The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 07:36:14 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2PC Imola: February 15, 2017
February 15, 2017, 05:47:44 PM +0000 - Imola (2007+) - UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 2 +0.147
---
1 30:20.661
---
17 1:45.902
---
Michelin  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 3 +0.697
---
2 +23.841
---
17 1:47.373
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 1 1:45.886
---
3 +45.972
---
17 1:46.758
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 8 +2.421
---
4 +54.695
---
17 1:47.122
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 5 +1.775
---
5 +1:09.375
---
17 1:48.722
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 9 +2.421
---
6 +1:10.408
---
17 1:47.843
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 6 +2.097
---
7 +1:10.840
---
17 1:47.885
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 11 +2.864
---
8 +1:16.653
---
17 1:49.006
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 13 +3.025
---
9 +1:22.541
---
17 1:49.146
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 10 +2.557
---
10 +1:23.200
---
17 1:48.950
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 17 +6.237
---
11 +2:25.915
---
17 1:50.521
---
Michelin  
LesN

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 14 +3.300
---
12 +2:26.116
---
17 1:49.198
---
Michelin  
Samwell952

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 4 +1.242
---
13 +3:30.016
---
17 1:47.198
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 16 +6.120
---
14 +3:55.450
---
17 1:49.241
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 7 +2.266
---
15 +4L
---
13 1:47.687
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 15 +3.996
---
16 +9L
---
8 1:50.537
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 12 +2.921
---
DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Michelin  
Brocookie

---
Michelin  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
---
Michelin  
ChrisR

---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Michelin  
LucaBabetto

---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup - Imola - Feb 15  (Read 10541 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2017, 12:33:23 PM +0000 »

I disagree Matt, you never get slicks up to heat in one lap unless you gave them serious abuse (and risk delaminating them). I have been lucky enough to be in pork on slicks at Spa and the guy didn't risk giving it the beans until after two long laps. Same with my track tyres on my own 911, understeer and sliding until they get heat and become stickier after about 2 laps.

I found the new car a bit edgier than before, getting a few oversteer moments in t1 chicane even though I kept wing at 8  Shocked

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2017, 01:26:36 PM +0000 »

Are the track conditions different on the practice server to the race server?

If I practice offline I easily get the tyres warm but on the server I barely get out of the blue without pushing really hard and even then they are barely green with one of the front tyres always blue (depending on whether the circuit is anti-clockwise or clockwise).

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2017, 01:29:02 PM +0000 »

Well, all that drama. And, I only have myself to blame for my troubles.

Alright, the disco between sessions did put me in a panic, but it was me that just got in the car, with 10 less litres than needed... Pressed the escape key, although the option to return to pit was there, nothing happened when I clicked it. So I had two options, leave the server hoping to get a second chance to rejoin or start with low fuel.
Choosing the latter, I got a flier, position/s off the start, then again as people fell or were pushed off. Slowed in Rivazza, as I was being passed, I needed a clear run into the pit anyhoo. Pitted and every time I got the car in position, the menu would appear for a micro (may have been a nano) second and disappeared again.
Frustrated, I hit the eject button. Sure I was miffed but in the end, it was nothing to do with server settings.

Grats to Maikel, Thomas, nfsw and all who had a clue... unlike myself... lol.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2017, 01:44:12 PM +0000 »

I had been enjoying these cars very much, but although the changes seem trivial to some
it made a big difference to me. I had done quite a lot of practice, and had a setup that, though probabably slow
worked for me. I had to so a quick setup last night, so I increased front ARb one notch, and increased
the wing one notch, and it seemed ok, Come the race though, and was not enjoying it at all
Had not been aware of the 4 laps to warm the tyres up thing, one lap should be enough to get
even hard tyres up to close to working temp, if not perfect, these things now slide around
like on ice for the 1st lap. I think that probably contributed to the mess.

I kept falling off under race pressure, and eventually got fed up with it and quit.
Will need to create an even easier to drive setup for any future races.

I was using the default setup, didn't change a thing apart from fuel. I think I even left the wing at 6 and it was good enough for 5th. None of my previous setups felt good whereas the default did. Might work for you as well.

Michael Boylan

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2017, 01:52:39 PM +0000 »

I disagree Matt, you never get slicks up to heat in one lap unless you gave them serious abuse (and risk delaminating them). I have been lucky enough to be in pork on slicks at Spa and the guy didn't risk giving it the beans until after two long laps. Same with my track tyres on my own 911, understeer and sliding until they get heat and become stickier after about 2 laps.

I found the new car a bit edgier than before, getting a few oversteer moments in t1 chicane even though I kept wing at 8  Shocked

Agree with this also. Running track tyres on my real life cars, it takes a few laps to get heat in them before being able to attack. Slicks are worse and Ive been told that unless you get heat in them, its like driving on ice. Same for brakes. My track car has the same brakes that endurance cars run and the same as you get on the Ferrari F50 but with track pads and until you get heat in them they just don't want to work.

For me, the cold tyres for a few laps is totally natural and actually great fun as it adds an elements of car management into the equation.

Michael Boylan

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2017, 04:15:11 PM +0000 »

Anyone got a replay link so I can watch 'when cars go mad' tonight

You could like, you know, save the replay yourself?  Tongue

I looked at the start abit but couldn't find any major offences. 2 cars spun in T1 probably because of the cold tyres. Before that you, Alexy and fmg were going three wide. After the pitexit the track narrows down quite bit and swerves to the left. And for you MJ, wo were the penanutbutter and jelly in a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich, it meant that there just wasn't any room left as fmg was just following the road  Grin
A call of bad luck ( you shouldn't have jinxed it before the race  Cool )

As for the next rounds, can't we just turn off the penalties? Don't think anyone is going to deliberately cut corners to gain time. Else the PLP app works alot better then the default penalty system.

Another thing; if you forgot to save your setup or it disconnected, when selecting a track in the setup tab, at the top there is one called generic. In it is 1 setup named last, which as you probably guessed, is your last used setup !for this car ( wether you saved it or not )

P.S. Maybe it would be good to increase the time between qually and the race by another minute in case this happens again (and it would help those of us with a weak bladder, to get the extra pee break in!  Grin)?

Sharks don't pee  Cool
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:18:30 PM +0000 by Maikel K. » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2017, 08:02:54 PM +0000 »

Agree with this also. Running track tyres on my real life cars, it takes a few laps to get heat in them before being able to attack. Slicks are worse and Ive been told that unless you get heat in them, its like driving on ice. Same for brakes. My track car has the same brakes that endurance cars run and the same as you get on the Ferrari F50 but with track pads and until you get heat in them they just don't want to work.

For me, the cold tyres for a few laps is totally natural and actually great fun as it adds an elements of car management into the equation.

To be honest it generally takes a good lap of serious sliding about even on my road tires before I start to get grip on track. Trouble is they're generally too hot after I've done another one - god knows they'll cope when I get the car back next week with an extra hundred ponies Grin
I have also driven some fairly epic powered stuff on Semi-slicks and would agree you don't want to be trying too hard in the first lap or 2.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2017, 08:42:45 PM +0000 »

Sharks don't pee  Cool
Technically that's true but they do convert urine to urea; a toxic compound which is really converted ammonia. Urea is absorbed in the flesh of the shark and expelled through the skin, so if you rub doors with a shark car you are basically wiping wee onto your own car. STAY CLEAR, you have been warned.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:48 PM +0000 »

Technically that's true but they do convert urine to urea; a toxic compound which is really converted ammonia. Urea is absorbed in the flesh of the shark and expelled through the skin, so if you rub doors with a shark car you are basically wiping wee onto your own car. STAY CLEAR, you have been warned.

I once stroked a Shark, I can't wash my right hand enough now... lol.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com