The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 03:40:56 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Porsche Cup Series 2017 - Jan 11th start  (Read 15012 times)
Samwell952

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2017, 07:28:27 PM +0000 »

Thank you both Smiley
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2017, 12:05:47 AM +0000 »

where do i find the championship standings? im a bit lost right now :/

Denis Marquardt
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2017, 01:37:31 AM +0000 »

Click on your name or your profile and then go to "racing history" on the left side. There you'll find all championships you took part in.
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2017, 01:51:09 AM +0000 »

Click on your name or your profile and then go to "racing history" on the left side. There you'll find all championships you took part in.

thanks!

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2017, 08:06:06 AM +0000 »

The standings are also at the top of the main site page  Smiley

Porsche cup table after 4 rounds :-

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=588&theme=4

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2017, 08:46:13 AM +0000 »

wow.. how is anyone supposed to find that on his own? lol

btw, what are all the weird abbreviations stand for? A2PC for instance.. PC is Porsche Cup, obviously, but A2?

Denis Marquardt
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2017, 08:57:40 AM +0000 »

wow.. how is anyone supposed to find that on his own? lol
It's actually not hard, Dave has created links all over the place to see results/championship standings etc. Where is says Series, near the top of the page, you can click on A2PC and it shows what Mark has linked to. If you click on a race topic, there is a link to the series standings above where the results appear. If you click on your forum profile Dave has added a racing history section where you can see all the events you've taken part in.

btw, what are all the weird abbreviations stand for? A2PC for instance.. PC is Porsche Cup, obviously, but A2?
Each race series needs a code; A will be Assetto Corsa, 2 is Season 2 I'd think. You might argue this is Series 1 of the Porsche Cup but these aren't a science Wink

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2017, 09:11:13 AM +0000 »

it's actually not hard.

while this may make sense to all of you who have been here for ages, it really is incredibly difficult to figure this website out for newcomers.

what is the "code" used for btw? i mean, what do you need this simple code for.. if its just an abbreviation for every user to navigate to the specific series, it might be worth a rethinking, making it more obvious what this specific link links to.
If its just for you admins, it might be worth to hide it smh or create a "standings" button or what not.

When it comes to user friendliness, you have to think of your "customers" as the most stupid morons possible Cheesy

just some feedback from my side

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2017, 09:26:16 AM +0000 »

I disagree actually, I think it's pretty easy to navigate around this site, mainly because it's a bit boring and functional compared to most racing sites  Grin
When I go on acrl etc I get properly lost trying to find race threads/passwords  etc.
Core have a fairly nice site, nice layout etc I just don't like the cars they choose for racing.

Anyway you will be pleased to know that the Porsche series standings link now appears at the foot of each new Race thread 1st post  angel

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2017, 09:28:38 AM +0000 »

I think it's a valid point and I will make sure that a race series designation is explained under the START HERE tab. Thanks for the useful feedback  thumbup1

EDIT: Just checked and an explanation (albeit slightly out of date) is already there. I will get it updated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 09:30:58 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2017, 09:42:19 AM +0000 »

I disagree actually, I think it's pretty easy to navigate around this site, mainly because it's a bit boring and functional compared to most racing sites  Grin
When I go on acrl etc I get properly lost trying to find race threads/passwords  etc.
Core have a fairly nice site, nice layout etc I just don't like the cars they choose for racing.

Anyway you will be pleased to know that the Porsche series standings link now appears at the foot of each new Race thread 1st post  angel

yeah, CORE are top notch in that regard.. i have the same problem as you do tho, they just dont run series i am interested in.

and the ACRL page isnt user friendly as well Cheesy so not really a benchmark here haha

The thing is, while this website is highly functional, you kinda get thrown all the information at you at once and its overwhelming for newcomers. Especially as you run on multiple platforms, it is even more of a challenge to make things nice and tidy.
To me it was super confusing when visitin the website the first times in summer, to even find the community navigation page, to find the AC section. The "Start here" landing page doesnt really help you out at first glance.

If i may give an easy solution to that:
You could just have links to each subcommunity (each game) on the landing page, people can click on and get redirected to the specific section only.

--> I visit Simracing.org.uk and see the landing page with the Names of all the Games you are hosting, i click on AC as this is the game i am interested in and then get directed to UKAC

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2017, 05:34:20 PM +0000 »

The Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12hr this weekend if you want some tips  Wink

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2017, 10:14:34 PM +0000 »

Just found out that the next season ( starting march 5th ) on sunday racing over at Core is going to be the Porsche Supercup aswell. Right after we finish it up here  Grin
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2017, 10:55:12 PM +0000 »

Just found out that the next season ( starting march 5th ) on sunday racing over at Core is going to be the Porsche Supercup aswell. Right after we finish it up here  Grin

would love to join that but sunday races are already occupied :/ damn it

*looks at Mark*
*whispers* "do another season"

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2017, 11:42:21 PM +0000 »

Anyone would think they've been spying over here and nicking my ideas  whistling  still they say immitation is the best form of flattery  Grin

Lol Denis, oh I expect we will run this series again another time but let's at least finish this one first eh  Wink Kiss

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com