The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 06:16:28 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which series would most of you like to start the new year?
GT3 series - British or European - 6 (25%)
Historic race series - various cars - 5 (20.8%)
Porsche Supercup series using cup car - 7 (29.2%)
Group C series - 6 (25%)
Trackday series - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: New AC series 2017  (Read 6265 times)
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 07:00:55 PM +0000 »

Have they said when the new BMW and Audi are released?

BMW was said to be released early 2017 so knowing kunos it will probably released late June Cheesy

Audi i dont know, but there is a nice looking, newly released mod of it available.. havent driven it to compare its performance tho :/
can anybody clarify if it is BOPed to the other GT3 cars?

Denis Marquardt
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2017, 07:31:28 PM +0000 »

Both GT3 cars will probably come with the Laguna Seca DLC, which is postponed to Q2 2017
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 09:28:39 PM +0000 »

After the Porsche championship, can we run a couple of the one off track day races before we jump into another championship.  It's always good to have a few fun races between championships before starting a new one.

Michael Boylan

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 10:11:59 PM +0000 »

Fun race; something like the 919's ?  angel
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 10:54:28 PM +0000 »

Fun race; something like the 919's ?  angel

I was also watching an old Top Gear when they took the Ferrari, Porsche and Mercedes around America and stopped at Virginia Raceway. Just tried the same in AC with the 458, 911 GT3 and AMG Merc and it was a total hoot so that would be one of my suggestions. 

Michael Boylan

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 06:44:42 PM +0000 »

So, now we have timed races in multilayer,  can we do some timed multiclass endurance races with pitstops please?? My suggestion is,

Mixed class: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and Porsche Cayman GT4 Cup (Possibly include Maserati GT4 and Lotus 2-11 GT4 to mix it up even more)
Rounds: 4 x 1 hour events.
Circuits: Spa, The Ring, Silverstone, Monza (open to discussion)
Rules: Each driver must drive two rounds in the GT4 car and two rounds in the GT3 Cup car. Driver to choose which car for each round.
Pitstops: Yes (Multiple if possible to set)

What we think, could be fun using these cars as we seem to all like them. Running multiclass as well could be fun especially when the aliens will have to do two rounds in the GT4 cars. Could be some close racing but also a tight championship.

Michael Boylan

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 07:17:41 PM +0000 »

I'm game for some endurance racing. We do need to test the timed races and the start procedures between the current Porsche Cup series and whatever Mark has lined up next.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 07:52:59 PM +0000 »

As long as we start at a similar time to current then 1 hour enduros are fine by me  Smiley

Remember we also have a fairly good selection of road cars we can campaign at Sugo as well  Wink
And my testing is still suggesting that the GT40 and 908 are fairly close to one another in lap times  Cool
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2017, 08:08:06 PM +0000 »

I dont mind much which type of car it ends up as, aslong it has alot of horses hidden under the hood  Grin

Though some classic race cars sounds good for it. The 962's, maybe the 917 aswell. The moby dick. Shame the 787b isn't out yet.

Might also include the new highlands long version.
917 at that track  Shocked
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 09:30:03 PM +0000 »

So, now we have timed races in multilayer,  can we do some timed multiclass endurance races with pitstops please?? My suggestion is,

Mixed class: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and Porsche Cayman GT4 Cup (Possibly include Maserati GT4 and Lotus 2-11 GT4 to mix it up even more)
Rules: Each driver must drive two rounds in the GT4 car and two rounds in the GT3 Cup car. Driver to choose which car for each round.

What we think, could be fun using these cars as we seem to all like them. Running multiclass as well could be fun especially when the aliens will have to do two rounds in the GT4 cars. Could be some close racing but also a tight championship.

Sounds good to me. Although imo it would be better to stick to one car for all rounds. (and maybe limit the amount of cars from one class to ensure that both classes are roughly the same size)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:33:21 PM +0000 by nfsw55 » Logged
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2017, 09:46:31 PM +0000 »

I dont mind much which type of car it ends up as, aslong it has alot of horses hidden under the hood  Grin

Though some classic race cars sounds good for it. The 962's, maybe the 917 aswell. The moby dick. Shame the 787b isn't out yet.

Might also include the new highlands long version.
917 at that track  Shocked

I think we should run some classic cars also but for the endurance I would suggest using a car that we are all fairly comfortable with to keep numbers up and so people don't drop out from frustration.

Michael Boylan

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 10:03:09 PM +0000 »

So, now we have timed races in multilayer,  can we do some timed multiclass endurance races with pitstops please?? My suggestion is,

Sounds good to me. Although imo it would be better to stick to one car for all rounds. (and maybe limit the amount of cars from one class to ensure that both classes are roughly the same size)

I did wonder about maybe suggesting people declare the choice of car in the thread for each round so drivers can mix and match with other drivers. The thing I like about running the mix class is not only will it add a fun element into each round, it can also spice things up. For example, if the first round, the really quick drivers take the slower GT4 cars and then some of the mid pack drivers take the faster 911 GT3 car,  you could at the end of round one have people who wouldn't normally be getting wins and podiums leading the championship. Everything would then be turned on its head for round 2 as drivers decide do they pick the faster car again to maintain the championship lead or save the faster car for a track they feel happier at. Likewise, they may see the faster drivers take the GT3 car so will not risk it and try and maximise points in a later round when the faster drivers take the GT4 car again. On top of that, you have the element of bad luck and driver errors which could really hurt your championship or help it. You really wouldn't know where you stood in the Championship until the end but every position could be vital.

I've done something similar where we ran 4 stints at Le Mans in GT Legends with two classes and it was great fun.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:21:39 PM +0000 by Linus27 » Logged

Michael Boylan

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 10:45:24 PM +0000 »

I did wonder about maybe suggesting people declare the choice of car in the thread for each round so drivers can mix and match with other drivers. The thing I like about running the mix class is not only will it add a fun element into each round, it can also spice things up. For example, if the first round, the really quick drivers take the slower GT4 cars and then some of the mid pack drivers take the faster 911 GT3 car,  you could at the end of round one have people who wouldn't normally be getting wins and podiums leading the championship. Everything would then be turned on its head for round 2 as drivers decide do they pick the faster car again to maintain the championship lead or save the faster car for a track they feel happier at. Likewise, they may see the faster drivers take the GT3 car so will not risk it and try and maximise points in a later round when the faster drivers take the GT4 car again. On top of that, you have the element of bad luck and driver errors which could really hurt your championship or help it. You really would know where you stood in the Championship until the end but every position could be vital.

I've done something similar where we ran 4 stints at Le Mans in GT Legends with two classes and it was great fun.

That actually sounds pretty interesting that way  Tongue
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 11:04:01 PM +0000 »

I did wonder about maybe suggesting people declare the choice of car in the thread for each round so drivers can mix and match with other drivers. The thing I like about running the mix class is not only will it add a fun element into each round, it can also spice things up. For example, if the first round, the really quick drivers take the slower GT4 cars and then some of the mid pack drivers take the faster 911 GT3 car,  you could at the end of round one have people who wouldn't normally be getting wins and podiums leading the championship. Everything would then be turned on its head for round 2 as drivers decide do they pick the faster car again to maintain the championship lead or save the faster car for a track they feel happier at. Likewise, they may see the faster drivers take the GT3 car so will not risk it and try and maximise points in a later round when the faster drivers take the GT4 car again. On top of that, you have the element of bad luck and driver errors which could really hurt your championship or help it. You really would know where you stood in the Championship until the end but every position could be vital.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thought that points will be rewarded for each class, but if there'll be just points for the overall classification then your suggestion is really interesting.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 11:30:42 PM +0000 »

I did wonder about maybe suggesting people declare the choice of car in the thread for each round so drivers can mix and match with other drivers. The thing I like about running the mix class is not only will it add a fun element into each round, it can also spice things up. For example, if the first round, the really quick drivers take the slower GT4 cars and then some of the mid pack drivers take the faster 911 GT3 car,  you could at the end of round one have people who wouldn't normally be getting wins and podiums leading the championship. Everything would then be turned on its head for round 2 as drivers decide do they pick the faster car again to maintain the championship lead or save the faster car for a track they feel happier at. Likewise, they may see the faster drivers take the GT3 car so will not risk it and try and maximise points in a later round when the faster drivers take the GT4 car again. On top of that, you have the element of bad luck and driver errors which could really hurt your championship or help it. You really would know where you stood in the Championship until the end but every position could be vital.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thought that points will be rewarded for each class, but if there'll be just points for the overall classification then your suggestion is really interesting.

Yes, just points for overall classification so if you come first in a GT3 car or first in a GT4 car, you still get the same points. So the points you score in the GT3 and GT4 would be combined so it's vital that you score well in both cars as all the other drivers around you could also be scoring highly. What I really like about it though is that it gives all drivers the opportunity to score winsurance and podiums when the fast guys are in the slower GT4 cars. It might also balance it out, for example, if Maikel is in the GT4 and I'm in the GT3 car, then with him being the faster drivers but me being in the faster car, it might make for some interesting races.

Michael Boylan

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com