The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 06:33:55 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2PC Spa: March 15, 2017
March 15, 2017, 10:42:35 PM +0000 - Spa (2007-) - UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 1 2:20.959
---
1 38:01.974
---
16 2:20.573
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 2 +0.154
---
2 +8.647
---
16 2:20.815
---
Michelin  
Thomas Blackett

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 4 +1.147
---
3 +19.830
---
16 2:22.339
---
Michelin  
Baikal

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 3 +1.036
---
4 +20.866
---
16 2:22.082
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 8 +2.874
---
5 +34.318
---
16 2:22.546
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 5 +1.901
---
6 +36.742
---
16 2:23.272
---
Michelin  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 6 +2.046
---
7 +42.671
---
16 2:22.926
---
Michelin  
Sutol

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 9 +3.561
---
8 +56.365
---
16 2:24.209
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 7 +2.360
---
9 +57.398
---
16 2:23.011
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 12 +5.351
---
10 +1:09.902
---
16 2:24.268
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 11 +3.668
---
11 +1:23.193
---
16 2:24.525
---
Michelin  
LesN

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 14 +8.459
---
12 +1:43.860
---
16 2:25.196
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 13 +1:46.297
---
16 2:26.144
---
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 13 +6.467
---
14 +1:54.620
---
16 2:25.717
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} 10 +3.648
---
15 +1:57.683
---
16 2:23.488
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Samwell952

Porsche Carrera Cup {unknown} ---
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
---
Michelin  
Brocookie

---
Michelin  
Nick Atsidakos

---
Michelin  
Oscar Pink

---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
---
Michelin  
LucaBabetto

---
Michelin  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Porsche Cup - Spa - Mar 15  (Read 7093 times)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 12:20:51 AM +0000 »

Tom, Ahh!  Grin My misunderstanding  Smiley
BTW you are not right. Your's podium and champ standing is absolutely correct and deserved!  Smiley
Me...  :'( I am in  sorrow  about my 3 server disconnects in this champ...  Embarrassed

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:40:37 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 01:17:43 AM +0000 »

Congrats Maikel for winning the championship thumbup1

Big thanks to all who made the events possible, especially to Mark and Pete  I Am Not Worthy

Today I qualified P2 behind Maikel who already showed his class during the practise session.
Unfortunately I screwed up the start, somehow my back stepped out while accelerating from the s/f line so I needed to go off the throttle to prevend my car from spinning. Went wide in turn1 to avoid any contact and lost some more places. Found myself back in P6 after that.
From there on I tried to catch up to Thomas to hold P2 in the championship standings. I overtook Michael for P4 and slowly closed the gap to Thomas. When I arrived at his back he had a little slide at Blanchimont and I was able to pass him.
After that I was able to increase my gap to Thomas and also had some laps close behind Alexey before he spun. Didn't risked any mistakes afterwards and ended the race in P2.

Hopefully another championship with this wonderful car will be held here at some point Cool
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 08:20:56 AM +0000 »

Lots of fun again, although my race went slightly to pot just after halfway and took me till the last lap to pull myself together again a do a decent lap  Angry
A lot of work for 9th! Big thanks to Maikel for the setup he shared, mine had been rubbish and his allowed me to knock several seconds off my lap time. Shame I hadn't found it early enough to practice with and figure out how to get the best out of it Smiley

For this race I needed to beat FMG by 1 point to secure 3rd in the team championship, beat him by 4 points I think to get 5th in the drivers
We're joint 5th - how do we settle things around here? behind the bike sheds after 3:30, blunt weapons only?  Grin

To my surprise caught FMG fairly quickly and he obliged by making a mistake and making it easy to pass.
I think that was after I started loosing focus - the mistake as you passed annoyed me, I expected you to beat me eventually but hadn't planned on making it that easy!
To make matters worse it put me off line so much that I messed up slightly again and gifted Jonzo a spot  Roll Eyes

A few laps later I lost it properly and had a spin dropping another place or two - maybe Maikels setup needed some tweaking to suit me, or perhaps I just needed more time to get to grips with it. To be honest I had no practice prior to last night anyway so can't complain too much...
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 09:39:54 AM +0000 »

First of all congrats to the champion. Well done Maikel!

Second, my appologies to Bob for tapping him at the start. I had Chris in front who got a bit sideways off the grid and had to take evasive action. Did not went well. We did however had a good battle after all with 4 cars side by side. Apex, Stephen, Bob and I where door to door for quite some laps. Good fun.
All in all it was a very nice championship indeed. Always a pleasure racing here. Looking forward to the next one.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 09:45:18 AM +0000 »

Maikel, in selebrating of your win please share your setup AND REPLAY file from SPA. I want to learn and analize.
You can save only best Q lap using green markers on the replay bar. Thanks!  Smiley

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2017, 12:06:23 PM +0000 »

Not sure what happened at the start but by eau rouge I was still in my grid position BUT with Mark and Simon behind me which was a surprise. So for a few plus laps I had them in my mirrors testing me on how late I could brake, not as late as they could as it happened. Eventually Mark squeezed past with a small amount of paint exchange and Simon sneaked past as well in his wake at the bus stop chicane. It was nice watching them in front of me jostling for position; I was secretly hoping that I could capitalise from a mistake but that mistake never happened. I'm not sure how FMG ended up behind me but there he was gaining all the time but a lap or two from the finish he started to fall away much to my relief.

Thanks Mark for organising a very successful championship, just peeved that I wasn't able to make all the races. Congratulations to the podium and Maikel for the championship win Smiley

Best wishes, Chris

Still learning so be patient
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 01:00:51 PM +0000 »

We're joint 5th - how do we settle things around here? behind the bike sheds after 3:30, blunt weapons only?  Grin

Arm wrestle?Huh

I did wonder about that also. It says you are 5th and I am 6th but we have the same points. Is it that the system can have two drivers in the same position or is one ahead because of better overall results?

Simon, can you help?

Michael Boylan

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 01:06:08 PM +0000 »

Simon, can you help?

From HERE...

In the event of a tie on points, the following criteria will be applied in order:
Number of events entered within the championship
Best finish in class
Best finish overall
Best qualifying position in class
Best qualifying position overall
Most number of wins in class, or 2nd places if tied on wins, and so on down to 6th place.
Most number of wins overall, or 2nd places if tied on wins, and so on down to 6th place.
Most number of class poles in class, or 2nd place qualifying if tied on poles, and so on down to 6th place.
Most number of class poles overall, or 2nd place qualifying if tied on poles, and so on down to 6th place.
If none of the above resolve the tie then it will remain.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 03:51:07 PM +0000 »

Simon, can you help?

From HERE...

In the event of a tie on points, the following criteria will be applied in order:
Best finish in class
Best finish overall
Most number of wins in class, or 2nd places if tied on wins, and so on down to 6th place.
Most number of wins overall, or 2nd places if tied on wins, and so on down to 6th place.
Most number of class poles in class, or 2nd place qualifying if tied on poles, and so on down to 6th place.
Most number of class poles overall, or 2nd place qualifying if tied on poles, and so on down to 6th place.

Thanks Simon Smiley

Michael Boylan

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2017, 07:46:04 PM +0000 »

Maikel, in selebrating of your win please share your setup AND REPLAY file from SPA. I want to learn and analize.
You can save only best Q lap using green markers on the replay bar. Thanks!  Smiley

https://youtu.be/QqjdPPn1LPs
There you go  Grin

This was actually the last lap of the race, somehow with the slippery rear the car just felt great. Crucial thing for this was definitely the FFBclip app. I was having some issues with it this last Sunday with the 919 race ( somehow this is the only car that makes my apps go all buggy   Undecided ) and tried to run it without it the app... and it was terrible. Spent a good time and half the quali just to get it working, can't imagine racing without it. Not sure if it makes such a difference on other wheels but for a G27 I think this is a must have app.

Setup is in the comments section of the video. Actually the first time I tried a low front ARB - high rear ARB. Need to test it some more but so far it made alot of difference in terms of stability going into corners.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 07:49:50 PM +0000 »

Simon, can you help?

From HERE...

Best finish in class
Best finish overall

Thanks Simon Smiley

Simon...

What time is it in Japan?

What time is it in florida?

Add wipes to my latest order?

Remind me to pick up some nails?

Or have i got you confused with something else Grin

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 04:44:25 AM +0000 »

Crucial thing for this was definitely the FFBclip app. I was having some issues with it this last Sunday with the 919 race ( somehow this is the only car that makes my apps go all buggy   Undecided ) and tried to run it without it the app... and it was terrible. Spent a good time and half the quali just to get it working, can't imagine racing without it. Not sure if it makes such a difference on other wheels but for a G27 I think this is a must have app.

Setup is in the comments section of the video. Actually the first time I tried a low front ARB - high rear ARB. Need to test it some more but so far it made alot of difference in terms of stability going into corners.
Ok thanks! Will test you setup)
BTW i am using LUT Generator for G27 FFB better linearity. I have best FFB feelings here- no empty ( but turned) FFB  in  center and more calm FFB in whole range. Can't drive without custom FFB lut  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:28:26 AM +0000 by Baikal » Logged

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2017, 07:51:42 AM +0000 »

Nice lap replay Maikel, you were properly on it!  Smiley will give that setup a try thanks

Well deserved champion, you dominated the series.  Cool  next season you start with an 80kg ballast 'performance leveller' onboard  Grin

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2017, 08:06:24 AM +0000 »

Hell yeah. We will call you "Fa(s)t Maikel"

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com