The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 12:18:18 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E4DTM Zandvoort: February 26, 2017
February 26, 2017, 09:18:51 PM +0000 - Zandvoort (GP) - RRE Season 4 (2017) DTM
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
BMW M4 DTM DTM 4 +0.486
---
1 40:02.295
---
30 0 1:18.019
---
Hankook  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi RS5 DTM DTM 2 1:17.152
---
2 +4.559
---
30 0 1:17.917
---
Hankook  
weatherman45

BMW M4 DTM DTM 3 +0.204
---
3 +4.617
---
30 0 1:18.403
---
Hankook  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG C63 DTM DTM 5 +0.934
---
4 +28.403
---
30 0 1:18.924
---
Hankook  
picnic
 Team Shark
Audi RS5 DTM DTM 6 +2.051
---
5 +20L
---
10 0 ---
---
Hankook  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M4 DTM DTM 8 +3.949
---
6 +1L
---
29 0 1:21.453
---
Hankook  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes AMG C63 DTM DTM 7 +2.669
---
7 +20L
---
10 0 ---
---
unknown
Hankook  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Audi RS5 DTM DTM DNS 0 ---
---
Hankook  
Anty
 Supersonic Racing
Mercedes AMG C63 DTM DTM 0 ---
---
Hankook  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
DTM
1:17.152
---
spanner
Qualifying
Audi RS5 DTMFebruary 26, 2017, 09:18:51 PM +0000
E4DTM
Race Room Experience
DTM
1:17.917
---
spanner
Race
Audi RS5 DTMFebruary 26, 2017, 09:18:51 PM +0000
E4DTM
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 4 (2017) Race Room DTM - Zandvoort - Feb 26  (Read 3567 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2016, 12:40:55 PM +0000 »

Practice: 20:00 GMT (30 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 40 Mins

Cars allowed: DTM 2016
Track: Zandvoort GP
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:43:12 PM +0000 »

Leaderboard...
http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=1678&car_class=class-5262

Thought we had done this combo. Guess not!

Setup wise so far i just dropped the springs down, two up from bottom, reduced rear toe, reduced front ARB. But tyre waer will be interesting, timetrials dont have wear.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 09:35:24 PM +0000 »

sorry to who ever it was I clashed with on the last lap, I just saw two cars about to lap me in my mirrors and didn't want to get in the way of a close battle so lifted off (a bit too much!)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 09:45:53 PM +0000 »

That was a tough one. Struggled all race with exit oversteer especially out of the slower corners and eventually planted it in the barrier trying to drag myself up to Mark  Hit with a wet fish

Sorry for the strange quali, I missed a setting on our newly installed server but I've changed it back to the usual now.

Grats to pody  Cool

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:56:27 PM +0000 »

Results will have to be done by hand, I missed part of the path out so I got no .xml file
there is a .json on the server, but our results system is configured to accept .xml
I will try to sort it tommorrow.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
weatherman45

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 10:03:40 PM +0000 »

sorry to who ever it was I clashed with on the last lap, I just saw two cars about to lap me in my mirrors and didn't want to get in the way of a close battle so lifted off (a bit too much!)

Yeah, it was me chasing down Mark, I got such a good run on the inside turn 1 tried to keep momentum but didn't realize you would brake to let us through I was so close to your bumper no chance to avoid.  No worries it happens.  I caught the curb at the start and sent me spinning off to the rear anyways, long haul back up for me, was happy to just be on podium.
How was everyone's tire wear. I dipped into the orange in the last 6 mins with front left it takes quite a beating here, other 3 yellow. Also found a setup from 2015 dtm https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ajs-setup-workshop.2873/
wasn't a perfect match but worked out ok.  I didn't search for very long, did anyone else find a more current setup. 

Carl

Turn in early with big speed !
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 10:17:03 PM +0000 »

How was everyone's tire wear.
I did the last lap and a half with only 3 tyres, the front left puncturing before the end. After the last disaster, and this, not sure I'll bother doing any more.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 12:33:17 PM +0000 »

That was pretty tough.. Was quite please to start P2 until Eck somehow warped in to P1 before T1. After Carl lost it on the kurbs after the hairpin I tried to hassle Eck but knew I was pushing too hard. After 10mins I was starting to drift away from him and tried to just manage the gap a bit but then started focusing on what was happening behind. GT was still within range and Carl was recovering and clearly still quick. As the race wore on I struggled with tyre wear while seeing the gaps behind getting smaller! GT falling off actually was not good as it allowed Carl to close up too quickly!

TBH how that ended did annoy me as I would have expected more patience and awareness as it looked like Carl just drove into the back of SRW but if SRW did lift that would have surprised me as well, though I do try not to follow people closely until I've learnt there style.

These races do seem to be more about tyre management which isn't what I was expecting. Both fronts were red, rears yellow I think I ended up with. Front left was the worst. If people are getting less tyre wear then i'd be interested in seeing the setup. I'f been getting softer and softer with the setups but still more to do.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 06:49:55 PM +0000 »

@Spanner,

yes I did lift. it was a split second decision as I saw two cars coming up to lap me and fighting for position on the last lap. I was trying to get out of the way before the long fast twisty section
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 08:24:09 PM +0000 »

These races do seem to be more about tyre management which isn't what I was expecting. Both fronts were red, rears yellow I think I ended up with. Front left was the worst. If people are getting less tyre wear then i'd be interested in seeing the setup. I'f been getting softer and softer with the setups but still more to do.

TBH I was thinking the tyre wear was a bit too much for us too. I set this series out as true to the RL Saturday races but if we feel the tyre wear spoils our enjoyment I'd be happy to drop the races down to 30 minutes. The other option would be 60 minutes with an enforced pitstop but personally I think these cars are better suited to no-stop sprint events.

Let me know what you think.

weatherman45

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 02:01:07 AM +0000 »

It is possible the setup I linked to really helped slow tire wear, but uncertain as I didn't do same distance on default setup.  I will admit it seemed like a more comfortable car to endure the 40 mins and from Mark's first post suggestion with springs felt right.  In contrast the default felt exactly as Tudor described, gobs of power exit oversteer, very twitchy not much confidence.  Now if I had stayed in front at race start and had pressure from behind, then grip might of been a different story from pushing harder to stay ahead.  I set out to manage tire wear by listening to and avoiding tire scrub/skid through first half by varying the mid corner throttle and some coasting. Guess this would be considered trying to be smooth, but after a few hard lock ups into turn 1, it probably just evens out.   It's a shame the DTM cars aren't as fun to drive unless the setup is tweaked properly.  I've read several real world suspension setup guides, but as we all know real world adjustments you would need to feel what the car is doing and in my world and budget I can't justify the $$$ for that sort of simulation rig.  Setup seems to just confuse and frustrate me mostly, cure understeer and create oversteer and vice versa.  I try mostly to soften stuff up, or find others who share setups.  Obviously there will always be a conflict of opinion of what is good, since we all have our own driving styles but the ones posted online with a lap time to prove are a good baseline to try.
 On the flip side, sometimes the setups are meant for fastest lap time with massive negative camber and tire destroying adjustments for the all out time attack for a few laps.  Not ideal for the endurance  session, and the confusion continues... Huh  apologies if this topic has been beaten to death on hear before, I didn't search.

I rather enjoy the tire debacle, I find each event has it's own set of challenges to tackle.  Some cars/tracks are not as enjoyable to drive but tire management being very much a simulation strategy to learn and simwise is widely used by several teams across all motorsport.   Wink

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:03:07 AM +0000 by weatherman45 » Logged

Turn in early with big speed !
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 09:40:49 AM +0000 »

Matt has managed to put together a set of results to reflect the finishing positions and allocate championship points from this event. There are a few oddities in there but the important thing is that the race order and points table seem correct.

Thanks again Matt for sorting this out for us  Cool

Regards setup, I haven't really looked at doing much with Raceroom. My setups in other sims always used to focus on motec readings for tyre temps but as we can't set pressures or easily monitor temps I gave up. This is actually my biggest frustration with Raceroom and the devs don't show any sign of wanting to do this. All I now do is try to get the cars reacting quickly usually by high arb settings and then hope for the best.

I haven't had any feedback about reducing race length for these DTM events so I'm going to drop them down to 30 minutes to try to avoid drivers puncturing. Hopefully the races will be more enjoyable for it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com