The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 11:23:02 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2PC Imola: February 15, 2017
February 15, 2017, 05:47:44 PM +0000 - Imola (2007+) - UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 2 +0.147
---
1 30:20.661
---
17 1:45.902
---
Michelin  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 3 +0.697
---
2 +23.841
---
17 1:47.373
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 1 1:45.886
---
3 +45.972
---
17 1:46.758
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 8 +2.421
---
4 +54.695
---
17 1:47.122
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 5 +1.775
---
5 +1:09.375
---
17 1:48.722
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 9 +2.421
---
6 +1:10.408
---
17 1:47.843
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 6 +2.097
---
7 +1:10.840
---
17 1:47.885
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 11 +2.864
---
8 +1:16.653
---
17 1:49.006
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 13 +3.025
---
9 +1:22.541
---
17 1:49.146
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 10 +2.557
---
10 +1:23.200
---
17 1:48.950
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 17 +6.237
---
11 +2:25.915
---
17 1:50.521
---
Michelin  
LesN

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 14 +3.300
---
12 +2:26.116
---
17 1:49.198
---
Michelin  
Samwell952

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 4 +1.242
---
13 +3:30.016
---
17 1:47.198
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 16 +6.120
---
14 +3:55.450
---
17 1:49.241
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 7 +2.266
---
15 +4L
---
13 1:47.687
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 15 +3.996
---
16 +9L
---
8 1:50.537
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 12 +2.921
---
DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Michelin  
Brocookie

---
Michelin  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
---
Michelin  
ChrisR

---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Michelin  
LucaBabetto

---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup - Imola - Feb 15  (Read 10682 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2017, 10:14:53 PM +0000 »

Soo...when I jokingly said 'now ive increased damage I bet I am first one into the wall'  I didn't mean I wanted someone to put me into it before T1  Roll Eyes

That would be me - well, I say that would be me but I was already beside you and on the edge of the grass so couldn't move over any further when your car suddenly bonked me from the left hand side, sorry.
I rejoined you at the back anyway after spinning to avoid running into NSFW about 4 corners later (Sorry to Mark E, I honestly thought I was rejoining at the back of the pack as couldn't see anyone when the dust settled. First I knew you were behind me it was already too late and I was sat on the apex (I run real mirrors only and very minimal apps so just didn't see you approaching while I was in the process of turning the right way)).

I had that stupid track cut thing at Aqua Minarale several times too, never had it before when racing here and it ruined my race - every time I triggered it I had messed up the previous turn and been spat out, that would already have cost me half a second or more anyway.
To then be forced to give away another 2 or 3 spots annoyed me to the point I very nearly quit in disgust.

Luckily the updates to the car made it such a joy to drive that I hung in there and just drove the thing to death. Think I managed 6th or 7th after that which was nice considering.
I also managed several nice battles and exchanges with various drivers throughout which helped make up for it.  Smiley
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2017, 10:17:08 PM +0000 »

I did like the fact we were able to do a lap after the end of the race. Driving by the crowds, throwing hats to the fans, waving my flag around and then getting it back into the pits. Adds to the realism  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2017, 10:48:54 PM +0000 »

lol took me half a lap to realise the race had finished and I wasn't on the last lap of the race. Think FMG thought same as he swerved dramatically around a slowing Linus at T1  laugh

Yes sadly I am going to administer myself one of these  Hit with a wet fish we shouldn't have messed with cut control just before a race, especially Imola! Sorry I didn't know it would mean the stupid slow down penalty would apply. No wonder I saw several cars going ridiculously slow in fast corners which caused all sorts of mayhem. Dumb mistake but I thought the way Baikal explained it was that it only eliminated cut laps in qually but nothing in the race.  Undecided

eheh FMG, I bumped your left? news to me, I suddenly got a whack that sent me into the left hand Armco. I just yanked my steering enough to make it a glancing blow rather than head first impact.  Shocked I guess the track narrows back towards the left leaving you nowhere to go? Will watch the replay when someone uploads it.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2017, 10:54:33 PM +0000 »

Took me half the race to really get into my stride with the car, but thought the car felt pretty much the same as the last round. The kerbs at Imola are tricky, and there are green-crete sections which are very slippery, this is not a change in the car, just that the track presents different challenges. If anything the car was more slippery on cold tyres, but didn't real feel much difference myself once warmed up.

I didn't get any track cut penalties, but then I don't cut the track. Wink Tongue  angel A mistake was made with the server administration, but the world has not ended, your lives have not been ruined. Kiss

Yes we all got disco'd, yes we all had to try and rejoin quickly. Was it good? No? Was it on purpose? No? I don't believe in the time available, anyone could have done anything to "wait" for others. Shit happens. It's just a game. This place is run by volunteers and funded by the few who are kind enough to donate towards the cost of running the server, so chill out men, people are doing their best!

P.S. Maybe it would be good to increase the time between qually and the race by another minute in case this happens again (and it would help those of us with a weak bladder, to get the extra pee break in!  Grin)?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2017, 10:55:45 PM +0000 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEpEHBVPl6I&feature=youtu.be
Vivat la  podium guys !  Kiss
My race onboard.
Mark i am sorry for start . I win it and goes right after Michael Boylan and we begun to turn left side simultaneously. I think befor that hi will go to the right side.So,by my instinct i choice the save distance to him before soon first turn hard braking. You had good  reaction but it not saved your orientation to stay in center  :'(
So sorry that i lost my podium to NFSW55 ))) I tryed but he was faster. Sorry for contact NFS . I think it was race incident..or?   Smiley But why are you stopped for penalty in Alta schicane till 40 km\h? I got penalty behind you mate and lost positions..
 And.. my disconnect in 14st lap.. so sorry for me.
Guys- i like to drive races with UKAC . All guys is in adequate in main simracing things! See you are all in VIR! I tryed this track and it's amasing in cupcar! Believe me!  Grin
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:55:30 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2017, 10:55:55 PM +0000 »

lol took me half a lap to realise the race had finished and I wasn't on the last lap of the race. Think FMG thought same as he swerved dramatically around a slowing Linus at T1  laugh

Hehe I was coming out of the zone and lapping up the applause from the masses Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:48:45 AM +0000 by Linus27 » Logged

Michael Boylan

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2017, 07:37:03 AM +0000 »

Rather than split this part of the conversation between 2 topics I'll copy this here

Admins can use 3 wheels out cuts checking in Q and 4 in race with calm  Smiley
But first- please, fix strange pilots server disconnects after session changed. I don't know what a problem it was in Imola.
Here is my example of these part on server config file. Tested and working good ( just for info):
[PRACTICE]
NAME=Practice
TIME=120
IS_OPEN=1

[QUALIFY]
NAME=Qualify
TIME=15
IS_OPEN=1

[RACE]
NAME=Race
LAPS=15
TIME=
ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=4
WAIT_TIME=90
IS_OPEN=1

SO in all GP we need it to =1!

and other ( not tested by me). May be here was a problem pilots diskonnects after session. Need check :
RESULT_SCREEN_TIME=10 ; seconds of result screen between racing sessions.
RACE_EXTRA_LAP=0 ; if it's a timed race, with 1 the race will not end when the time is over and the leader crosses the line, but the latter will be forced to drive another extra lap.

Our settings were

Code:
[PRACTICE]
NAME=Practice
TIME=60
IS_OPEN=1

[QUALIFY]
NAME=Qualify
TIME=15
IS_OPEN=0

[RACE]
NAME=Race
LAPS=17
TIME=0
WAIT_TIME=90
IS_OPEN=0

Sadly I didn't spot the new disable gas option so it was at default. Note that we had IO_OPEN=0 which in theory should have stopped us all re-joining! I reported this setting seemed to have little effort on the AC forum some while ago but was told I was wrong.

Personally I hate having to wait the 90 secs for the race to start but if we need to extend that time then so be it.

As for the disconnects I have no idea why that happened, did anyone change sessions during the previous practice days without issue? Looking at the log file AC produces the mass event was just that. Lots of

Code:
TCP packet 67
Dispatching TCP message to ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017 (1) [Pete 'Picnic' Allnutt [Team Shark]]
Clean exit, driver disconnected:  Pete 'Picnic' Allnutt [Team Shark]
TCP packet 67
Dispatching TCP message to ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017 (17) [Alexey Luzin []]
Clean exit, driver disconnected:  Alexey Luzin []

followed by

Code:
read tcp xx.xx.xxx.xx:9457->xxx.xx.xxx.xx:52720: wsarecv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
read tcp xx.xx.xxx.xx:9457->xx.xxx.xx.xx:53178: wsarecv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I edited out the IP addresses. I assume there hasn't been a minor update, since the big release on Tuesday, that I've missed has there?

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2017, 07:40:59 AM +0000 »

No there were no further updates as far as I know and also there is no shouting about loss of connections on the Kunos site since the big update so must be something our end.  Undecided

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2017, 07:50:28 AM +0000 »

The AC log parser seems a little confused as it says NO TIME for several of us in Q although lists times. Means wrong starting grid slots in the graph too.

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2017, 09:34:08 AM +0000 »

Thanks Pete for post.
But strange- i am not see ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=4  in RACE section how we had (?)  desigion to use this undocumented future before GP, but this future was worked fine. ( see my "after server disconnect and rejoing to race" vid.)
Other thing still making me bad- after Q sessions massive pilots disconnect. IMHO- this is more important issue was.
60 or 90 seconds timeout- to me have no differencies.
BTW I am is not servers admin in any leagues. But very experienced ( 3000 hours) AC user. Making Porsche phisics mode 2 years ago, servers configs, reversed grids, building my own AC Apps and so on, reading AC forum. Have my own local server configured and tested for my own testing and in results of know how it works. It works sometimes strange ways and custom strings of code must be spot on and tested. I know it.

But i am not so familiar with remote server ( paid)  management. May be the problem was in this side.
This string IMO is key of problem: read tcp xx.xx.xxx.xx:9457->xxx.xx.xxx.xx:52720: wsarecv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
 May be IPs or i\o ports or strange AC bug. You can communicate with remote server configs and futures with ALOOG , or  rack servers paid admins for help.
All best is in the future!  Smiley      
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:44:06 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2017, 09:40:30 AM +0000 »

But strange- i am not see ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=4  in RACE section how we had (?)  desigion to use this undocumented future before GP, but this future was worked fine. ( see my "after server disconnect and rejoing to race" vid.)
Good point, I copied the above from my local PC, I changed the server file manually as I launched the server last night. I need to test to see if AC Manager overwrites that line or if it leaves it in place to ensure it's there for every race.

We have our own dedicated server with full remote desktop and we run several other racing games on it. Thus it's all our own problem. I don't know what ALOOG is, can you enlighten me?

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2017, 09:57:15 AM +0000 »

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?members/bigbawmcgraw.6234/
ALOOG serverman. ALOOG servers is popular fun AC servers.
About server config creating- Yes ! Admins prefer to edit files manually ( it's easy and useful way). If you use AC servermanager program- it will overwrite all sections as i practical tested years ago )
But i know a secret ( important thing!) After each server side Kunos official updates it is better to create basic config files USING ACservermanager program. It will brings new options and changed structure will work correctly ( and editable manually for nessesary futures)
Sorry for my bad english )
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:49:48 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2017, 11:32:29 AM +0000 »

Anyone got a replay link so I can watch 'when cars go mad' tonight?  Grin

Don't know about anyone else but I am already chomping at the bit to race the next round, this series is addictive and has produced some of the best online racing I've ever had  Cool
Shame we have had a few dropouts to lower grid numbers around 17 cars in recent rounds otherwise I would have pushed recruiting a bit more. Guess it's harder to attract new racers so far into a regular series but we had a few join along the way. Smiley

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2017, 12:00:34 PM +0000 »

I had been enjoying these cars very much, but although the changes seem trivial to some
it made a big difference to me. I had done quite a lot of practice, and had a setup that, though probabably slow
worked for me. I had to so a quick setup last night, so I increased front ARb one notch, and increased
the wing one notch, and it seemed ok, Come the race though, and was not enjoying it at all
Had not been aware of the 4 laps to warm the tyres up thing, one lap should be enough to get
even hard tyres up to close to working temp, if not perfect, these things now slide around
like on ice for the 1st lap. I think that probably contributed to the mess.

I kept falling off under race pressure, and eventually got fed up with it and quit.
Will need to create an even easier to drive setup for any future races.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2017, 12:20:34 PM +0000 »

Was a setup created pre-patch Matt? They might not help as it will be using values for setting that may not be valid any more, i.e the ARB settings have changed to a reduced range in values.

Strange I've found the old car to be too loose and easy to lose traction yet last night the car felt so planted that where I was struggling for traction (top chicane and final two corners) I had no issues at all. Ended up dropping the wing by 1 and increasing the rear ARB by 1, that was it. It took only half a lap before I could attack the corners a bit, not the 1-3 laps like previous.

Saying that I did end up spinning on my own I think in the first corner on the first lap! But actually really enjoyed and gave me back some confidence that i can drive and race with people! Good fun running with FMG and MarkJ but with a few laps to go I seem go through a phase of forgetting how to drive! and ended up dropping back a bit too far.

No problem FMG that was some rejoin!

I guess it was that slowdown penalty that caught a few out as well as you come across people almost stationary on the track!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com