The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 12:25:23 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2PC Zeltweg: February 01, 2017
February 01, 2017, 01:51:27 PM +0000 - Zeltweg (A1-Ring) - UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Thomas Blackett

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 2 +0.190
---
1 31:02.345
---
20 1:32.213
---
Michelin  
LucaBabetto

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 4 +0.278
---
2 +4.303
---
20 1:31.875
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 1 1:31.572
---
3 +5.399
---
20 1:31.735
---
Michelin  
Brocookie

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 7 +0.888
---
4 +11.520
---
20 1:31.946
---
Michelin  
Samwell952

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 6 +0.714
---
5 +12.390
---
20 1:32.225
---
Michelin  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 3 +0.262
---
6 +12.488
---
20 1:31.247
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 8 +0.895
---
7 +18.441
---
20 1:32.135
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 10 +1.161
---
8 +29.717
---
20 1:32.478
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 12 +2.024
---
9 +38.506
---
20 1:33.141
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 10 +38.555
---
20 1:33.182
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 17 +2.527
---
11 +43.358
---
20 1:33.597
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 15 +2.178
---
12 +44.063
---
20 1:33.335
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 9 +0.900
---
13 +44.783
---
20 1:32.562
---
Michelin  
LesN

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 13 +2.042
---
14 +47.439
---
20 1:33.026
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 16 +2.428
---
15 +1:03.622
---
20 1:33.186
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 11 +1.605
---
16 +1:05.335
---
20 1:33.007
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 14 +2.078
---
17 +4L
---
16 1:32.781
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 5 +0.685
---
18 +11L
---
9 1:32.283
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
---
Michelin  
ChrisR

---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup - Zeltweg - Feb 1  (Read 9136 times)
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2017, 10:49:39 PM +0000 »

Mehh, screwed up my race(again)

Started from P1, which was still good, but already lost one place in turn 1 and another three positions in turn 2.
Fought my way back to P2, chasing down Thomas 3 seconds in front of me, when my stupidity struck again and I spun in turn 1 cursing Fell behind Luca to P3 and stayed there for the rest of the race.
Even more annoying as this race was a good opportunity to make up some points to the championship frontrunner(s).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:50:11 AM +0000 by nfsw55 » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 10:55:38 PM +0000 »

Well done Thomas on your maiden victory here, especially in this tough close class  thumbup1

Congrats also to Sam for 5th in his first race here, hope you enjoyed it  Smiley

can someone put a link up for the replay?

Samwell952

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 11:20:54 PM +0000 »

Thanks Mark, had a lot of fun here with these cars!  Grin

Prior to the race had about an hour to practise and adjust my car, struggling with the weight distribution at the moment but will learn with  a few more races.

The start of the race was very clean at the front of the grid with no contact into the first corner which was nice. Had a nice few corners racing with Luca before he drive off into the distance with the other podium finishers.

The end of the race was also very close, Denis managed to catch up and with much better pace kept the pressure on. We traded places a few times however a clean exit of the first corner on the final lap, I felt confident I could hold him off. Another car was going for a pass on Denis and braked slightly too late, he would have pulled it off had I been further ahead but unfortunately he had to miss the corner to avoid a collision. I saw it coming in the mirror and took a very deep entry into the corner but this compromised my exit a lot and allowed Denis to catch up and pass me for 4th.

Really clean and respectful racing here for the most part, only thing I wasn't too happy about was nfsw's aggressive moves in the first few laps. He tried on two occasions to divebomb up the inside of T2. The first time was fair, I naively left the door open for him therefore I left him room on the inside but managed to hold the position. The next lap I positioned my car further over to cover him off, he was more than a car length behind so it was very opportunistic on his part and inevitably ended up with him running into the back of me. Putting the defending driver in a position where they either have to concede the place and avoid you or crash isn't very fair.

Overall however it was a very positive experience, thanks for the race and I hope next week's is just as good!  Smiley
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 11:36:12 PM +0000 »

Is there any chance you could do a video like yours for the first 2 or 3 laps from in my car? I had an interesting first 2 or 3 laps with some nice passes. Would love to show a friend at work who want to know what it's all about that we do.
Here is this vid)  Link acess only)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVxe4L6vJlk

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 11:41:20 PM +0000 »

IMHO it will be good idea to have winner's race replay as a law  Wink I was disconnected so my replay will be bad for you mate )
BTW each of pilots have yours replays anyway ( file named "cr" ) in replay folder ( if not overwrited by the next sim session)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:45:06 PM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 11:51:16 PM +0000 »

Is there any chance you could do a video like yours for the first 2 or 3 laps from in my car? I had an interesting first 2 or 3 laps with some nice passes. Would love to show a friend at work who want to know what it's all about that we do.

Oh wow, that is so cool, thank you so much. Great stuff  Grin

Michael Boylan

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2017, 11:53:20 PM +0000 »

There you GO!

i surely had a blast! what a race again, man i love these machines.

qualified in P6 and tried to get a good start like in the past two races, where i managed to take a few spots right away..
didnt happen, in fact Maikel in front parked his car right on the grid (now we all know why as well Cheesy ) and i had to avoid him, going off track and scratching my nose a bit.
I lost a couple of spots as i had to take a wide exit out of T3 just in case. So i got in P9 for the first laps and then started to muscle up my way all the way up.
I was quite surprised of my consistency (not really something i can claim to be my signature skill) but pulled off some nice battles with the guys in front.

Then after lap 10 or so, the race had settled and i started to focus on Sam in front, but only gained on him ever so slightly. Finally caught him and swapped positions a few times. Then Maikel divebombed him big time in to T2 in the last lap, allowing me to get past evading Sam and had a good laugh in the end Cheesy

Looking forward to the next race ... Best series ever and im glad you extended the series with VIR and Bathurst <3 both ridiculously demanding but fun circuits.
(deep down i am hoping for a successor season)

Denis Marquardt
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2017, 12:22:19 AM +0000 »

Denis , but why are you blinking lights behind me?  Grin Are you affrade me or just for psyhic attack?   Cheesy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 12:35:01 AM +0000 »

Denis , but why are you blinking lights behind me?  Grin Are you affrade me or just for psyhic attack?   Cheesy

i do it sometimes when i get a run on people so i kinda let them know i will set up an overtake so they better pick their line. sometimes i wanna give credits for nice defending or some other things Cheesy
it depends on the situation i guess. but mainly to get into your head Wink

ps: if people are not okay with that (even flashlights are used for that purpose irl as well) i will stop that as i dont want anyone pick it up as unsportsmanlike behavior

Denis Marquardt
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2017, 12:51:33 AM +0000 »

Ok) You can do it w me because sometimes i am sleeping in race- 4.00 AM here.  Grin
Also you can slightly bump me or use horn or gun shots over head  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:56:28 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2017, 01:16:42 AM +0000 »

Really clean and respectful racing here for the most part, only thing I wasn't too happy about was nfsw's aggressive moves in the first few laps. He tried on two occasions to divebomb up the inside of T2. The first time was fair, I naively left the door open for him therefore I left him room on the inside but managed to hold the position. The next lap I positioned my car further over to cover him off, he was more than a car length behind so it was very opportunistic on his part and inevitably ended up with him running into the back of me. Putting the defending driver in a position where they either have to concede the place and avoid you or crash isn't very fair.

Sorry for that, but you were clearly changing lines under braking, which is not a nice way to defend a position. When we both entered the braking zone you stayed on the left side and then moved into my way while braking. Nothing I could really do there because when I decided to brake later than you there was still enough room for me on the right side. Choose your line before the braking zone and everything is ok.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2017, 08:12:47 AM +0000 »

What did Mark spot in the crowd at 1:25?

i do it sometimes when i get a run on people so i kinda let them know i will set up an overtake so they better pick their line. sometimes i wanna give credits for nice defending or some other things Cheesy
it depends on the situation i guess. but mainly to get into your head Wink

ps: if people are not okay with that (even flashlights are used for that purpose irl as well) i will stop that as i dont want anyone pick it up as unsportsmanlike behavior

For me it works the other way. When I see somebody blinking their headlights behind me, I know I am getting to them. They are getting impatient, which only makes me happy. And if you wanna get past with mind games, I'm gonna make my defending a whole lot tougher and you won't get through  Tongue.
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2017, 08:38:08 AM +0000 »

For me it works the other way. When I see somebody blinking their headlights behind me, I know I am getting to them. They are getting impatient, which only makes me happy. And if you wanna get past with mind games, I'm gonna make my defending a whole lot tougher and you won't get through  Tongue.

i take that into consideration for the next time Cheesy

Denis Marquardt
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2017, 09:05:20 AM +0000 »

I flash my lights when I'm behind someone just to try and put them off a la touring cars style Smiley Its like I have my angry eyes on hehehehe

Michael Boylan

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2017, 09:33:16 AM +0000 »

Nice replay from 'divebomber Linus' cockpit  Grin  you did court disaster with a couple of those moves so beware you risk a penalty if one of them results in serious contact  hammer dodged a bullet this time  Wink

Can we have a nice short vid from an external camera capturing the early action? I can use that for promotion over at Kunos  Smiley as we appear to have a few regular no-shows in last couple of rounds. Might want to edit out Maikels fluff start though  laugh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com