The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:23:15 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E4GTR3E Monza: April 02, 2017
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 4 (2017) Race Room GTR3 Endurance - Monza - Apr 2  (Read 2458 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2016, 01:03:37 PM +0000 »

Practice: 20:00 BST (30 mins)
Qualifying: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 60 Minutes

Cars allowed: Any car from "GTR3" class

Track: Monza GP
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon

Start: Manual rolling start with formation lap
Tyre wear: x1
Fuel consumption: x2
Pit-stops: Mandatory pitstop required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:45:09 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 06:17:20 AM +0100 »

Hope to join for this. I need to train pitstops. Are they any different in single races?
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 10:06:30 AM +0100 »

Hope to join for this. I need to train pitstops. Are they any different in single races?

You should be able to practice your pitstops in single player TT. The procedure is pretty simple as long as you remember to activate your pitstop and map the necessary keys/buttons.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 11:51:43 AM +0100 »

The procedure doesnt seem any different from 'before' accept you need to do the pit limiter manually.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 09:20:25 PM +0100 »

fired up my PC at 8pm,AVG update...830pm PC finally rebooted. R3E wouldn't work....9:10pm managed to get R3E to work. So no racing for me tonight Sad
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 09:30:54 PM +0100 »

Hit with a wet fish

what a race  Tongue
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 09:32:24 PM +0100 »

You should be able to practice your pitstops in single player TT. The procedure is pretty simple as long as you remember to activate your pitstop and map the necessary keys/buttons.

Roll Eyes

Pretty simple but apparently not for me. I think others might have suffered the same fate too which is a shame because it was a crracking race up until then. Well done TT for at least getting it right  Smiley

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 10:34:42 PM +0100 »

I came out of the pits, and despite going realllllllllyyyy slow, I got a stop angd go, I can never remember whether
it leaves the pit limiter on or not, it seems not, was already behind, so quit. I am never happy with pit stops anyway.

And, for the 2nd race in a row, it has not output any race results, or non that I can find. The ftp export has not worked
and it hasn't saved anything local either. Previously it exported to ftp, and saved local in a directory in Pete's tree.

If you know where they are hiding Pete, shout up, other wise we have no results, It's too much of a faff to create
a file from scratch.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:37:15 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 07:39:30 AM +0100 »

I failed at the pitstop too, everything was green but it told me to Go Go Go after 2.2 secs  Undecided

I'll see if I can find anything Matt.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 07:57:43 AM +0100 »

I can find some results in %appdata%\local\Sector3_Studios_AB\results\49055

Last Thursday's NSU results are there but nothing for last night. No results anywhere else either, I did a global search based on the results file format Sad

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 09:01:47 AM +0100 »

Ok, thanks for looking. I will run a private test race. I set the ftp download, and it completed for the NSU event
It failed for the WTCC race because it didn't see it as "finished" Did last night's event "finish" in normal terms?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 09:12:22 AM +0100 »

Did last night's event "finish" in normal terms?
No idea as I quit in a huff after another pit stop failure

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2017, 05:45:37 PM +0100 »

I left after fluffing my pitstop as I was 40+ seconds down and facing a stop/go too. I think TT left shortly afterwards.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2017, 05:59:40 PM +0100 »

Yea, might be the reason I quit as well. Didn't see the point in driving alone for the last 20 min... Until then I was barely keeping up on 3rd place, making mistakes as was trying to catch up. Might have been a good finish.  Smiley
Pitstop is really easy, even if I should say it. As somebody pointed out, when you decide on strat you need to click on fuel, tyres, repair to make it green, then you just press Enter as you enter the pitlane. As for pit speeding, it's really not clear where you have to put limiter on, so I just slowed at the first line. Seems to have done the right thing.  Smiley

P.S. Hope my grammar is ok, I'm writing in English less and less and using tenses can be a bit tricky. My language only has 4 of those...  Roll Eyes
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 06:12:07 PM +0100 »

English looks good. How many tenses do we have?
Was/is/will be

Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com