started right away, didn't see anything that might tell me I stalled or something.
There were some funnies last night, I think it was Carl chasing me for a couple of laps, except I couldn't see him. I had a gap in the end of lap times during this period as well. At one point he was some 4 secs behind, then timing told me TT was chssing me and then he suddenly appeared right on my tail.

On the last lap I caught Apex up, he was weaving all over the shop and I couldn't avoid taping him under braking when I thought he'd gone left to give me room on the right.

Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 07:51:09 AM +0000 »

Tires going yelow and red hot.... where do you get that information, is it an add-on feature?

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 08:00:52 AM +0000 »

I have a little graphic that shows tyre wear / fuel etc. This is something standard in game but off the top of my head I can't remember the exact option you need to turn on.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 08:40:56 AM +0000 »

Tires going yelow and red hot.... where do you get that information, is it an add-on feature?

Stig

Probably something in the settings, it's shown to me in bottom right corner. Though I'm still wishing for something like XD from GTR2.  Sad
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 08:42:28 AM +0000 »

I had to add the new cars as usual, but the import did nothing weird.
It is not a league race, maybe something about that?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 12:27:08 PM +0000 »

You can have different versions of the dash hud, the minimalist one included a means of seeing tyre 'wear' 4 rectangles that reduce with wear and they then turn yellow and then red.

There was definitely something up at the start, dunno if people were expecting our 'usual' sunday night starts as I went but the car ahead didn't and I had to wait for them!

Not driven these in anger and enjoyed it until my game connection dropped, then 5mins later my actual broadband dropped. It had been dropping a lot during the day so was surprised it managed 1.5hrs.

The default setups arnt that good, very stiff but will ultimately wear the tyres a lot. I decided to soften the car a bit, springs, ARBs, and dropped the slow damper down to 11. The tyre drop off was noticeable and my front turned yellow with 10mins to go but was still just drivable.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 12:36:48 PM +0000 »

Shame to see Eck and Carl tangle behind me as we were all similar pace and would have been fun. First part of the race was still good though, using the DRS to keep up with GT and John, which certainly adds to the interest. Then John spun and with GT's better pace and consistency I was left on my own in P2. Still, enjoyed these cars more than I thought I would, looking forward to the new season.

Congrats GT and Carl for P3.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 12:52:59 PM +0000 »

I had to add the new cars as usual, but the import did nothing weird.
It is not a league race, maybe something about that?

I have removed the "Uknowns". But maybe Spanner should be "Uknown" as his post suggests he dropped his connection?

Also are the final three places in the right order (looking at number of laps completed)?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 12:57:09 PM +0000 »

I had a quick couple of laps on Saturday in these, and thought "Hmm these seem a bit too easy"
Then I joined on Sunday with a different PC/Wheel, and  Shocked
ouch! this track is always challenging exiting the 1st two corners, and with these cars people were spinning into
the walls for fun, I eventually did, and took a lot of damage so quit out.
The start was a mess for me, as I wrongly assumed SUnday rolling start, so set off slowly, and sat and waited
for Tom to get going, Larry sat behind me as well..... so although I would not have been able to keep up
with most of the pack, I might have given Stig, Steven, and Larry a race, which didn't happen
as the start ruined it for me as I was then trying too hard  Roll Eyes
Yes I know, "REad the race announcement" but after a year of Sunday rolling starts, I need an electric
shock up the bum to realise tonight it's different. I think these cars would be more fun without the
awkward T1 and T2 here. It is unusual these days that I am not travelling somewhere Sunday eve
but I will join when I can.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 12:58:16 PM +0000 »

Doesn't look right, but could be, I "think" I was 1st to leave  Huh

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: