The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 10:02:28 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which series would most of you like to start the new year?
GT3 series - British or European - 6 (25%)
Historic race series - various cars - 5 (20.8%)
Porsche Supercup series using cup car - 7 (29.2%)
Group C series - 6 (25%)
Trackday series - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: New AC series 2017  (Read 6255 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2016, 03:37:10 PM +0000 »

As many on here do not generally chat in the various AC threads, please give me some idea where the majority of you would like to race in the first series of the new year. I like all of the above so I am happy to organise any but I want the best grid turnouts so your vote is important.
You can elaborate below too.

Ta Muchly  Smiley

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:45:53 PM +0000 »

my vote went for Porsche supercup and GT3. I love modern GT's and touring cars.

.....Would be good to include some of the British GT tracks to the GT3 series

Keep up the good work MJ, it is appreciated
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 05:48:34 PM +0000 »

I'll race anything - But as I'll probably leave the country before the first series is over I'd rather you don't jump straight back into the GT3's so I can actually drive some new stuff!
Preferences are ticked  Smiley
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 06:09:25 PM +0000 »

I don't really mind out of those options, but several people said there will be new GT3's coming quite soon, so the question is, when do you want that series?

The Porsche Cup is popular, I haven't tried any PP3 car yet, so don't know.

Group C could be thrilling, but also limit the drivers who will like it.

Track day cars are great for close racing, but terrible to find a group of competitive cars that mix.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 06:40:42 PM +0000 »

I voted Porsche Supercup and would then like GT3 when the new cars arrive.

As for track day races, I think these should always be one off fun filler races between championship and nothing too series. I'm happy to keep testing to find cars that match.

Michael Boylan

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 10:40:20 AM +0000 »

Hmm as per usual...threads had 50 views but only 7 votes assuming you all made two choices  helpsmilie
lol don't make it easy for me do you?  Grin

Fwiw I voted Porsche cup and group C  Smiley

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 11:25:13 AM +0000 »

I didn't vote, as I don't really care with these choices.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 01:26:57 PM +0000 »

Hi all. The 911 cup looks like a good and close series. Maybe to use some championship ballast? But instead of the grinding out the usual tracks, how about using some Aussie tracks for a change? (been watching the Aussie Supercup series  angel) We have got Eastern Creek, Adelaide, Barbagallo, Bathurst and i believe there is another floating around.
Two rounds doing double sprint race and two single heat longer races. And we could include 2x fuel use to stimulate pit stops. just my 2 cents.

Oh and of course Group C's. Then start with the GT3 series (british tracks please Wink)

School is important, but race cars are importanter
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 01:48:46 PM +0000 »

group C's work well on the american tracks like Sebring, Laguna Seca, Road America, Road Atlanta etc (obviously lemans would have to be dropped in also Smiley )

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 05:19:43 PM +0000 »

I didn't vote, as I don't really care with these choices.

does that mean you don't like any of them or do you mean you will race any of them happily? Should still put your favoured choice In the poll otherwise I am just spitting in the wind  Tongue

Re Bathurst, I like that track but wasn't aware there is a good mod version of it?

Porsche cup is leading the charge so far.  Smiley and as I said earlier, gt3 will happen, this was more about what to start the new year with whilst lots of cool new content to play with.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:22:01 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 05:55:58 PM +0000 »

The modded version of Bathurst is pretty good. Raced it twice over at Core and  there weren't any complains.

Porsche cup definitely seems the best choice, might add some new faces on here aswell as I remember reading over at the AC forum about people asking if there were leagues racing these things ( since public races mostly suck  Grin

I also voted for the GT3's (especially since 1.11, they all feel abit different (better) now), but I wouldn't mind a group C series aswell someday, haven't yet gave them enough attention  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 07:58:16 PM +0000 »

yeah I agree about it probably attracting more racers over at Kunos. I intend to stick an add there once I know what we are going for.

I hope you lot aren't quicker than the AI in the cup cars, I keep getting my butt handed to me at both Zandvoort and Nurburg Sprint by them  Embarrassed  Tried a few arb combinations but I cant increase my pace much other than tail end Charlie in the AI Porsche train.  Huh
Think my pb's were 1:42.0 at zand and 1:28.7 at Nurb GT sprint, both with about 25L fuel in.

Edit new pb at Zandvoort by 1 sec!   Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:34:40 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 08:04:58 PM +0000 »

does that mean you don't like any of them or do you mean you will race any of them happily? Should still put your favoured choice In the poll otherwise I am just spitting in the wind  Tongue

Any of them is fine by me, but I won't vote as I probably can't make some of the races, so don't wanna tip the balance to one side.
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 12:28:14 PM +0000 »

how about using some Aussie tracks for a change? (been watching the Aussie Supercup series  angel) We have got Eastern Creek, Adelaide, Barbagallo, Bathurst and i believe there is another floating around.

I thought this was an intriguing prospect. So, I looked in my track folder. I have Adelaide, Barbagallo, Bathurst, Eastern Creek, Oran Park (doesn't exist anymore, in the real world), Phillip Island, Sandown, Surfers Paradise (not the most recent layout), Symmons Plains and Wakefield Park from Aus. And from NZ, Highlands Motorsport Park (a relatively new venue, holds a round of the GT champs), Manfield Autocourse, Pukekohe Park, Ruapuna Park, Taupo MP and Teretonga. They're probably not all upto close scrutiny but hopefully, you could construct a reasonable championship from that selection. Incidentally, I didn't use either vote for the cup cars... lol.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 02:06:50 PM +0000 »

Cool. Did not know about all those tracks exept the first 4. Can you give me a pointer to where to find the rest of those tracks Eck?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com