The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 12:57:11 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raceroom Update 25/01  (Read 3167 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2017, 03:35:44 PM +0000 »

Despite the size (2.8gb) it deoesnt look that great except the release of Silverstone and Stowe (which is interesting)

Few changes and bug fixes that some do sound familiar.

Not sure i entirely agree with changing the previous DTM sereis cars to match the same physics as the 2016 cars tho.

Sounds like the MP browser is changing alot, even talks about adding graphics as icon to the server listing

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 04:13:23 PM +0000 »

Despite the size (2.8gb) it deoesnt look that great except the release of Silverstone and Stowe (which is interesting)

Few changes and bug fixes that some do sound familiar.

Not sure i entirely agree with changing the previous DTM sereis cars to match the same physics as the 2016 cars tho.

Sounds like the MP browser is changing alot, even talks about adding graphics as icon to the server listing

They have also given us a basic VR implementation to play with which for some will be a big deal. Manual pitstops (yay to that one Smiley), further improvements to AI which was already excellent imo and a proper profile and support for Fanatec wheels which again will be big news for some (and might even tempt Fanatec users like MJ to give Raceroom another chance  Wink).

Silverstone is very well done. Looks and drive superb and has all the currently used layouts. Stowe is a bit of a strange inclusion imo as it is only used for some of their driving experience days (AFAIK). Destined to become one of the least driven tracks in the game  Roll Eyes

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 07:08:54 PM +0000 »

I can't make my mind up on committing to Race room.  The sounds and physics seem amazing and FFB seemed good but it does seem expensive. To just get some tracks and cars in one of the packs  (WTCC) ended up being £28. I couldn't decide if it's really worth it.

Michael Boylan

Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 07:38:29 PM +0000 »

I can't make my mind up on committing to Race room.  The sounds and physics seem amazing and FFB seemed good but it does seem expensive. To just get some tracks and cars in one of the packs  (WTCC) ended up being £28. I couldn't decide if it's really worth it.

If you are undecided, maybe wait until it goes on sale. I took the plunge when they offered all the content to date on sale for $50. (I think). 

Sunday Driver
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 09:20:05 PM +0000 »

Theres no way Linus it was 8quid. I admit i dont really get it after going through 3 different currencys i dont think the priceing is that bad though.

Oh ok, there are ofering a TC pack with all cars and tracks for 3000vrp which is 30quid.  Best option is to buy the cars individually that you want to drive.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 10:16:22 PM +0000 »

Theres no way Linus it was 8quid. I admit i dont really get it after going through 3 different currencys i dont think the priceing is that bad though.

Oh ok, there are ofering a TC pack with all cars and tracks for 3000vrp which is 30quid.  Best option is to buy the cars individually that you want to drive.

8 quid???

Michael Boylan

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 10:25:59 PM +0000 »

8 pounds sterling. Like mark says, some of us , errr like me, just buy everything, because we are rich beyond the dreams
of avarice   Roll Eyes
But you can buy single cars if you want.
I tend to buy the track packs, and any other tracks I think we may use, then for some series I only
buy one of the cars (or skins)

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com