The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 03:12:08 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2PC Zandvoort: January 18, 2017
January 18, 2017, 09:07:50 PM +0000 - Zandvoort (GP) - UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jeffrey

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 2 +0.063
---
1 30:21.494
---
18 1:40.020
---
Michelin  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 1 1:39.849
---
2 +1.335
---
18 1:39.658
---
Michelin  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 3 +0.391
---
3 +12.060
---
18 1:40.740
---
Michelin  
LucaBabetto

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 8 +0.826
---
4 +13.280
---
18 1:40.660
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 9 +0.918
---
5 +15.476
---
18 1:40.692
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 5 +0.612
---
6 +22.693
---
18 1:40.770
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 10 +1.186
---
7 +29.106
---
18 1:41.391
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 7 +0.802
---
8 +32.503
---
18 1:40.911
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 6 +0.801
---
9 +39.489
---
18 1:41.643
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 14 +1.868
---
10 +52.696
---
18 1:41.677
---
Michelin  
LesN

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 17 +3.051
---
11 +1:00.263
---
18 1:42.081
---
Michelin  
Brocookie

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 12 +1.620
---
12 +1:04.804
---
18 1:40.523
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 13 +1.847
---
13 +1:07.307
---
18 1:41.791
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 18 +3.383
---
14 +1:12.776
---
18 1:42.489
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 16 +2.326
---
15 +1:13.507
---
18 1:42.451
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 15 +2.163
---
16 +1:15.097
---
18 1:41.651
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 4 +0.520
---
17 +1L
---
17 1:40.594
---
Michelin  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 11 +1.221
---
18 +16L
---
2 1:46.827
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Michelin  
ChrisR

---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Porsche Cup Round2 at Zandvoort - Jan 18  (Read 10645 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2017, 04:47:39 AM +0000 »

Again an intense race, eventhough Zandvoort is probably my least favorite track  Grin

Right from the start I was side by side with Jeffrey in T1, then T2, continuing through T3 and then through the bumpy uphill( updune  Huh ) part where we almost made it out unscathed. First time I got bumped off track by him ( if you don't like these cars though, don't take it out on me ... jk  Tongue, I knew that was a recipe for disaster but refused to back out of it  Grin )

I was actually all the way on the outside of the turn, giving you the space, but ran out of road and hit the curb on the outside, which made the car bounce to the inside. I didn't even feel any contatc, and when I saw you were only 1,5 second behind me, I thought you backed out of the move, but on the replay it looks terrible  Undecided.

Only did this race because I was still on the list and I don't like a DNF, but you can remove me from the entry list now.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2017, 07:21:10 AM +0000 »

You sure Jeff? You might want to try them on another circuit first as Zandvoorts bumps didn't showcase their handling too well. Even Simon and Lotus Michael are smitten  Grin

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2017, 08:26:37 AM +0000 »

That was great fun. I was very cautious on 1st lap not attempting to overtake when I could have and with others getting involved I was up to 5th before long, so it paid off for sure (not getting involved). I tailed 4th and 3rd for most of the race but with about 5 laps to go it was clear I wasn't really in the fight for 3rd after all and just cruised safely to the finish. Before that it was on the limit the whole way (which was definitely the most enjoyable way to drive these cars around Zandvoort). These cars are surprisingly good fun to drive, something I never expected and definitely the most fun Porsche I've ever driven. Tongue

Thanks for hosting.

Jeffery you make me smile. Who else could win the race and still go off in a huff. We need this kind of entertainment to keep the TV cameras watching. Tongue angel Kiss

I think I got everyone in...  Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2017, 09:21:45 AM +0000 »

Great photo  Cool at least 4 cars taking a very wide line into T1  laugh and who's that bringing up the rear? How are you so far back before the very short run to t1?

Incidentally as a couple have asked for it I think we will try the false start gizmo. But it needs testing pre race if possible.

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:49 AM +0000 »

You sure Jeff? You might want to try them on another circuit first as Zandvoorts bumps didn't showcase their handling too well. Even Simon and Lotus Michael are smitten  Grin

Lotus Michael - awesome  Grin

Loving these cars and I didn't actually find Zandy that bumpy. These cars are great Smiley

Michael Boylan

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2017, 10:03:23 AM +0000 »

How are you so far back before the very short run to t1?
That was me  Embarrassed I lost 4 places (would have been more except there was no one left to overtake me) on the run down to T1. I think I need to practice my starts. However I gained all those places back because of the shenanigans between T1 and T2!

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2017, 10:13:33 AM +0000 »

That was me  Embarrassed I lost 4 places (would have been more except there was no one left to overtake me) on the run down to T1. I think I need to practice my starts. However I gained all those places back because of the shenanigans between T1 and T2!
Sharks often lurk at the rear waiting for unsuspecting prey! Grin

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2017, 12:14:39 PM +0000 »

this was kinda schrödingers race for me.

it was superb and bad at the same time. the first 9 laps were strictly intense: i had a surprisingly good start, gaining 7 (!) spots in the first lap (i think the first corner as well) and saw myself on P6 behind Simon and Luca. i tried to attack Simon immediatly, but he defended well and since then i just couldnt get anywhere near him anymore. we all had a stable gap to each other of about 0,5-1 seconds and went on like that for the next laps.

I didnt really feel comfortable in my car even tho i had little to no issues in practice the other day. (i really should stop only showing up for a quick qualify run but warm up properly in the pre-quali practice session)... anyways, as i had to push very hard to keep up with luca and simon i made a mistake into the Hairpin, spinning my car around and loosing 2-3 spots. But due to the little donut i had to make, my rear tyres were super hot which led to another 2 spins, making me lose over 40 seconds in just one lap.. gg Denis. gg

i then saw myself at the very back of the field and tried to make up for as many positions as possible. I had Chris (i believe it was) in front of me, had the better pace but as it was very hard to overtake at this track i was kinda stuck. So i tried to force an overtake in the second last corner as i tried to squeeze through on the inside. I dont think it was a divebomb but looking at the replay i wasnt as much on his side as i thought i would be in the race. Anyways, could have probably left more space but it was my fault nevertheless....

i also want to apologize for not waiting for you, chris.. normally i do that when i know i made a mistake, but in the race i thought you turned into me.
after watching the replay i know i should have at least waited for you, sorry

anyways, fun circuit for these cars, but very demanding for sure.
lets see what silverstone brings us Smiley

i love this series, did i mention that already? Wink
I can't deny that i was a bit peeved but your apology is accepted. I appreciate the frustration that you faster guys have when you come up behind slower drivers, you obviously want to push on. I myself found that I was being held back sometime during the race but didn't want to push to the point where contact was going to happen. Denis the irony is that you were so close to me in sector 3 that you would have almost certainly had a faster exit onto the pit straight and would have out dragged me into T1.

Still learning so be patient
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2017, 12:41:57 PM +0000 »

this was kinda schrödingers race for me.

it was superb and bad at the same time. the first 9 laps were strictly intense: i had a surprisingly good start, gaining 7 (!) spots in the first lap (i think the first corner as well) and saw myself on P6 behind Simon and Luca. i tried to attack Simon immediatly, but he defended well and since then i just couldnt get anywhere near him anymore. we all had a stable gap to each other of about 0,5-1 seconds and went on like that for the next laps.

I didnt really feel comfortable in my car even tho i had little to no issues in practice the other day. (i really should stop only showing up for a quick qualify run but warm up properly in the pre-quali practice session)... anyways, as i had to push very hard to keep up with luca and simon i made a mistake into the Hairpin, spinning my car around and loosing 2-3 spots. But due to the little donut i had to make, my rear tyres were super hot which led to another 2 spins, making me lose over 40 seconds in just one lap.. gg Denis. gg

i then saw myself at the very back of the field and tried to make up for as many positions as possible. I had Chris (i believe it was) in front of me, had the better pace but as it was very hard to overtake at this track i was kinda stuck. So i tried to force an overtake in the second last corner as i tried to squeeze through on the inside. I dont think it was a divebomb but looking at the replay i wasnt as much on his side as i thought i would be in the race. Anyways, could have probably left more space but it was my fault nevertheless....

i also want to apologize for not waiting for you, chris.. normally i do that when i know i made a mistake, but in the race i thought you turned into me.
after watching the replay i know i should have at least waited for you, sorry

anyways, fun circuit for these cars, but very demanding for sure.
lets see what silverstone brings us Smiley

i love this series, did i mention that already? Wink
I can't deny that i was a bit peeved but your apology is accepted. I appreciate the frustration that you faster guys have when you come up behind slower drivers, you obviously want to push on. I myself found that I was being held back sometime during the race but didn't want to push to the point where contact was going to happen. Denis the irony is that you were so close to me in sector 3 that you would have almost certainly had a faster exit onto the pit straight and would have out dragged me into T1.

this is normally not my style at all, i am usually a patient driver and try to avoid stupid moves like that at all cost. But my muck up that brought me to the back of the grid kinda made me lose my patience too early and i will have to learn from that.

you are definitely right, that i wouldve probably gotten you into T1 which emphasizes the bad move by me even more.

lessons learned, glad you accepted the apology

[Edited by The Boss - please watch the language]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:06:50 PM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2017, 01:27:38 PM +0000 »

Yes patience is the keyword and something the faster drivers often lack  Wink. We have a wide spread of pace here so all should pick your fights and your passes wisely on track, especially when in spec racing like this.

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2017, 02:19:20 PM +0000 »

Yes patience is the keyword and something the faster drivers often lack  Wink

Shocked  6 laps it took me to overtake Thomas ( great defensive driving btw  Tongue ), I didn't even know I had that much patience  Grin
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2017, 02:54:53 PM +0000 »

Grin Glad I never get stuck behind slower drivers.............
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2017, 04:44:39 PM +0000 »

Grin Glad I never get stuck behind slower drivers.............
lol

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2017, 05:16:45 PM +0000 »

Great photo  Cool at least 4 cars taking a very wide line into T1  laugh

That was how I dropped to last in T1  Cheesy

Had to go wide as I had someone on the inside - Thought I'd be cleaver and repeat the maneuvers I was performing in the Trackday race a few weeks back in my RX7, and tried to drift around the outside to overcome the cold tires.
The fronts didn't hook up though so I just ended up in the kitty litter!  censored
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2017, 01:15:05 PM +0000 »

gutted i missed the race, sounds like you had quite a blast Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com