The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 11:29:13 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2PC VIR: February 22, 2017
February 22, 2017, 08:02:02 PM +0000 - VIR (Full) - UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 1 1:47.140
---
1 29:16.014
---
16 1:47.463
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 2 +0.391
---
2 (+2) +4.635
---
16 1:47.422
---
Michelin  
LucaBabetto

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 4 +1.490
---
3 +13.017
---
16 1:47.633
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 7 +1.943
---
4 +18.907
---
16 1:48.635
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 10 +2.355
---
5 +29.258
---
16 1:49.664
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 5 +1.743
---
6 +39.558
---
16 1:48.654
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 8 +2.081
---
7 (+2) +45.666
---
16 1:49.233
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 11 +2.506
---
8 +48.432
---
16 1:50.344
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 6 +1.931
---
9 +50.137
---
16 1:49.503
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 9 +2.209
---
10 +54.983
---
16 1:50.024
---
Michelin  
LesN

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 13 +3.434
---
11 +55.716
---
16 1:49.798
---
Michelin  
Samwell952

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 12 +3.105
---
12 +1:14.128
---
16 1:49.142
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 15 +3.903
---
13 +1:14.657
---
16 1:50.094
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 16 +3.984
---
14 +1:36.598
---
16 1:51.554
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 18 +27:44:52.859
---
15 +1:57.046
---
16 1:51.665
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 17 +5.250
---
16 +2:02.536
---
16 1:51.539
---
Michelin  
Brocookie

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 3 +1.346
---
17 +3L
---
13 1:47.366
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 14 +3.717
---
18 +15L
---
1 2:33.325
---
Michelin  
Oscar Pink

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
---
Michelin  
Thomas Blackett

---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Michelin  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
---
Michelin  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 2502s

Maikel, nfsw55 and Denis head into turn 1, and while Maikel is ahead of the other 2, nfsw and Denis are alongside.
Nfsw\\\\\\\'s line is in the middle of the track and he keeps driving parallel to the edge of the track.
Denis\\\\\\\' is all the way on the inside and slowly starts moving to the left.
At the moment of the contact nfsw line was straight and Denis was the one change lanes.
The victim of this incident was Maikel, luckily for him he was able to recover from it and win.

I don\\\\\\\'t see either nfsw or Denis do anything blatantly wrong, but with apps like HeliCorsa, you should have more awareness of what is alongside you. Because Denis was the one slightly behind and changing his lines, I feel this report is more directed towards him, but because the victim (Maikel) recovered and because I didn\\\\\\\'t see a dangerous manoevre, this will be a warning without penalty.

AFTER APPEAL: Both drivers change line shortly after the start which results in an avoidavble incident.
Both drivers cautioned and advised to watch the direction changes shortly after the start. Race incident without penalties.

Server replay time: 2613s

Heading into turn 1 of lap 2, Baikal takes a steady and safe braking point for turn 1.
Nfsw is quite far behind Baikal and brakes much later which results in rear ending Baikal hard, punting him off and ruining his race.
Baikal has every right to take it steady on the first few laps when tyres are cold and no optimum. It\'s up to the driver behind to adept to it.
Especialyl in the early laps, a more cautious apprach is recommended.

• nfsw55penalty — Rear end shunt — 2 places lost

Server replay time: 3960s

Mark Jonzo has a very late and ambitious overtaking manoevre into the doube right handers before teh back straight.
His car was never more alongside than his front bumper and to overtake at that corner is taking a lot of risk.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup - VIR - Feb 22  (Read 12578 times)
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2017, 10:30:09 AM +0000 »

Alexey and me also collided

its nice to see the habit of causing a collision and then just driving away like nothing happened.
i rate these moves a solid 5/7 Wink

Denis Marquardt
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2017, 10:38:10 AM +0000 »

Incidents are meant to be reported using the form linked to under the results (I was going to post the link but it's specific to an event so probably not the best idea). A team of moderators will then rule on the incident and give guidance / penalties etc. as required. I don't think anyone has submitted a report at any time in this series so until then I suspect no action will happen. Simon has hinted several times people should do so.

I'll also take this moment to point out the rules say no chat in qualifying or the race. There was a lot of chat going on in qualifying last night, some by people who should know better!

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2017, 10:40:42 AM +0000 »

and where to discuss incidents then, if not in the specific race thread?
Read the information here...
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3349.msg54460#msg54460

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2017, 10:42:09 AM +0000 »

Incidents are meant to be reported using the form linked to under the results (I was going to post the link but it's specific to an event so probably not the best idea). A team of moderators will then rule on the incident and give guidance / penalties etc. as required. I don't think anyone has submitted a report at any time in this series so until then I suspect no action will happen. Simon has hinted several times people should do so.

I'll also take this moment to point out the rules say no chat in qualifying or the race. There was a lot of chat going on in qualifying last night, some by people who should know better!

reporting incidents for the stewards is all fine with this  tool, but whats wrong with discussion them in public?

nobody knows how you judge incidents so nobody can know what style of driving you dislike and what you prefer.

and from what i can see, while the majority here are focussing on gentleman behavior, others might get away with dirty moves. Please be clear about what you want from your races.

Denis Marquardt
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2017, 11:03:18 AM +0000 »

I think the reason there has been no incident reports is because on the whole the racing has been pretty clean and any incidents have usually resulted from hard close racing (that these cars allow) so quite ironic that I now find myself the subject of one  Roll Eyes but can understand another drivers reason for making them if they feel aggrieved.
There have definitely been moments throughout the series that should have had reports.

I had full intention of watching replays after each round and warning people but work has got so mental lately I just don't have any more spare time. So if anyone else wants to appoint themselves replay judge be my guest.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 11:06:28 AM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2017, 11:20:32 AM +0000 »

Denis ans Simon, all is good here in incident reporting system.
We are needs only one thing:  is to public referee verdicts in next round header.
" Current penaltyes"  Smiley

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2017, 11:50:47 AM +0000 »

I think the reason there has been no incident reports is because on the whole the racing has been pretty clean
There is an outstanding incident reported from Hockenheim

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2017, 12:18:22 PM +0000 »

I know it's a big ask but can someone deal with the incidents before next weeks round? As I am named in one I will stay out of it.

Will say we shouldn't get too hung up on this. It was a very tricky track and was especially hard following closely in some sectors. The racing was fantastic once again for the most part  thumbup1

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2017, 12:21:19 PM +0000 »

I was spun by someone in the first lap I think, my replay doesn't go back far enough, and It was an accident rather
than someone being silly, so I don't tend to put in reports unless someone does something blatantly unreasonable.
Finger pointing in these forums causes bad feelings, so we discourage it strongly.

Getting penalties from an incident report has caused some to occasionally leave a series in anger as well.
Most people are mature, and just suck it up and try to be more carefull in future. I have seen a few moves by people in this
series that are questionable, and sometimes downright over aggressive, so some incident reports may be a good idea.

We are not paid millions to do this, it is for fun, we like to keep it that way  angel

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2017, 12:26:58 PM +0000 »

I know it's a big ask but can someone deal with the incidents before next weeks round? As I am named in one I will stay out of it.

Will say we shouldn't get too hung up on this. It was a very tricky track and was especially hard following closely in some sectors. The racing was fantastic once again for the most part  thumbup1

missing the point here a bit imo..
yes the racing was again very nice and i enjoyed it, but the fact that (i have to point my finger now) nfsw keeps messing up in plenty of ways, and nobody seem to care, is just annoying.

in every race me, Luca or Sam participated, he had made some at least questionable moves, and even worse, he keeps on driving not giving a darn about the other guy. This is a prime example from last night that i witnessed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2OkAbQCkEc

a little public shaming wouldnt hurt.

Delete that if you want, but imo the stewarding is too limp and spoils the brilliant racing experience with these cars in this community

Denis Marquardt
Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2017, 12:28:16 PM +0000 »

We are not paid millions to do this, it is for fun, we like to keep it that way  angel

exactly.. so why letting people get away with incidents were they were at fault?

Denis Marquardt
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2017, 12:31:35 PM +0000 »

A nightmare first lap due to the huge difference in grip cold to hot, thought I could take the uphill sweepers flat but found I couldn't , went straight on the grass and tried rejoining just after the next quick LHer before the tree hairpin. Sadly when rejoining I got hit rather hard and hit the barriers and damaged the windscreen making it difficult to see. I also never see the damage indicator despit clearly seeing damage. So then spent the rest of the lap worrying about why my game doesn't seems to be working properly, annoyed at the car that I thin mess up the last sequence. and decided to leave being rather pissed off.

I don't think i'll join in the for the last ones as each race now depending on the undulations and corners seems ot struggle.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2017, 12:35:13 PM +0000 »

Report this in the official manner, and it can get a penalty (not say it will, but it sure can). If a driver keeps getting penalties there will be further consequences, which IIRC has happened in the past.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2017, 12:35:49 PM +0000 »

Well I need to apologise to Michael, I saw the replay quickly this morning and the gap I thought I saw just wasn't there really. In my racing head I threw a dummy to take my normal wider entry knowing he kept putting his car middle of the road to block me, so I did a late move for the inside line (hence why it looked like he turned in on me from my cockpit). My front left makes contact with his side rear quarter and we both go off.
Sorry Michael, maybe a little frustration/desperation had crept in after 4-5 laps stuck behind you and losing so much time.  Sad

Not sure if I am allowed to reply to this but here goes. Thank you for the apology and accepted.

Michael Boylan

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2017, 12:37:26 PM +0000 »

BTW, I can review and judge incidents if you want, but I'm rusty on the technical part of importing it on the website, so maybe I can just send my judgement and penalties and somebody else can do the technical mumbo jumbo?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com