The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 02:29:39 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2PC VIR: February 22, 2017
February 22, 2017, 08:02:02 PM +0000 - VIR (Full) - UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 1 1:47.140
---
1 29:16.014
---
16 1:47.463
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 2 +0.391
---
2 (+2) +4.635
---
16 1:47.422
---
Michelin  
LucaBabetto

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 4 +1.490
---
3 +13.017
---
16 1:47.633
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 7 +1.943
---
4 +18.907
---
16 1:48.635
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 10 +2.355
---
5 +29.258
---
16 1:49.664
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 5 +1.743
---
6 +39.558
---
16 1:48.654
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 8 +2.081
---
7 (+2) +45.666
---
16 1:49.233
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 11 +2.506
---
8 +48.432
---
16 1:50.344
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 6 +1.931
---
9 +50.137
---
16 1:49.503
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 9 +2.209
---
10 +54.983
---
16 1:50.024
---
Michelin  
LesN

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 13 +3.434
---
11 +55.716
---
16 1:49.798
---
Michelin  
Samwell952

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 12 +3.105
---
12 +1:14.128
---
16 1:49.142
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 15 +3.903
---
13 +1:14.657
---
16 1:50.094
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 16 +3.984
---
14 +1:36.598
---
16 1:51.554
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 18 +27:44:52.859
---
15 +1:57.046
---
16 1:51.665
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 17 +5.250
---
16 +2:02.536
---
16 1:51.539
---
Michelin  
Brocookie

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 3 +1.346
---
17 +3L
---
13 1:47.366
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 14 +3.717
---
18 +15L
---
1 2:33.325
---
Michelin  
Oscar Pink

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Michelin  
Thomas Blackett

---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Michelin  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
---
Michelin  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 2502s

Maikel, nfsw55 and Denis head into turn 1, and while Maikel is ahead of the other 2, nfsw and Denis are alongside.
Nfsw\\\\\\\'s line is in the middle of the track and he keeps driving parallel to the edge of the track.
Denis\\\\\\\' is all the way on the inside and slowly starts moving to the left.
At the moment of the contact nfsw line was straight and Denis was the one change lanes.
The victim of this incident was Maikel, luckily for him he was able to recover from it and win.

I don\\\\\\\'t see either nfsw or Denis do anything blatantly wrong, but with apps like HeliCorsa, you should have more awareness of what is alongside you. Because Denis was the one slightly behind and changing his lines, I feel this report is more directed towards him, but because the victim (Maikel) recovered and because I didn\\\\\\\'t see a dangerous manoevre, this will be a warning without penalty.

AFTER APPEAL: Both drivers change line shortly after the start which results in an avoidavble incident.
Both drivers cautioned and advised to watch the direction changes shortly after the start. Race incident without penalties.

Server replay time: 2613s

Heading into turn 1 of lap 2, Baikal takes a steady and safe braking point for turn 1.
Nfsw is quite far behind Baikal and brakes much later which results in rear ending Baikal hard, punting him off and ruining his race.
Baikal has every right to take it steady on the first few laps when tyres are cold and no optimum. It\'s up to the driver behind to adept to it.
Especialyl in the early laps, a more cautious apprach is recommended.

• nfsw55penalty — Rear end shunt — 2 places lost

Server replay time: 3960s

Mark Jonzo has a very late and ambitious overtaking manoevre into the doube right handers before teh back straight.
His car was never more alongside than his front bumper and to overtake at that corner is taking a lot of risk.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup - VIR - Feb 22  (Read 12567 times)
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 06:33:35 PM +0000 »

This race is going to be tough and quite possibly a disaster. Despite the car feeling more alive after the update, it was still predictable at Imola and more consistant. However, at VIR its unpredictable, has inconsistant grip levels and less feedback. Has to be the track and Im just not feeling it. Not looking forward to tonight Sad

Michael Boylan

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 06:49:02 PM +0000 »

Michael, just try to stay between two white lines and all will be ok. I will try! Main thing- wait 2-3 laps for tyres become heat. Combo is good but need min200 laps to sit firmly here. I done 100 and now i am in beginning of understanding things ( Thanks Maikel vid)  Top quality modeled track surface and overall Smiley True hadcore simulation. Have a nice race guys!  Smiley 

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 07:05:45 PM +0000 »

Hi guys, not going to able to make the race this eve as RL has taken a very bad turn. Good clean racing boys.
Sorry to hear that Thomas, hope it resolves itself quickly and with a positive outcome.

Another game update:

And server has been updated

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 07:33:01 PM +0000 »

Michael, just try to stay between two white lines and all will be ok. I will try! Main thing- wait 2-3 laps for tyres become heat. Combo is good but need min200 laps to sit firmly here. I done 100 and now i am in beginning of understanding things ( Thanks Maikel vid)  Top quality modeled track surface and overall Smiley True hadcore simulation. Have a nice race guys!  Smiley 

Thanks Alexey Smiley

Michael Boylan

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2017, 09:24:07 PM +0000 »

wow.. great race.

even led the race for 2 laps and then Maikels pressure was too high (even though he was half a second behind still) and i stepped on the grass, causing me to spin and lose 4 positions.
i fought back to P3 and then 2 laps before the finish line i was kicked from the server.

i want to punsh something.. anyone got some kittens or babies? fml -.-

oh and NFSW showed great driving skills and a hand full of respect for his opponents on track again. good one mate.

____

here you have the replay from today.. only 14/16 laps tho Cheesy
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0njvWR_hy3wRy1pLVY1bG9UM00

Denis Marquardt
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2017, 09:27:58 PM +0000 »

So sorry Stefan. In 1st f... turn i brake at 4 picture ( ussually 3) but.. Cant brake enough...May be due a damage from nfsw55 in 2 lap same place... Hit you. Sorry i dont remember your name in there. Video uploading. It was hard battle anyway .  Smiley  VIR is my new love. Tryed here 1st time. Blast track. Blast mode.  

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2017, 09:33:11 PM +0000 »

Well, that was disappointing. Qualifed so much better than I thought I would and did a lap 1.5 quicker than before. Made a nice start and just held my line but saw some cars tangle up ahead so just stuck to thd inside libe but got turned into and lost a few places. Drove a great race and kept it super clean and made a few places up and found myself in 7th. Mark J then caught me up and we had a fairly intense battle but with a few laps to go he tagged my rear and spun me around. This dropped me to 10th which is where I finished.

Mark, I must say Im pretty disappointed that you didn't wait and let me pass you back. I always thought this was the gentlemans rule when spinning another driver. I've just watched thd replay and not only were you not even along side, I had already turned in to the corner and passed some of the green and white kerbing and you actually hit my rear. As we are fighting together in the champinship and this cost me quite badly, I hope you give your self some kind of time penalty.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:34:43 PM +0000 by Linus27 » Logged

Michael Boylan

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2017, 09:35:46 PM +0000 »

So sorry Stefan. In 1st f... turn i brake at 4 picture ( ussually 3) but.. Cant brake enough...May be due a damage from nfsw55 in 2 lap same place... Hit you. Sorry i dont remember your name in there. Video uploading. It was hard battle anyway .  Smiley  VIR is my new love. Tryed here 1st time. Blast track. Blast mode.  

Please report all incidents.

And a big sorry to Alexey, it looked like we had very different lines through turn 1, I used a much wider line there and therefore braked later than you.

Mark, I must say Im pretty disappointed that you didn't wait and let me pass you back. I always thought this was the gentlemans rule when spinning another driver. I've just watched thd replay and not only were you not even along side, I had already turned in to the corner and passed some of the green and white kerbing and you actually hit my rear. As we are fighting together in the champinship and this cost me quite badly, I hope you give your self some kind of time penalty.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Samwell952

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2017, 09:50:18 PM +0000 »

Got to say despite having a few spins due to having about 5 laps practice prior to the race this was a lot of fun!

The track is interesting, reminds me of Brands Hatch a bit but there are more consequences to making a mistake.

Sorry to whoever I accidentally ran onto the grass down the straight, it wasn't intentional or just really aggressive racing, I just misjudged how the track turned. Pretty fortunate that whoever it was didn't spin. 

Thanks for the race, really unlucky Denis, see you next week  Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2017, 09:57:36 PM +0000 »

well that was another intense race full of action  Shocked

Didn't manage to match my pb in qually and found myself down in 8th which came as a bit of a shock with a 49.3  Sad really thought that would bag me top 6 but wasn't to be.
Race start was pretty nervy on tyres that felt like ice and tippy toe thru t1 avoiding a couple of spinners. Car felt awful with more fuel and cold slicks but enjoyed some good fast train action until I fell off at end of the esses trying to follow someone closely.
Had great fun battling back from 13th upto 7th when I caught Michael. We then had a titanic scrap for quite a few laps. I tried every line and attack angle and seemingly had more pace but solid defending kept me glued to his butt despite some side by side action...without a touch I might add. Which leads me to be a bit put out when I then get accused of ruining someone's race.  >:(From my cockpit I made a legit move to the inside of oak tree turn and saw Michaels car turn in to me to close a door I thought I had already got alongside for. The resultant bang sent me off onto the grass into a half spin losing a place to Alex. Hence when I dragged my car back on track I had no inclination to wait for anyone. If the replay shows otherwise then I'll apologise but the previous 5 laps of close racing show I do everything to avoid contact. I was losing 2+ secs a lap stuck behind his car and had 2 other guys catching us fast, a move had to be made and I tried it when I saw a gap with 2 laps to go. To me it was an unfortunate contact racing incident, but will watch the replay to check.

Anyway, awesome race and well done to Maikel and podium guys on a difficult track  thumbup1 Think I finished 7th  Smiley

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2017, 10:02:20 PM +0000 »

Zero practice for me again, but fortunately i know the track well from a few years ago when I did iRacing, so I did not need to learn the corners. This version is much improved over the version we used a while back btw!

Had about 5 mins practice on the server to check everything was working and then straight into qually. Amazed by my own start position and then after others crashed into each other or fell off by pushing too hard (especially in early laps, when will they learn!) I found myself in the lead. Was not trying to win as I knew I did not have the pace, but led for a couple of laps anyway. I did not fight very hard for the lead though as what's the point when you are a second slower than the others, I'd rather finish than crash out. Eventually everyone with better pace passed me and I was left to cruise home for 5th place, until Dennis got disco'd and then I inherited 4th, the same as my championship position which is now certain.

Not looking forward to Bathurst as I've hardly ever driven it and when I have I've always hated it. Don't think it's great for racing, but it is what it is so I will have to find the time to practice as I don't know it well enough to just rock up and slap it on the grid somewhere like I did tonight.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2017, 10:04:35 PM +0000 »

Phew, as supsected, this turned out to be a pretty intense race.

Saw someone going fast into T1, but as I was already anticipating something, I did managed to lessen the damage by straigthening the car abit. Saw in the replay that it was Denis who had a little touche with nfsw. Rejoined about 11th so I had to fight my way back. It was an all out epic struggle back to P1 ( okay, it was mostly passing people who spun/went offtrack, though I did have atleast a few nice battles  Grin ). Last 10 laps or so it was just me and nfsw close behind, but our pace was pretty much equal.

I'm really pleased though at how AC handles the damage now, even from that little bump my front and right side were a nice sunny yellow, but I don't think it mattered much it terms of driving. I thought I had a little bit less understeer, but seeing as I was close to beating my personal best one time I think I might have imagined it ( damn that placebo effect  Cool )

Didn't notice any unfair driving myself and besides first turn it went pretty smooth. Tiny bump against a shark but luckily he wasn't hungry and turned around  Tongue

Though sticking to someones bumper going over those fast uphill twisty corners and not seeing anything besides the car in front was abit more scary  Grin
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2017, 10:05:44 PM +0000 »

Can I please remind everyone, including you Mark (director) of the following rule for this league...
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3349.msg54460#msg54460

Under no circumstances should drivers engage in discussion of incidents in a public forum (including in-game chat). In particular, no attempt should be made to apportion blame.
A brief mention of an incident may be made in a public race report.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2017, 10:07:33 PM +0000 »

That went better than expected - at least up until the race!

Managed to gain 5th briefly thanks to the contact up front into T1 and even held it until the very fast left hander after all the esses - despite slowing more than enough the car just didn't turn in and I ran wide.
That in itself wouldn't have been an issue as it mearly dropped me back to where I qualified, the problem was when I then span it onto the main straight and ended up about 2 or 3 from last Roll Eyes

Had a good drive back up the field with some good racing, this all ended while I was trying to get close enough to Linus to make a pass and put a wheel too high on one of the kerbs.
I lost it and smashed into the wall pretty hard.
It didn't have much effect on my lap times but as the windscreen was smashed and the sun was getting increasingly low it was VERY hard to concentrate and as a result I only managed to go backwards from there  Sad
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2017, 10:08:51 PM +0000 »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com